Would you buy your own island?

Where did you get that man purse?
User avatar
Heuerville
Posts: 4700
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 am
Name: Stewart
Location: UK
Contact:

Would you buy your own island?

Post by Heuerville » Mon May 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Just surfing around properties in the UK, and spotted this, in the Scottish Outer Hebrides..
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 71561.html

Would you do it?! I see shit like this and think 'fuck yes', but never ever consider it!
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 32964
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by hoppyjr » Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 pm

Yes. Then I would stock the island with lovely ladies, much like one would stock a fish pond on their property.


User avatar
gwells
Posts: 7063
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am
Name: Greg
Location: NoVA

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by gwells » Mon May 15, 2017 9:21 pm

sure, i would buy an island if i had stupid money.

but not in scotland, man. a WARM island. tropical.

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 5029
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by Seppia » Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 pm

gwells wrote:sure, i would buy an island if i had stupid money.

but not in scotland, man. a WARM island. tropical.
Agree. Not sure one can find one in the Caribbean with electricity and water connection for that type of price though

User avatar
gwells
Posts: 7063
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am
Name: Greg
Location: NoVA

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by gwells » Mon May 15, 2017 11:13 pm

You get what you pay for.

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 5029
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by Seppia » Tue May 16, 2017 12:20 am

gwells wrote:You get what you pay for.

Always the case!

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 7844
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by HapaHapa » Tue May 16, 2017 12:29 am

Looks like a perfect under the radar 007 getaway. A little warmer location may be preferable though.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

The Hapa

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8349
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by streetracer101 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:15 am

hoppyjr wrote:Yes. Then I would stock the island with lovely ladies, much like one would stock a fish pond on their property.
Supposedly David Copperfield has done this.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk


User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 7641
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by 59yukon01 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:19 am

Yes, but somewhere warm. Clothes would then be prohibited.

Image

User avatar
marchone
Capt. Obvious
Posts: 14835
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 am
Name: Wayne
Location: NYC

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by marchone » Tue May 16, 2017 4:22 am

Heuerville wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 7:26 pm
Just surfing around properties in the UK, and spotted this, in the Scottish Outer Hebrides..
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 71561.html

Would you do it?! I see shit like this and think 'fuck yes', but never ever consider it!
That'd be nice for about six weeks a year in the summer but that's about it.
only accurate watches are interesting

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8349
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by streetracer101 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 am

marchone wrote:
Heuerville wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 7:26 pm
Just surfing around properties in the UK, and spotted this, in the Scottish Outer Hebrides..
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 71561.html

Would you do it?! I see shit like this and think 'fuck yes', but never ever consider it!
That'd be nice for about six weeks a year in the summer but that's about it.
With satellite internet, a boat, and women, I could spend way more time than that there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk


Last edited by streetracer101 on Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
marchone
Capt. Obvious
Posts: 14835
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 am
Name: Wayne
Location: NYC

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by marchone » Tue May 16, 2017 4:56 am

It's pretty cheap.
only accurate watches are interesting

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by unsub073 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:54 am

DWC island. We can all pitch in for it. It's only 16 Million.

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales ... ana-cay-ab

Foot's Cay, Guana Cay, Abaco
This enchanting 20 acre private Bahamian cay on the Sea of Abaco captures the essence of island living. Just 30 minutes from the international airport and jet service, Foot's Cay offers uniquely convenient access to the central hub of Marsh Harbour.

The four suite "Main house" with it's impressive vaulted ceilings, massive doors, and limestone floor evokes a sense of grandeur with a clean, simple aesthetic. Wide covered verandas flow seamlessly from the great room and offer gracious outdoor living and dining areas. With professional quality appliances and seating for twenty, this house serves as the backdrop for truly memorable dining experiences.

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8349
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by streetracer101 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:29 am

unsub073 wrote:DWC island. We can all pitch in for it. It's only 16 Million.

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales ... ana-cay-ab

Foot's Cay, Guana Cay, Abaco
This enchanting 20 acre private Bahamian cay on the Sea of Abaco captures the essence of island living. Just 30 minutes from the international airport and jet service, Foot's Cay offers uniquely convenient access to the central hub of Marsh Harbour.

The four suite "Main house" with it's impressive vaulted ceilings, massive doors, and limestone floor evokes a sense of grandeur with a clean, simple aesthetic. Wide covered verandas flow seamlessly from the great room and offer gracious outdoor living and dining areas. With professional quality appliances and seating for twenty, this house serves as the backdrop for truly memorable dining experiences.
I'm only in if it's just for me and the wives. No offense, but hanging out with a bunch of watch nerds in swim trunks isn't my cuppa.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk



gamecock111
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 am
Name: Doug

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by gamecock111 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:46 am

I'm in. Put it under a LLC so when first taxes come due, we have a path to get back where we started

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 32964
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Would you buy your own island?

Post by hoppyjr » Tue May 16, 2017 10:06 am

streetracer101 wrote:
unsub073 wrote:DWC island. We can all pitch in for it. It's only 16 Million.

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales ... ana-cay-ab

Foot's Cay, Guana Cay, Abaco
This enchanting 20 acre private Bahamian cay on the Sea of Abaco captures the essence of island living. Just 30 minutes from the international airport and jet service, Foot's Cay offers uniquely convenient access to the central hub of Marsh Harbour.

The four suite "Main house" with it's impressive vaulted ceilings, massive doors, and limestone floor evokes a sense of grandeur with a clean, simple aesthetic. Wide covered verandas flow seamlessly from the great room and offer gracious outdoor living and dining areas. With professional quality appliances and seating for twenty, this house serves as the backdrop for truly memorable dining experiences.
I'm only in if it's just for me and the wives. No offense, but hanging out with a bunch of watch nerds in swim trunks isn't my cuppa.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Who said we were going to wear trunks?

If I own the place I'm freeballin'

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 6083
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by Chocodove » Tue May 16, 2017 10:21 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:06 am
streetracer101 wrote:
unsub073 wrote:DWC island. We can all pitch in for it. It's only 16 Million.

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales ... ana-cay-ab

Foot's Cay, Guana Cay, Abaco
This enchanting 20 acre private Bahamian cay on the Sea of Abaco captures the essence of island living. Just 30 minutes from the international airport and jet service, Foot's Cay offers uniquely convenient access to the central hub of Marsh Harbour.

The four suite "Main house" with it's impressive vaulted ceilings, massive doors, and limestone floor evokes a sense of grandeur with a clean, simple aesthetic. Wide covered verandas flow seamlessly from the great room and offer gracious outdoor living and dining areas. With professional quality appliances and seating for twenty, this house serves as the backdrop for truly memorable dining experiences.
I'm only in if it's just for me and the wives. No offense, but hanging out with a bunch of watch nerds in swim trunks isn't my cuppa.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Who said we were going to wear trunks?

If I own the place I'm freeballin'
Pantless parties FTW.
- Todd

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by ItnStln » Tue May 16, 2017 10:27 am

59yukon01 wrote:Yes, but somewhere warm. Clothes would then be prohibited.

Image
Nice

User avatar
poppydog
aka Nelldog
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 pm
Name: Steve
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by poppydog » Tue May 16, 2017 12:38 pm

I would. And I'd live on it year round and ban anyone who disagrees with me. I'd also ban ugly people.
Regards

Steve

User avatar
Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Posts: 10249
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:16 pm
Name: Michael

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by Sidheguitarist » Tue May 16, 2017 1:24 pm

If i could afford an island, I'd buy Yukon a new "Hot chick" pic to post first. That one, above, is damn near older than that egg-eating French lady that just croaked. :lol:

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by ItnStln » Tue May 16, 2017 1:45 pm

poppydog wrote:I would. And I'd live on it year round and ban anyone who disagrees with me. I'd also ban ugly people.
Great thinking there!

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 7641
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by 59yukon01 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Sidheguitarist wrote:If i could afford an island, I'd buy Yukon a new "Hot chick" pic to post first. That one, above, is damn near older than that egg-eating French lady that just croaked. Image
Quit making fun of my wife. She doesn't know I took that picture, and besides it's my favorite.

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8349
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by streetracer101 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:39 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:06 am
streetracer101 wrote:
unsub073 wrote:DWC island. We can all pitch in for it. It's only 16 Million.

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales ... ana-cay-ab

Foot's Cay, Guana Cay, Abaco
This enchanting 20 acre private Bahamian cay on the Sea of Abaco captures the essence of island living. Just 30 minutes from the international airport and jet service, Foot's Cay offers uniquely convenient access to the central hub of Marsh Harbour.

The four suite "Main house" with it's impressive vaulted ceilings, massive doors, and limestone floor evokes a sense of grandeur with a clean, simple aesthetic. Wide covered verandas flow seamlessly from the great room and offer gracious outdoor living and dining areas. With professional quality appliances and seating for twenty, this house serves as the backdrop for truly memorable dining experiences.
I'm only in if it's just for me and the wives. No offense, but hanging out with a bunch of watch nerds in swim trunks isn't my cuppa.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Who said we were going to wear trunks?

If I own the place I'm freeballin'
You and Ben can stay on your side. I don't like the idea of grit in my loins. I'll stick with something like this:
Image

User avatar
Heuerville
Posts: 4700
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 am
Name: Stewart
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Would you buy your own island?

Post by Heuerville » Tue May 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Sidheguitarist wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 1:24 pm
If i could afford an island, I'd buy Yukon a new "Hot chick" pic to post first. That one, above, is damn near older than that egg-eating French lady that just croaked. :lol:
What nobody knows, is that chick has a massive dong.
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 15427
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Would you buy your own island?

Post by JDC222 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:26 am

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests