Rossi boots, I dig them

Where did you get that man purse?
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Rossi boots, I dig them

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Here is the deal. Back in 2010 I think or 2009 I bought a pair of Blundstone's and the soles started to separate off of both pairs I bought so I got a refund from Zappos.

On top of that I saw they were made in Thailand and not Aussieland like I was lead to believe. Well someone directed me to Rossi boots which are still made in Australia and don’t' cost and arm and a leg.

I have worn my Rossi's in rotation with my Chippewa's in Iraq so that I didn't get feet rot with all the sweating in leather boots. Since I have got home I have used them to everything from grass cutting to wear them to the office. Well around a month ago they developed a squeak when I walk. This is annoying as hell. :crybaby:

So just on a whim I contacted the US branch of Rossi boots just to see if they suggest a fix for them. Well they told me it sounds like one of the air pockets in the sole had been punctured and it would be pretty much impossible to fix. And since the boots are so old they are out of warranty. Well out the blue the sales lady said she would give them to me at cost and I can pick any model I wanted. :cheers:

I picked an updated version with a more supportive sole; it is called the 900 Parkes. I got them in today and I super impressed by them. As soon as I put them on it felt like a glove, heck even the insoles they provided are pretty nice. But I took my orange Super feet and put them in and it is like walking on air. They are truly amazing for the price.

Now don't get wrong they aren't the prettiest boot but they are made to take a beating and keep looking wearable.

Stock pic for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CGSshorty
Admin

Re: Rossi boots, I dig them

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:16 pm

Those look just like my Blundstones.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:23 pm

CGSshorty wrote:Those look just like my Blundstones.
There is something like 4 or 5 Aussie boot companies who use the same style. But only a few still make them there. I found the Blundies wore narrow on my feet but since the sole started to come unglued from the sides I didn't have them to long.

Redbacks are suppose to be pretty good also.

mfxr
Name: MattF

Post by mfxr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:25 pm

I have a pair of Rossi 4040 boots. They are good for casual wear (super light sole).
rossi 4040.jpg

I wore the crap out of the ripple sole desert boots when I was a teenager also because they were tough and cheap.

They still do some manufacturing in Australia I think, but many models are made in asia also (the sad state of manufacturing to a price I guess)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:32 pm

^^^All Rossi boots are made in Australia in their Hilton factory.

That is the word on the street. I just wish we could get more Rossi boot style's in the US but Blundstone kind of has that market covered. So Rossi's are mainly sold in the US at Equestrian/Feed and ranch stores.

mfxr
Name: MattF

Post by mfxr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:49 pm

toxicavenger wrote:^^^All Rossi boots are made in Australia in their Hilton factory.
Shit you are right. Wrong assumption on my part.
In this case I am happy to be wrong. I like Rossi even more now :thumbsup: