Heavy Rains In Kauai

Where did you get that man purse?
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Heavy Rains In Kauai

Post by mattcantwin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:00 pm

My daughter called to tell us about the torrential rainfall they just experienced.

According to the National Weather Service, Hanalei got 28.15 inches of rain over the 24-hour period that ended at 2 a.m Sunday.

(That's more than one-third the amount of rain the community typically gets in a year.)

The all-time record rainfall for Hanalei was set in March 2012 when 28.54 inches fell over 24 hours.

But forecasters say it's highly likely that the March 2012 record was broken over the weekend because...

the rain gauge stopped reporting.

I'm sure there are many interesting (and devastating) pictures of the damage and results of the rains; she sent us one.

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Re: Heavy Rains In Kauai

Post by hidden by leaves » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Wow my wife and i were just there in April/may, what a beautiful place, sorry to hear of this. Hope your daughter and everyone there is safe and gets back on their feet soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Send lawyers, guns and money...

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:07 pm

hidden by leaves wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 pm
Wow my wife and i were just there in April/may, what a beautiful place, sorry to hear of this.

Hope your daughter and everyone there is safe and gets back on their feet soon!
Thanks for the concern; she lives in an area in Princeville that did not suffer any flooding.

raf42
Fister
Name: Rob

Post by raf42 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Glad to hear she's ok. We honeymooned in the Princeville/Hanalei area and have been back more than a few times. One of the most beautiful spots on Earth, especially after a little rain when the bay is ringed by mountains with many visible waterfalls. But not that much rain.

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:55 am

RALAustin
Name: Rob

Post by RALAustin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Wow. We were there last summer. Loved it.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:30 am

I took my family there last month. We didn't get to the north side of the island on this trip, but I remember the area being beautiful from past visits. I hope they are able to rebuild and recover quickly.

I'm a member of a Toyota Tacoma forum and the HI members (it seems Tacomas are just about the most popular vehicle in HI) are posting some incredible pictures.

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:36 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:30 am
I'm a member of a Toyota Tacoma forum and the HI members (it seems Tacomas are just about the most popular vehicle in HI) are posting some incredible pictures.
I have a Kauai Tacoma story.

My youngest grandson goes to pre-school with the daughter of a pretty wealthy guy and the families became friends.

He admired a painting my son-in-law completed; and they worked out a trade.

The painting for a...

I haven't seen the painting, but the truck looks great.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:09 am

Wow... It must've been one hell of a painting! I own the same truck, except mine is silver.

Please tell you son-in-law I really like his Thule rack board set up. I have factory roof racks with board pads for the long boards / SUPs and a tailgate surfboard pad/holder for the short boards. I just bought a flip out bed extender and mounted my tailgate board holder onto that, so I can now load my long boards in the bed. Bad news is, with the tailgate down, you lose the backup camera which is really handy when trying to squeeze the truck into some little spot by the beach. Plus, even with the bed extender, the long board still extends a few feet beyond the bed.

That Thule rack keeps the boards up and kind out of reach from admiring eyes. I think I paid $90 for the fin on one of my long boards. Hanging off the back of my bed, someone could pop it off in a second.