Allen Edmonds Owners....Order online?

Where did you get that man purse?
DrWapenshaw
Name: J

Allen Edmonds Owners....Order online?

Post by DrWapenshaw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:47 am

When I tried to purchase my first pair the salesman really pushed how I need to have it sized to my foot in store.

I want to order some online because my local store never has the ones I want (rubber soled).

Have any of you ordered AE's online without making sure the size in that style works for you and how did that go?

Thank you for your time!
Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Re: Allen Edmonds Owners....Order online?

Post by moishlashen » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:52 am

See if your local store can order the ones you want in. I've had good luck ordering online-but I've had to send some back for different size too.

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

DrWapenshaw

Post by DrWapenshaw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:05 am

moishlashen wrote:See if your local store can order the ones you want in. I've had good luck ordering online-but I've had to send some back for different size too.
Yes, I am pretty sure they would do that.

In your experience with them not fitting, do they tend to run too small or too big?

DrWapenshaw

Post by DrWapenshaw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:07 am

AE is having a clearance online and they actually have quite a bit of sizes available.
I am tempted to jump in since there are plenty of rubber soled listed and plenty of sizes.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:11 am

Depends on the last used for the particular model you want. Different lasts sometimes mean a different size is needed for the same foot.

Just order from a place with a good return policy like Zappos, and you should be good. If you're not sure on size, order a couple of different ones and send back whatever doesn't fit.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:54 am

I've ordered online with mostly good results, but yes - as Jeff says the different lasts really impact fit. I am a 9 1/2 D in 5 last and 10 in other lasts. Also some of the unlined rough collection shoes wear larger. Most of my AE purchases are online factory seconds from their Shoe Bank. Great deals. Shoe bank and AE are good on returns.

Link below explains the different lasts and you can read reviews of different shoes to see how they fit.
http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes-101/lasts.html

DrWapenshaw

Post by DrWapenshaw » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Follow up:

I ended up ordering 4 pairs online with 2 day delivery. They arrived quickly and I absolutely love the Jodox with Dainite rubber and the TAN color is gorgeous. When I opened the box, I thought, man I hope these fit!
All 3 others did not fit great, they fit "OK" but after putting on the Jodox I knew what I wanted them to fit like.
I sent the other 3 back and ordered a BLK pair of the Jodox with Dainite rubber. AE customer service was awesome and helped me locate my size in the blk although their website showed none in stock.

Edited: Thought , not though

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm

Glad it worked out. I used to mostly get leather soles, but the Dainite is terrific. Very hard wearing.