Anything to significantly reduce weight and bulk.

Where did you get that man purse?
Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Anything to significantly reduce weight and bulk.

Post by Axelay2003 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:02 pm

We just got back from San Antonio, Texas. Having two little kids and a toddler sucks when traveling.
My mother made a large textile bag to hold a toddler car seat and two booster seats. This thing is huge, bulky, and weighs at least 40 lbs altogether. I wouldn't mind it if I only had this and a couple of rolling luggages. We also drag around a stroller and a hexagonal play crib(which is very compact and helps with keeping my one year old off the dirty ass hotel rugs).

I thought I would post this for those members here that travel a lot with little kids. This compact booster foldable seat will take weight off my back.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mifo ... x/13206794#/
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

poppydog
aka Nelldog
Name: Steve

Re: Anything to significantly reduce weight and bulk.

Post by poppydog » Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm

I don't need one any longer, but I wish they were available when the kids were little.
Regards

Steve

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon May 30, 2016 11:25 pm

Makes me want to have more kids.

Or not.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Tue May 31, 2016 12:23 am

We've only traveled by car with our son. Until a year or two ago there was no way I was taking him on a plane. He's outgrown the booster seat so I guess I escaped dragging that stuff around.

Unless another one shows up unexpected.
The Hapa

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Tue May 31, 2016 6:10 am

I remember those days. Car seat, high chair, pack and play, toys, baby food, formula, diaper bag, etc., etc., etc.

Glad they're gone for sure.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Tue May 31, 2016 6:38 am

Buy and ship one where you are going...they are cheap and way better than renting or brining with you. Once you are done, donate it or leave it with the relative to give to charity or keep. We did always bring our double stroller (Citi Mini Jogger)...they can double as a luggage carrier and move the kids fast through airports (check at gate).

We always did that when traveling and always bought a seat for the kids...it is torture to hold a kid, even if they are young enough that you can get away with not buying a ticket.

hazmatman
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Der Brummbär

Post by hazmatman » Tue May 31, 2016 8:20 am

Interesting concept. I would like to see the crash data on it. Like most modifications to a cars seating and restraint systems (infant carriers, child sets, boosters, etc), if they are built properly, it's all about proper installation. I've seen more than a few child seats that had moved during accidents that were obviously improperly installed. Sad really because most fire/police departments will do it for you if you ask them.

Thanks for sharing.

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:31 am

Regular exercise and cut the carbs.
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Tue May 31, 2016 10:35 am

andrema wrote:Buy and ship one where you are going...they are cheap and way better than renting or brining with you. Once you are done, donate it or leave it with the relative to give to charity or keep. We did always bring our double stroller (Citi Mini Jogger)...they can double as a luggage carrier and move the kids fast through airports (check at gate).

We always did that when traveling and always bought a seat for the kids...it is torture to hold a kid, even if they are young enough that you can get away with not buying a ticket.
------------

+1....only travelled with double stroller--rented car seats through Rental car company--kids sat on my lap in the airplane until they needed own seat.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Tue May 31, 2016 10:37 am

Wow! I thought this was a wallet or some kind of EDC suggestion. Instead, you're bitching about being a dad? Drink more or lift more, as Steven suggested.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

Axelay2003

Post by Axelay2003 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:50 am

andrema wrote:Buy and ship one where you are going...they are cheap and way better than renting or brining with you. Once you are done, donate it or leave it with the relative to give to charity or keep. We did always bring our double stroller (Citi Mini Jogger)...they can double as a luggage carrier and move the kids fast through airports (check at gate).

My wife is from Philly and we still visit her side of the family there at least three times per year. We purchased a car seat and left it at my in-law's place. The only problem is that every time we flew into Philly, her parents had to meet us at the airport with the car seat. When we flew out, they had to be there to take it from us prior to departing. It became too cumbersome and didn't want to trouble her parents any more than we should, lol. We decided to bring a car seat every time we fly anywhere. We used to rent the car seats, but they were filthy and usually the cheaper grades. The rental for five days equaled a brand new, more solid car seat.

Axelay2003

Post by Axelay2003 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:55 am

I must add that we rent a vehicle ever time we travel.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Tue May 31, 2016 5:50 pm

Axelay2003 wrote:

My wife is from Philly and we still visit her side of the family there at least three times per year. We purchased a car seat and left it at my in-law's place. The only problem is that every time we flew into Philly, her parents had to meet us at the airport with the car seat. When we flew out, they had to be there to take it from us prior to departing. It became too cumbersome and didn't want to trouble her parents any more than we should, lol. We decided to bring a car seat every time we fly anywhere. We used to rent the car seats, but they were filthy and usually the cheaper grades. The rental for five days equaled a brand new, more solid car seat.
They make a travel car seat with wheels on the bottom.

I also had a strap on rack to convert a seat for one trip. That's why I ended up doing what I did with the boosters. Hell, You can get decent ones for $30...leave it at the airport when you go home :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:32 am

lilhoody wrote:Wow! I thought this was a wallet or some kind of EDC suggestion. Instead, you're bitching about being a dad? Drink more or lift more, as Steven suggested.
:lol: ;)
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:42 am

Taking a high chair sounds insane. We have a travel carseat in a dedicated travel bag, and that's it. My daughter flew on my wife's lap when she was small. Now, at three, she sits in her seat just like everyone else.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:50 am

JP Chestnut wrote:Taking a high chair sounds insane. We have a travel carseat in a dedicated travel bag, and that's it. My daughter flew on my wife's lap when she was small. Now, at three, she sits in her seat just like everyone else.
I wouldn't take a high chair with me on a plane trip (at least, I don't think I would - I wasn't necessarily the final arbiter back in the days when we still needed a high chair). We did on plenty of car trip vacations, though.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 am

we stuff our daughter under the seat until she was 5

Axelay2003

Post by Axelay2003 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:59 am

JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:Taking a high chair sounds insane. We have a travel carseat in a dedicated travel bag, and that's it. My daughter flew on my wife's lap when she was small. Now, at three, she sits in her seat just like everyone else.
I wouldn't take a high chair with me on a plane trip (at least, I don't think I would - I wasn't necessarily the final arbiter back in the days when we still needed a high chair). We did on plenty of car trip vacations, though.
Is a high chair also called a booster seat? We don't use booster seats in the plane, but we do in cars.

My take on a high chair is it is as tall as a dining table.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:02 am

Axelay2003 wrote:
JBZ wrote:
Is a high chair also called a booster seat? We don't use booster seats in the plane, but we do in cars.

My take on a high chair is it is as tall as a dining table.
I meant a traditional high chair where a baby sits to eat. I've taken booster seats and car seats on plane trips - no real problem - just something extra to carry.