Coolers

Where did you get that man purse?
braeburn
Name: Jeff

Re: Coolers

Post by braeburn » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:00 pm

I've replaced my ice with re-usable ice blocks this past fall. Four of them. Two in the yeti and two in the freezer.

Once everything is chilled, they last a long time and I don't worry about soggy sandwiches or chips.
Beaver? It's a damn badger - it even says so on the poster....
Gordo.

dukerules

Coolers

Post by dukerules » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:10 am

Finally broke down and got a Yeti 65. I looked at the competitors, and none were all that much cheaper (except for RTIC, and I didn't want to deal with their shipping issues), so I went with the obvious choice. This will get a lot of use, starting with a camping trip next weekend.

zepp21
Name: Alex

Post by zepp21 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:21 am

Nice score. I've almost broke down and ordered a tumbler and colster from them but I'm always about 2 beers shy of doing it.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:30 am

zepp21 wrote:Nice score. I've almost broke down and ordered a tumbler and colster from them but I'm always about 2 beers shy of doing it.
Yep, had to really force myself to not buy a Rambler while I picked this up at REI today :crybaby:

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:35 am

jimyritz wrote:Igloo has a higher end- Yukon series...

Maybe if you were transporting organs but I'd stick with the
Igloo--(marine series)... Then again I don't camp..

Those Yeti's and Bisons are nice, though...If you like it go for it..
Igloo marine series are hard to beat.
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:50 am

The Igloo Yukons weren't much cheaper than the comparable Yetis, although I did cross shop them (along with RTIC, Grizzly, Brute, Pelican, Engel, and a couple of others).

dshap
Favorite shirt size: Schmedium.
Name: David

Post by dshap » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:55 am

dukerules wrote:
zepp21 wrote:Nice score. I've almost broke down and ordered a tumbler and colster from them but I'm always about 2 beers shy of doing it.
Yep, had to really force myself to not buy a Rambler while I picked this up at REI today :crybaby:

I have a Klean Kantern and Hydroflask version (they're all the same) and you NEED one. Absolutely essential for enjoying a cold beer poolside.
-David

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:07 am

Captdave wrote:
jimyritz wrote:Igloo has a higher end- Yukon series...

Maybe if you were transporting organs but I'd stick with the
Igloo--(marine series)... Then again I don't camp..

Those Yeti's and Bisons are nice, though...If you like it go for it..
Igloo marine series are hard to beat.
Right, I have been using the marine series for years. My uncle's had a charter boat business (before Katrina) and they swore by the Igloo Marine series for years and they still do.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:38 am

I bought two 20 oz. tumblers from RTIC. I've never had a YETI to compare them to, but I can't imagine they could work much better, even at twice the price.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:52 am

What is wrong with RTIC coolers? A few comments about delivery. I was thinking of getting one...reason for question.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:01 am

andrema wrote:What is wrong with RTIC coolers? A few comments about delivery. I was thinking of getting one...reason for question.
Apparently they can't keep up with demand and delivery can take a while. My tumblers took about three weeks to arrive.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:37 am

CGSshorty wrote:
andrema wrote:What is wrong with RTIC coolers? A few comments about delivery. I was thinking of getting one...reason for question.
Apparently they can't keep up with demand and delivery can take a while. My tumblers took about three weeks to arrive.
Right, I think some cooler delivers were almost out 6 months.

TLgdeL
Name: Gee Deez

Post by TLgdeL » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:52 am

dukerules wrote:
How did it hold up? I'm about to pull the trigger on the 105.

Sidenote, I've had the 30oz rambler since last fall and have used it daily. It's performance is what is selling me on the cooler
Image Image

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:06 am

TLgdeL wrote:
dukerules wrote:
How did it hold up? I'm about to pull the trigger on the 105.

Sidenote, I've had the 30oz rambler since last fall and have used it daily. It's performance is what is selling me on the cooler
Gerry, haven't used it yet, but it's going to get the call for the first time today.

The 105 is an absolute beast! And yes, I see a Rambler in my hand soon.

ElChingon7
Official DWC Boot Whore
Name: Glæn

Post by ElChingon7 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:16 am

How about a group buy on a custom DWC Rambler :cheers: :excited:

http://customyetiramblers.blogspot.com/
WTF

smalls
Name: Matt

Post by smalls » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Well after talking about it for a year I finally broke down and bought a Yeti 45. I read countless reviews and watched a lot of YouTube on all the different brands out there but just kept coming back to the Yeti for the quality control and the fact that I could take it back to the local sports store if I had some buyers remorse. Plan on putting it through it's paces at the beach for the 4th.

Also bought an AO soft sided cooler to try out when I go to my buddies to bbq. Should be here next week and I'll take some pics and give my thoughts.

Last edited by smalls on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:48 pm

smalls wrote:Well after talking about it for a year I finally broke down and bought a Yeti 45. I read countless reviews and watched a lot of YouTube on all the different brands out there but just kept coming back to the Yeti for the quality control and the fact that I could take it back to the local sports store if I had some buyers remorse. Plan on putting it through it's paces at the beach for the 4th.

Well done!

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:22 am

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:59 pm

26 quart Crimson is what's left
The Hapa

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:10 pm

Necrothread revival. I've convinced myself that I need one of the soft sided Yeti Hoppers. Any first hand experience with them? I've been using a ~30 year old Coleman for the beach, etc. and I'm about due for an upgrade. Looking for something light-ish and highly portable with a strap.
- Todd

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:10 pm
Necrothread revival. I've convinced myself that I need one of the soft sided Yeti Hoppers. Any first hand experience with them? I've been using a ~30 year old Coleman for the beach, etc. and I'm about due for an upgrade. Looking for something light-ish and highly portable with a strap.
These seem like they'll do the trick fine: https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/cooler ... ak-30-Grey or this http://www.grizzlycoolers.com/grizzly-drifter-20

Honestly, I bought a Grizzly rotoform cooler and while nice, it's way over-kill for my needs. I imagine the Yeti softpaks are the same...nice, but you can probably get by just as well with many of the cheaper variants. If I did it again, I think I'd try the RTIC. My RTIC tumbler has been great and looks identical to a Yeti.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Old school...still works great!!

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:29 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:16 pm
Chocodove wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:10 pm
These seem like they'll do the trick fine: https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/cooler ... ak-30-Grey or this http://www.grizzlycoolers.com/grizzly-drifter-20

Honestly, I bought a Grizzly rotoform cooler and while nice, it's way over-kill for my needs. I imagine the Yeti softpaks are the same...nice, but you can probably get by just as well with many of the cheaper variants. If I did it again, I think I'd try the RTIC. My RTIC tumbler has been great and looks identical to a Yeti.
Thanks, both look like great options. That RITC in particular looks identical to the Hopper for less than half the price. I'll have to do some more research into those. Amazing that there are "homage" coolers out there apparently.
- Todd

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Hard to beat for the price, and is more than sufficient for a day at the beach. Use the extra funds for what goes inside it.Image

gamecock111
Name: Doug

Post by gamecock111 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 am

We have the generation 1 hopper. It is very well built and doesn't leak. Like all yetis, loaded up it can be a pain to carry. They now have 2 sizes of hoppers and the redesigned the zipper for easier loading. Those are 2 nice improvements

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk