Coolers

Where did you get that man purse?
User avatar
kfalk
Old Chub
Posts: 10963
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 am
Name: Kelly

Re: Coolers

Post by kfalk » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:28 pm

^ lol

I remember buying my Dad some Brut for Christmas as a kid.
Image

User avatar
BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Posts: 19105
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: Coolers

Post by BSears » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:31 pm

I was reminded of that Eddie Murphy live routine. I think it was "Raw." All I remember it was recorded on one side of a cassette tape and I wasn't supposed to hear it. But I did. Many times. :fro:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Image

RIP Rocky (8/15/05-11/25/16)

User avatar
kfalk
Old Chub
Posts: 10963
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 am
Name: Kelly

Re: Coolers

Post by kfalk » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Raw is classic - wish he still did stand-up.
Image

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 6384
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Re: Coolers

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:27 pm

I remember watching Raw on HBO when I was a kid. Hilarious.
The Hapa

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 39289
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Coolers

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:40 pm

BSears wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:Just bought a 30 quart Igloo cooler at Academy Sports for $20 for our Pensacola Beach trip. My old Igloo had always worked for me at the beach, but I needed more beer capacity.

Beer capacity is king. Nothing worse than running out of beer at the beach, and then having to find your sandals covered in sand and run your half-drunk ass back to the room for more beer. That's :bs:

Pensacola, huh? Not that far from where we were just a week ago. :salute: Have a good one and hit me up when you get back. We need to track down Mark, too, and get a mini river city GTG going. ;)
My dad has a place we stayed in at Navarre beach in between bayside and oceanside. It was a good time but the food was just to greasy everywhere we went. If you want great seafood though go to http://www.joepattis.com/ and picked some out. There is a decent place to eat around the corner called Captain Joey Patti’s Seafood Restaurant.

User avatar
BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Posts: 19105
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: Coolers

Post by BSears » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:27 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
BSears wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:Just bought a 30 quart Igloo cooler at Academy Sports for $20 for our Pensacola Beach trip. My old Igloo had always worked for me at the beach, but I needed more beer capacity.

Beer capacity is king. Nothing worse than running out of beer at the beach, and then having to find your sandals covered in sand and run your half-drunk ass back to the room for more beer. That's :bs:

Pensacola, huh? Not that far from where we were just a week ago. :salute: Have a good one and hit me up when you get back. We need to track down Mark, too, and get a mini river city GTG going. ;)
My dad has a place we stayed in at Navarre beach in between bayside and oceanside. It was a good time but the food was just to greasy everywhere we went. If you want great seafood though go to http://www.joepattis.com/ and picked some out. There is a decent place to eat around the corner called Captain Joey Patti’s Seafood Restaurant.
Terry, if you're talking anywhere near Gulf Shores, AL, that is completely correct. My wife just mentioned last night how all the food we ate wasn't "all that" despite being on the coast. The best oysters we had were at Wintzell's as was the food generally. But the Shrimp Basket on 59 was pretty damn good for a quick spot. Wish we had gone back there after the first day. The Original Oyster House was not good at all. It's bad when the best part of your meal is the appetizers. :raised:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Image

RIP Rocky (8/15/05-11/25/16)

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 39289
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Coolers

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:36 pm

BSears wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BSears wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:Just bought a 30 quart Igloo cooler at Academy Sports for $20 for our Pensacola Beach trip. My old Igloo had always worked for me at the beach, but I needed more beer capacity.

Beer capacity is king. Nothing worse than running out of beer at the beach, and then having to find your sandals covered in sand and run your half-drunk ass back to the room for more beer. That's :bs:

Pensacola, huh? Not that far from where we were just a week ago. :salute: Have a good one and hit me up when you get back. We need to track down Mark, too, and get a mini river city GTG going. ;)
My dad has a place we stayed in at Navarre beach in between bayside and oceanside. It was a good time but the food was just to greasy everywhere we went. If you want great seafood though go to http://www.joepattis.com/ and picked some out. There is a decent place to eat around the corner called Captain Joey Patti’s Seafood Restaurant.
Terry, if you're talking anywhere near Gulf Shores, AL, that is completely correct. My wife just mentioned last night how all the food we ate wasn't "all that" despite being on the coast. The best oysters we had were at Wintzell's as was the food generally. But the Shrimp Basket on 59 was pretty damn good for a quick spot. Wish we had gone back there after the first day. The Original Oyster House was not good at all. It's bad when the best part of your meal is the appetizers. :raised:
Yeah south of Pensacola area but we had to detox when we got back home since everything in the world there was deep fried. Oh and the water taste like shit in that area also. :crybaby:

User avatar
BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Posts: 19105
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: Coolers

Post by BSears » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:43 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
BSears wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BSears wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:Just bought a 30 quart Igloo cooler at Academy Sports for $20 for our Pensacola Beach trip. My old Igloo had always worked for me at the beach, but I needed more beer capacity.

Beer capacity is king. Nothing worse than running out of beer at the beach, and then having to find your sandals covered in sand and run your half-drunk ass back to the room for more beer. That's :bs:

Pensacola, huh? Not that far from where we were just a week ago. :salute: Have a good one and hit me up when you get back. We need to track down Mark, too, and get a mini river city GTG going. ;)
My dad has a place we stayed in at Navarre beach in between bayside and oceanside. It was a good time but the food was just to greasy everywhere we went. If you want great seafood though go to http://www.joepattis.com/ and picked some out. There is a decent place to eat around the corner called Captain Joey Patti’s Seafood Restaurant.
Terry, if you're talking anywhere near Gulf Shores, AL, that is completely correct. My wife just mentioned last night how all the food we ate wasn't "all that" despite being on the coast. The best oysters we had were at Wintzell's as was the food generally. But the Shrimp Basket on 59 was pretty damn good for a quick spot. Wish we had gone back there after the first day. The Original Oyster House was not good at all. It's bad when the best part of your meal is the appetizers. :raised:
Yeah south of Pensacola area but we had to detox when we got back home since everything in the world there was deep fried. Oh and the water taste like shit in that area also. :crybaby:

We took a flat of bottled water. ;)
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Image

RIP Rocky (8/15/05-11/25/16)

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 13339
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Coolers

Post by dukerules » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:52 am

zepp21 wrote:I'll be buying a Brute (I forget their old name) soon.
Interested to hear your thoughts, Alex. I need to make up my mind soon, because as soon as it drops below the mid-90s here in the daytime, camping season begins.

User avatar
Nomadz
Posts: 5673
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:37 pm
Name: Nick
Location: WA (Wet and Dry)

Re: Coolers

Post by Nomadz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:00 am

Just bought a 50CL ARB fridge freezer cooler for my truck and a Goal Zero Yeti 400 Solar power unit top run it. It will live in my Tundra. not cheap but awesome.

Image
Image
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

User avatar
Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Posts: 5760
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:06 am
Name: Peter
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Coolers

Post by Terpits » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:04 am

Check that out Nick! Wow, the fridge freezer cooler is unbelievable, and looks so amazing
in that picture of your's. Boy oh boy, it's beautiful !!! Even the case-front is off
the charts, and has an extremely detailed display. ..You have to be really
enjoying this one this Summer.

Glad you got it Nick. Big congratulations to you !
:rimshot:

User avatar
4pfrench
Posts: 4957
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:28 am
Name: Paul
Location: DFW

Re: Coolers

Post by 4pfrench » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:08 am

AT has taken over Petre's acct.
_____________________
paul

User avatar
Nomadz
Posts: 5673
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:37 pm
Name: Nick
Location: WA (Wet and Dry)

Re: Coolers

Post by Nomadz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:57 pm

4pfrench wrote:AT has taken over Petre's acct.

Laughs no shit caught that too !!!!
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 13339
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Coolers

Post by dukerules » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:00 pm

Necrothread, I know.
Does anyone have any experience with RTIC gear? New kid on the block, and they've basically ripped off Yeti's designs, but they are much cheaper...

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: Coolers

Post by jtbenson » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:40 pm

hey rahul, over christmas i was excited to see yeti now offers tarheel blue as a color...

User avatar
moishlashen
Posts: 16255
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:28 am
Name: Leu Sanis
Location: Somewheres paddlin' it.

Re: Coolers

Post by moishlashen » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:40 pm

Image
Image

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 39289
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Coolers

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:49 pm

Igloo Sportsman

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 39289
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Coolers

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:55 pm

dukerules wrote:Necrothread, I know.
Does anyone have any experience with RTIC gear? New kid on the block, and they've basically ripped off Yeti's designs, but they are much cheaper...
seems like they are having issues shipping products out http://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-ch ... olers.html

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 29110
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Coolers

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:02 pm

dukerules wrote:Necrothread, I know.
Does anyone have any experience with RTIC gear? New kid on the block, and they've basically ripped off Yeti's designs, but they are much cheaper...
I almost bought a tumbler, but they don't make a 20 oz. yet.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 13339
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Coolers

Post by dukerules » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:18 pm

jtbenson wrote:hey rahul, over christmas i was excited to see yeti now offers tarheel blue as a color...
:raised:

User avatar
Captdave
Posts: 2005
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm
Name: Dave
Location: To be determined

Re: Coolers

Post by Captdave » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:50 pm

Igloo marine coolers have always worked great for me. Designed to be used on board boats and for fishing they do are constructed well and hold temp very well for long periods of time.
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

User avatar
cdnwatchguy
Posts: 6249
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:56 am
Name: Keith
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb

Re: Coolers

Post by cdnwatchguy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:52 pm

hoppyjr wrote:Camping? That's when you don't have turn-down service, right?

:thumbsup:
cheers,

Keith

justsellbrgs
Posts: 4212
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 pm
Name: John
Location: CLE

Re: Coolers

Post by justsellbrgs » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:27 am

cdnwatchguy wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:Camping? That's when you don't have turn-down service, right?

:thumbsup:
...and a great day to stumble on this thread..... keeping things cold is priority here in Ohio today..... it's -3F so I guess I''ll just put everything in the front yard for a few minutes.
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

User avatar
YOHOHO
Dirty Closet Hinderer Whore
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:14 pm
Name: Josh
Location: SoCal

Re: Coolers

Post by YOHOHO » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:36 am

I have been seeing Kysek coolers at my local Costco Business. They had a Kysek 35 for 244.99...appears to be sized like Yeti 50.

I also came across Taiga recently. They look interesting, but there is not much data on them. US Made and Veteran owned... http://www.taigacoolers.com They offer some customizing options.

I've been looking around but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet...analysis to paralysis...
Image

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 13339
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Coolers

Post by dukerules » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:16 am


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests