Where did you get that man purse?
FlyPenFly
Name: Off, Jerk

Re: How to Dress

Post by FlyPenFly » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:26 am

Ryeguy wrote:
poppydog wrote:
What's a start up surfer?
I think that is term used to describe someone who jumps from technology start up company to start up, probably jumping as VC capital is used up.

I'm not certain this is a "thing" outside Silicon Valley.
Or I surf and work at a startup.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:01 am

Jeans (propper fitting dark jeans, without holes) are the new khakis in the "business casual" workspace... get with the program oldtimers.

:bird:

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:02 am

FlyPenFly wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
poppydog wrote:
I think that is term used to describe someone who jumps from technology start up company to start up, probably jumping as VC capital is used up.

That's how I read it.... You surf in the morning and then go to the "startup" (in flip flops).

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:04 am

Joeprez wrote:
FlyPenFly wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
poppydog wrote:

That's how I read it.... You surf in the morning and then go to the "startup" (in flip flops).
I need a job like that :shrug:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:05 am

Joeprez wrote:Jeans (propper fitting dark jeans, without holes) are the new khakis in the "business casual" workspace... get with the program oldtimers.

No, they are a reflection of the fact that millennial men can't fathom why anyone would want them wear something more formal than sweatpants or gym shorts ("Jeans? Well, okay for work, I guess.").

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:07 am

JBZ wrote:
Joeprez wrote:Jeans (propper fitting dark jeans, without holes) are the new khakis in the "business casual" workspace... get with the program oldtimers.

No, they are a reflection of the fact that millennial men can't fathom why anyone would want them wear something more formal than sweatpants or gym shorts ("Jeans? Well, okay for work, I guess.").
I am one of those millenials :lol:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:17 am

Jeans feel like shit against the skin. Poorly dressed slobs don't know what they're missing.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:37 am

blowfish89 wrote:
JBZ wrote:

I am one of those millenials :lol:
It's okay. You understand computers better than I do.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:42 am

JP Chestnut wrote:Jeans feel like shit against the skin. I prefer something silky, usually from my wife's underwear drawer. Non-cross dressing slobs don't know what they're missing.
:raised:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:49 am

hoppyjr wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:Jeans feel like shit against the skin. I prefer something silky, usually from my wife's underwear drawer. Non-cross dressing slobs don't know what they're missing.
Tropical weight S140 wool is like wearing nothing but ladies underwear all day. Jeans, especially "nice" ones, feel like work wear - because they're for men who are covered in hair :shock:

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:03 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Tropical weight S140 wool is like wearing nothing but ladies underwear all day. Jeans, especially "nice" ones, feel like work wear - because they're for men who are covered in hair :shock:
I'm not even gonna ask... :lol:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:04 am

hoppyjr wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
:love:

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:20 am

hoppyjr wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Yeah, there are so many comments around here that beg the question. "That tastes like shit". And how do you know that? "I bet she fucks like my grandmother". And how do you know that? And so on....
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:48 am

Get with the program. Dress for success, don't be a slob! Cuffs are mandatory in the business world! Sorry for wearing a starter watch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:50 am

Henryj wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Yeah, there are so many comments around here that beg the question. "That tastes like shit". And how do you know that? "I bet she fucks like my grandmother". And how do you know that? And so on....
As for the "fucks like a grandmother" we only need ask Mark.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Henryj wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
RRRREEEAAAAALLLL NIICCCCEEEEEEEEE and quiet. Like a walk in the park.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club

Post by jswing » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:01 pm

andrema wrote:Get with the program. Dress for success, don't be a slob! Cuffs are mandatory in the business world! Sorry for wearing a starter watch...

So... wear your wife's underwear, but with a cuff. Got it.

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:16 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
LMAO

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:16 pm

andrema wrote:Get with the program. Dress for success, don't be a slob! Cuffs are mandatory in the business world! Sorry for wearing a starter watch...

Ha, that's Ben! I recognize that slob's underoo's, from an old WRUW or WRUD thread.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:20 pm

When you wear khakis (at least the tan or light brown ones), you look like a microsoft engineer.

A good pair of dark jeans, that fit you correctly, dress shoes, a good long sleeve shirt, maybe a sport coat, works great as business casual.

If I can't wear jeans for business casual, I prefer grey/dark grey or navy blue pants.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:25 pm

After wearing a suit daily for 30+ years I can't even stand to look at one now. I'd wear shorts and t-shirts everyday if I could. The fashion police can kiss my ass!

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Joeprez wrote:When you wear khakis (at least the tan or light brown ones), you look like a microsoft engineer.
.....or a Boeing engineer around these parts. To complete the "uniform" one must wear a polo shirt, typically green, light blue, or red.

I used to wear khakis often, usually with an out-shirt to conceal my pistol. I just checked my closet and found 15 pairs. Time for make a bag for the Goodwill center.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:33 pm

I wear cotton casual slacks to work, business casual. Think banana republic or something along those lines. But not khaki colored.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:33 pm

59yukon01 wrote:After wearing a suit daily for 30+ years I can't even stand to look at one now. I'd wear shorts and t-shirts everyday if I could. The fashion police can kiss my ass!
I do. Flip flops too.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:46 pm

andrema wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Henryj wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Squeaks from lack of use and no longer self lubricating. :roll:
RRRREEEAAAAALLLL NIICCCCEEEEEEEEE and quiet. Like a walk in the park.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.