Comfortable dress shoes for big guy.

Where did you get that man purse?
DrWapenshaw
Name: J

Re: Comfortable dress shoes for big guy.

Post by DrWapenshaw » Mon May 11, 2015 5:57 pm

So I just got the story on why the wife unit didnt want me picking up shoes at BB that day. She was hoping this package would arrive but it didnt so she spilled the beans.

"Hello Mrs DrWapenshaw,
i want t tell you that the shoes you order they are almost ready,
we have a time unconvinient because our system we apologise for that
But probably they go out in 2 days.

Sorry about the delay we are working on that.

i want dot ask you if is for a gift because we can put a small message inside the shoe
Thank you very much.

Umberto Luce"

I still need more than one pair and different colors so this thread is very helpful.
Thanks
Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

DrWapenshaw

Discount AE's

Post by DrWapenshaw » Wed May 13, 2015 7:59 am

I went to a really cool shop yesterday to look at AE's.
The owner informed me he is selling all his AE's for steep discount (I believe around 50%) because he is no longer going to carry them due to their new selling model. He is in the "custom clothing business" and their new model does not work for him.

Unfortunatley for me they did not have my size in stock. He did get me numbers of the ones I can order directly from AE or to go to Saxons and ask.

If you know your size and style he might be willing to ship you some AE's at a great discount.
Store info: Nathans in Richmond. (804) 649-0508

hazmatman
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Der Brummbär

Post by hazmatman » Wed May 13, 2015 2:06 pm

dnslater wrote:More info would be helpful. Business casual? I often lean towards Allen Edmonds shoes. The one with cork/leather soles. They will last for a decade or more with proper care and can be resole'd. Less comfy at first than rubber soles but the cork slowly molds itself to your feet. I threw out all of my glued/rubber soled shoes years ago. Nice pair of oxfords and a pair or two of wing tips would be a good rotation for business casual.

No matter what you do, learn to care for them properly. If you use wood shoe trees and rotate several pares so they can dry out between wears, good shoes will last for a long time.

May seem like a lot to drop $600-$1k on a good shoe rotation, but if you consider what we spend on watches, and shoes contribute more to your comfort and quality of life.
I could not agree more. My grandmother always said (all good stories start this way, don't they? ;) ), she said, "You only get one pair of feet, and you have to use them every single day for your entire life. You can buy a cheap jacket, gloves, or hat, but you should never buy cheap shoes." She would pull a switch from a tree, and chase down Steven down the street and his burn his Crocs. :naughty:

However, I have never found leather soled shows to be very supportive. I have 4-5 pair of Allen Edmonds and if you are sitting around a meeting table all day and using the elevator, I guess they are fine. But I like using the stairs when I can (2 up, 3 down rule) and I walk out on the street, God forbid, I may even have to run in them on occasion. These shoes are not so versatile. Pretty yes. All around wear, not so much.

I have found myself back wearing Rockports with inserts from companies like Superfeet because the "pretty" shoes end up hurting my feet and even giving me shin splints. I will also admit I am aware I am older and I have been hard on my feet over the last 50 or so years, so they are much less tolerant of shoes that are not forgiving and flexible.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed May 13, 2015 3:34 pm

^^^No matter how well made, you'll never find a pair of leather soled shoes that are as comfortable as ones with rubber soles. Before everyone went business casual, the joke was you could always tell a plainclothes cop by the rubber soled shoes.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Fri May 15, 2015 7:21 pm

if you happen to be considering allen edmunds and you have an amex card, check the "Amex Offers For You" tab in your account online. right now they have a spend $200 get a $50 amex credit offer going on (until 9/20).

DrWapenshaw

Post by DrWapenshaw » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:23 am

Update:
So far I have been getting by with NeilM shoeshttp://www.neilmshoes.com/. They are rubber soled but nice enough shoes and fit my new Spenco orthotics very well.
I also am testing out some other smaller orthotics that go inside my 12 year old leather soled shoes and they are working pretty well so I will probably get some AE's on my next shoe buying trip, but for now the NeilM's are comfortable and go well with the suits.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:14 pm

I just bought some redhead loafers for work and they are great with inserts and they were cheap

koda240
Hot Legs!
Name: David

Post by koda240 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Check out Di Bianco shoes.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Nice stuff David.
only accurate watches are interesting

DrWapenshaw

Post by DrWapenshaw » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Those are real nice too. Thanks

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:38 pm

koda240 wrote:Check out Di Bianco shoes.
Damn you guys are freaking whack paying $700 for those!!!!! :shrug: