Well Done!

Where did you get that man purse?
Post Reply
User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 13525
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Well Done!

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:07 am

Image

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 6732
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Well Done!

Post by 59yukon01 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Old school parenting......love it! Father of the Year right there!

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 13525
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Well Done!

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:37 pm

Great way to address being kicked off the bus.
Image

User avatar
poppydog
aka Nelldog
Posts: 5443
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 pm
Name: Steve
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Well Done!

Post by poppydog » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:53 pm

Hmm, so 'parenting'; but he still somehow got to the stage of "being a little bully", so it's working, then.
Regards

Steve

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 13525
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Well Done!

Post by mattcantwin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:15 pm

poppydog wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:53 pm
Hmm, so 'parenting'; but he still somehow got to the stage of "being a little bully", so it's working, then.
Apparently not, but trying to address it now.
Image

User avatar
jad3703
Posts: 4840
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm
Name: James
Location: Heorot Hall

Re: Well Done!

Post by jad3703 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:53 am

Ayup, raising kids is never easy; nor should it be. Kids are always testing. Always trying to figure out boundaries and norms of behaviour, all of which is good. But I say much the same thing to my 9 &7 year old boys when they go outside the lines - I am a parent first and a friend second. There are times when they do not like Dad much but I do not care - I want to raise a responsible, self-correcting person, not a sociopath.

Regard,

James
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I'll either find a way or make one"
Image

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11234
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Well Done!

Post by fastward » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:18 pm

In this day and age, I would not be surprised if the father was investigated by the school.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11234
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Well Done!

Post by fastward » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:19 pm

There’s a fine line between old school parenting and child abuse and pressure for schools to look into anything that may cross over.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 27531
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Well Done!

Post by matt.wu » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Now I know where the kid learned it from.

Punishment seems reasonable.

Recording it and posting online is sending the absolute wrong message to his kid and is basically the same bullying he's punishing his son for. Parents need to understand kids learn from their example more than just their words.
:htfu:

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30902
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Well Done!

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:50 pm

matt.wu wrote:Now I know where the kid learned it from.

Punishment seems reasonable.

Recording it and posting online is sending the absolute wrong message to his kid and is basically the same bullying he's punishing his son for. Parents need to understand kids learn from their example more than just their words.
Absolutely correct.

The punishment would have been fine, but posting it publicly suggests the father suffers from the same narcissistic tendencies as the Kardashians, “real housewives”, and many of the young people today. This behavior is destroying society.

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 7143
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Re: Well Done!

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:51 pm

The dad seems like a bit of a dick. Public shaming isn’t cool.
The Hapa

User avatar
jad3703
Posts: 4840
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm
Name: James
Location: Heorot Hall

Re: Well Done!

Post by jad3703 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:43 am

matt.wu wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:34 pm
Now I know where the kid learned it from.

Punishment seems reasonable.

Recording it and posting online is sending the absolute wrong message to his kid and is basically the same bullying he's punishing his son for. Parents need to understand kids learn from their example more than just their words.
Agreed and good point, Matt. Exactly the wrong message to send. The intent is the correct one but putting it on the web is being a wanker.

Regards,

James
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I'll either find a way or make one"
Image

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 13525
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Well Done!

Post by mattcantwin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:37 am

jad3703 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:43 am
matt.wu wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:34 pm
Now I know where the kid learned it from.

Punishment seems reasonable.

Recording it and posting online is sending the absolute wrong message to his kid and is basically the same bullying he's punishing his son for. Parents need to understand kids learn from their example more than just their words.
Agreed and good point, Matt. Exactly the wrong message to send. The intent is the correct one but putting it on the web is being a wanker.

Regards,

James

Not disagreeing with this, but the father didn't show his son's face or make him apologize to the world on the video.
Image

User avatar
poppydog
aka Nelldog
Posts: 5443
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 pm
Name: Steve
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Well Done!

Post by poppydog » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:25 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:51 pm
The dad seems like a bit of a dick. Public shaming isn’t cool.
This. And the punishment is absurd. And yes, you don't stop bullying by more bullying.
Regards

Steve

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 13525
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Well Done!

Post by mattcantwin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:32 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:51 pm
Public shaming isn’t cool.
True...


unless you deserve it.





Image
Image

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Well Done!

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:24 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:34 pm
Now I know where the kid learned it from.

Punishment seems reasonable.

Recording it and posting online is sending the absolute wrong message to his kid and is basically the same bullying he's punishing his son for. Parents need to understand kids learn from their example more than just their words.
Totally agree.

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 6732
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Well Done!

Post by 59yukon01 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Not sure how the dad is being looked at as the bully. The kid got kicked off the bus for being a bully. Punishment is he now has to run to school. Poor baby. Like Matt said his face wasn't shown on FB so no public shaming imo. I'll agree that Dad should have kept it private. Too many attention seeking people on social media looking for their 15 minutes of fame imo.

I think his reasoning though was most parents would have probably blamed it on the bus driver for even reporting it as surely their little angel couldn't have done that.


Example

Image

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 13525
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Well Done!

Post by mattcantwin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Well put, David. :thumbsup:
Image

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 24156
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Well Done!

Post by BBK357 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:30 am

I’m glad he punished his son for being a bully/dickhead. If not done at a young age it will get even worse.

That being said- the whole Facebook video thing... I can’t get behind it. I’m so sick of people putting stuff on the internet for likes and follows. I don’t care what others do. I honestly can’t stand social media and I wish Facebook and twitter would just die. I liked Instagram at first, now it’s out of control with “stories” and shit. Totally turned me off. Was way cooler when it was newer and before all the “upgrades”.

Just call me Demer Jr
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5435
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Well Done!

Post by dnslater » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:33 am

59yukon01 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:53 pm
Not sure how the dad is being looked at as the bully. The kid got kicked off the bus for being a bully. Punishment is he now has to run to school. Poor baby. Like Matt said his face wasn't shown on FB so no public shaming imo. I'll agree that Dad should have kept it private. Too many attention seeking people on social media looking for their 15 minutes of fame imo.
It doesn't matter to me that he didn't show the kid's face, I just question what the Dad's goal was by putting it on facebook. I agree, way too many attention whores out there on social media. I hate when parent's humble brag shit on facebook.......... I'm close to shutting down my fb account, because nothing good comes of it other than bullshit political arguments and the charm of figuring out what happened to all of your old high school classmates wore off long ago.........

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests