Ok, gents, you've got to help me out: cigar ideas?

Where did you get that man purse?
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: Ok, gents, you've got to help me out: cigar ideas?

Post by BBK357 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:05 pm

I've had some pretty crappy cigars that were supposed to be great- it all depends on how they are stored
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:08 pm

BBK357 wrote:I've had some pretty crappy cigars that were supposed to be great- it all depends on how they are stored
Bill agrees 1,000%

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:17 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
BBK357 wrote:I've had some pretty crappy cigars that were supposed to be great- it all depends on how they are stored
Bill agrees 1,000%
If only that musty smell wouldn't stick around it would be about perfect
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Studebaker Hawk
Name: JMK

Try Perdomo

Post by Studebaker Hawk » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Specifically the Perdomo 10th Anniversary "Champagne"

Fantastic cigar and light. Great for the occasional smoker.

Best Bang for Buck Here...
http://www.fieldsupply.com/perdomo-champagne.html

If you are near Chicago, My Treat...
JK
"My Grandfather...on his deathbed...sold me this watch"

- Woody Allen

zepp21
Name: Alex

Ok, gents, you've got to help me out: cigar ideas?

Post by zepp21 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:20 pm

For me cigar strength depends a lot on "when" I'll be having it. After dinner and some drinks? Dark, bold, spicy, and robust. Golf round at noon? Light and mild. Generally, the later in the day, the darker and more bold you'll want. Another thing, a darker cigar will cleanse the palette *edited* Don't need Terry getting any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safetystop
Diving (muff) is not a team sport.
Name: Dr. Eaton Beaver

Post by Safetystop » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:55 pm

Sidheguitarist wrote::lol:

This thread delivers, six ways from Sunday.

Great stuff, gents, keep up the good work.
Safetystop wrote:Go to a good cigar/pipe shop..NOT a smoke shop. If they have those vape thingies that the faggoty millenials are shoving in their face cunts, walk out. And yes we burned one without you, your dumbass didn't show up...
:clap:

Can you recommend a shop in Seattle? We're there enough in the summer that I'd do that before undergoing a de-millennial elimination search locally.
:shrug:
The Tobacco Patch in Bellevue is a good old school shop.
In Seattle Rain City Cigar is another good shop.

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:59 pm

#truth
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

hazmatman
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Der Brummbär

Post by hazmatman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:11 pm

SCM64 wrote:There is only one answer: Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature.

You're welcome, from you're friend in Tampa, otherwise known as Cigar City. Look it up.
Mike, until you experiment some more to find your niche, it may be a bit hit or miss. However I will venture the following...

I have not smoked a single cigar since the wee one was born - almost 3 years now, but what Steve said...AF Hemingway Signatures, very nice, and their Fuente Fuente Opus X line, most delicious! For a reliable milder smoke, you cannot go wrong with standard Arturo Fuente's. I also like Perdomo, their Lot 23 comes in a variety of styles (mild to full). If you want fuller smokes, I like Padron 1926, Oliva Series V and Partagas Black Label.

My standby daily driver smoke was Rocky Patel Vintage 90. :thumbsup: They fall right in the middle edging towards full. Meaty enough to make it worth smoking, but not so powerful that I have ever had a negative reaction to one. Sometimes very full bodied/flavoured (i.e. high nicotine) cigars can hit you hard. Turn people off.

I had NUB twice. Not bad. Nub works the premise you are always in the sweet spot with their cigars since all cigars have them, and it's usually generalized as the "middle 1/3" of the stick. It has to do with mild heating and the smoke as it draws thru from the beginning of the stick. Nubs are very short and very fat, usually 55 and up rings. They did seem to get decent very quick, but like I said - only smoked two of these. But the sweet spot discussion circles me back to cigars in general, if you're going to have time to sit back and chill, and devote yourself to one of these puppies...get Toro's & Churchill's (6in +). I like Robusto's and stock a lot of them because I need something I can get through in under an hour.

For something different, you can try Drew Estate's ACID line. They are infused cigars. I never thought I would like them, but I did. The Kuba Kuba's are their signature cigar. I also liked their "Dirt Torpedo". I found all their stuff to be on the milder side.

Sometimes this stuff changes over time as your taste migrates or these cigar lines change as the cigar houses deal with tobacco changes with each season. I am still astounded RP can sell Vintage 90 cigars. Makes me wonder just how much 1990 tobacco is left in these things. Maybe half a leaf. Maybe it's just the wood they roll them on is from 1990. :lol:

Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Name: Michael

Post by Sidheguitarist » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:52 pm

hazmatman wrote: For something different, you can try Drew Estate's ACID line. They are infused cigars. I never thought I would like them, but I did.
Taken out of context this strikes me as more Phish audience, and less DJ.
:lol:

Lot's of great info guys, I appreciate it very much!
:fro:

ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:11 am

I keep a few on hand.

No, it's not Tourettes.