Coolers

Where did you get that man purse?
ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Re: Coolers

Post by ericf4 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:44 am

I never new cooler technology was any better than a standard one from 10 yrs back.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Post by goaliechris » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:58 am

ericf4 wrote:I never new cooler technology was any better than a standard one from 10 yrs back.
Yeah, it's not rocket surgery. Thick walls, tight seals.

Yetis are heavy, extremely well-built, made in the good 'ol USA coolers. Their market was the camper/hunter who would be out for long periods of time and they built up a good reputation. As it normally happens, like all the tactical gear out there, the brand has moved to others like me who will most likely just set it out on their deck and tell their neighbors, "Look - this ice has been here for a week!"

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:02 am

Can it really keep cool that long?
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:09 am

ericf4 wrote:Can it really keep cool that long?
Damn near it honestly.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:14 am

Joeprez wrote:The marine series igloos (all white) are good enough for the sun of the caribbean.
This is the winning answer. For the prices these cant be beat. My Uncle used this on his charter boats in Louisiana for years and turned me onto them.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:32 am

CesarG wrote:I really don't see how you guys can "camp" with a Walmart ice cooler. That's just too BSears and Seth (even though Seth is trying to back off a bit by being in Florida)
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

zepp21
Name: Alex

Post by zepp21 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:08 pm

goaliechris wrote:
ericf4 wrote:I never new cooler technology was any better than a standard one from 10 yrs back.
Yeah, it's not rocket surgery. Thick walls, tight seals.

Yetis are heavy, extremely well-built, made in the good 'ol USA coolers. Their market was the camper/hunter who would be out for long periods of time and they built up a good reputation. As it normally happens, like all the tactical gear out there, the brand has moved to others like me who will most likely just set it out on their deck and tell their neighbors, "Look - this ice has been here for a week!"
Yeti's are made in the Philippines as well as two facilities in the US. Depending on model and such, I don't know exactly what is made in the USA.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:27 pm

toxicavenger wrote:hands down the best and og
I can attest to the fact that these are fun to fill with water and hit with a Lincoln Navigator. I'm betting the video of me doing this is on YouTube.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Torrid wrote:
I can attest to the fact that these are fun to fill with water and hit with a Lincoln Navigator. I'm betting the video of me doing this is on YouTube.
Didn't find anything like that. Post it if you find it.
I've got 10 years on you. All my stupid stuff predates utube and cellphone cameras. Thank god.
The Hapa

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:49 pm

i used to think yeti's were overpriced, but after co-using ian's on a few trips, i'm sold.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:01 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Torrid wrote:
Didn't find anything like that. Post it if you find it.
I've got 10 years on you. All my stupid stuff predates utube and cellphone cameras. Thank god.
I couldn't find it either. Maybe it never got posted, but the person who ended up filming said it would get uploaded someday. This was about 6 years ago.

Seth
Guy who shoots guns

Post by Seth » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:14 pm

When we were in California, I went to the desert every weekend to go rock crawling. At the time, I had access to some fair fancy toys including an ARB fridge. This is a cooler that will keep ice frozen in 100* weather. It's the best thing since sliced bread if you can part with $800 and have a cigarette lighter.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Seth wrote:When we were in California, I went to the desert every weekend to go rock crawling. At the time, I had access to some fair fancy toys including an ARB fridge. This is a cooler that will keep ice frozen in 100* weather. It's the best thing since sliced bread if you can part with $800 and have a cigarette lighter.
Our first Saab had a Fire?ice cooler that you plugged into the rear cigarette lighter. It would either keep you stuff cold or you could to change it to heat your food. It was pretty sweet but when I sold the car I sold the Gary Fisher mountain bike and the cooler it came with since it was a limited edition Gary Fisher Saab. :banghead:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:21 am

I think all of these designer coolers are very trendy and actually work very well. The problem is, I don't want to have to worry about my cooler getting jacked every time I turn my head. Yeti's are like a damn iPhone. You set one down for a minute and some asshole steals it. I'll stick with an ordinary run of the mill Igloo or Coleman. It's kind of low brow amongst all of the designer cooler crowd, but fuck it.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:48 am

I'm as into quality products as anyone, probably more than most. It's a cooler. You buy them in the supermarket.

Seth
Guy who shoots guns

Post by Seth » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:09 am

Until you own a fridge in the desert. Then you're a genius for having ice cream when it's 105.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:13 am

jtbenson wrote:i used to think yeti's were overpriced, but after co-using ian's on a few trips, i'm sold.
:htfu:

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:14 am

And I never knew high-end coolers existed. I bought mine at Home Depot and haven't had reason to buy another yet.
:htfu:

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:40 am

DMB wrote:I think all of these designer coolers are very trendy and actually work very well. The problem is, I don't want to have to worry about my cooler getting jacked every time I turn my head. Yeti's are like a damn iPhone. You set one down for a minute and some asshole steals it. I'll stick with an ordinary run of the mill Igloo or Coleman. It's kind of low brow amongst all of the designer cooler crowd, but fuck it.

True - when on the beach, picnicking or camping - the last thing I want to worry about is someone wanting to take my cooler.

mechnut
Name: Roger

Post by mechnut » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:19 pm

Yes, stupid expensive for what it is... Having said that, I bought a Pelican Pro Seies cooler: made in USA, better hinges, and better handles. What can I say? I like well engineered, solid, overbuilt stuff.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:28 pm

You guys are killing me. I'm currently shopping for a high-end cooler :scratch:

smalls
Name: Matt

Post by smalls » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:38 pm

dukerules wrote:You guys are killing me. I'm currently shopping for a high-end cooler :scratch:

zepp21
Name: Alex

Post by zepp21 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:40 pm

dukerules wrote:You guys are killing me. I'm currently shopping for a high-end cooler :scratch:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425249612.452879.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:32 pm

CesarG wrote:I really don't see how you guys can "camp" with a Walmart ice cooler. That's just too BSears and Seth (even though Seth is trying to back off a bit by being in Florida)

:tap: Hey mister, I've only ever purchased one sytrofoam cooler in my life and that was to transport deer meat back to Pikeville from Ledbetter. Ok, so that sounded even more redneck that I had originally thought. But still. I've got a few Coleman and Igloo coolers 'round here somewhere. Suck my balls. :bird:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:47 pm

I've got two big Yeti's and love them. They're primarily used for "adventure" camping with the family up here in the PNW & Canada and they've always worked great.

Pelican makes some and we have those at work and they work just fine.