Tiling a Garage

Where did you get that man purse?
Post Reply
User avatar
Heuerville
Posts: 4640
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 am
Name: Stewart
Location: UK
Contact:

Tiling a Garage

Post by Heuerville » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm after a nice brick style tile for my garage (to turn it into a garage/study), similar to this:

(This is a waxed brick floor)
Image

I've hunted around for tile options, and most 'brick style' tiles are super expensive at $65/M Sq+
I'm not after a show home finish, I want a basic rustic finish.. anyone have any suggestions on what to search for?

As a side note, it's not essential that the tiles take the weight of a car.
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30443
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Tiling a Garage

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 pm

How about tinted concrete with a pattern stamped into it?
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
Heuerville
Posts: 4640
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 am
Name: Stewart
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Tiling a Garage

Post by Heuerville » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 pm
How about tinted concrete with a pattern stamped into it?
Like a driveway? Hmm.. not sure about that, I'me guessing that would require digging up of the floor to create a key and the relevant depth?
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8160
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Tiling a Garage

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Heuerville wrote:I'm after a nice brick style tile for my garage (to turn it into a garage/study), similar to this:

(This is a waxed brick floor)
Image

I've hunted around for tile options, and most 'brick style' tiles are super expensive at $65/M Sq+
I'm not after a show home finish, I want a basic rustic finish.. anyone have any suggestions on what to search for?

As a side note, it's not essential that the tiles take the weight of a car.
That looks like something from the 70s.
Personally, I'd acid etch it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk


User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30443
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Tiling a Garage

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 pm

I was thinking something like this.

Image
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Posts: 4370
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm
Name: Don

Re: Tiling a Garage

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 pm

CGSshorty wrote:How about tinted concrete with a pattern stamped into it?
Funny. I just watched a fixer upper episode where they did that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 16940
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Tiling a Garage

Post by demer03 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:36 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 pm
I was thinking something like this.

Image
I love that look, but our driveways take a beating with winters. I just don’t know how long that would last with salt and plowing....even faux seams.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests