Denim

Where did you get that man purse?
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Re: Denim

Post by 59yukon01 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Just don't get the jeans you can't wash thing, but to each their own. Don't go near black lights.;)

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:41 pm

jswing wrote:
JBZ wrote:If you want the contrast fading that Cesar has, you can't wash them very often. That's why the dry cleaning suggestion. I agree that not cleaning your jeans regularly is pretty gross.

Also, all jeans used to come with raw denim and were shrink to fit.
I'm old enough to remember that. And I remember those stiff, dark 501s and wondering how long it'd take for them to fade. What I don't remember is anyone, ever, suggesting to not wash them. In fact, it was the opposite. I wanted them washed as often as possible to break them in. I guess that wasn't hip.
That's my point! I want to wash them so they break in as they're very stiff... just found interesting the "dry cleaning" instructions... never seen that on a pair of jeans.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:37 pm

:cheers:
jswing wrote:
JBZ wrote:If you want the contrast fading that Cesar has, you can't wash them very often. That's why the dry cleaning suggestion. I agree that not cleaning your jeans regularly is pretty gross.

I'm old enough to remember that. And I remember those stiff, dark 501s and wondering how long it'd take for them to fade. What I don't remember is anyone, ever, suggesting to not wash them. In fact, it was the opposite. I wanted them washed as often as possible to break them in. I guess that wasn't hip.
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:51 pm

toxicavenger wrote:I wear my jeans until they have a nut sack imprint in them
So....you take a sack of walnuts and wear them in your pants?

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:53 am

jswing wrote:

No one ever did, I imagine. There was a raw denim revival that started about ten or fifteen years ago (Nudie jeans out of Sweden was kind of at the forefront). Then you had the denim fanboys posting pictures of their fades on places like Styleforum, along with some interesting advice on how to "clean" them without washing them (soak in water, put in the freezer, use Fabreeze, etc.). I appreciate the quality of some of the denim, but I just couldn't get into the idea that there were "rules" for taking care of jeans, of all things. Plus, like I said, gross.

Apparently, the Levis flagshop used to have a warm water pool you could sit in after purchasing your jeans to shrink them down to size. You can still get basic STF Levis 501s for about $40. The stuff Cesar was talking about above (the vintage collection) will run you a lot more, as will most high end raw denim.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club

Post by jswing » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Well, I snuck out to the mall, with the intention of trying on a pair of 501s so I knew which size to order, and it turned out I didn't really like the way they fit. Ended up getting two other pairs. First a pair of jcrew 770s. Japanese Kaihara fabric, but washed, not raw. Still, I was somewhat intrigued by the idea of the raw denim, so I also ordered a pair of GAP raw selvedge straight fits, with every intention of washing them. Will see how that goes.

I won't be visiting the Luxury & Lifestyle Forum any more, it's too expensive. :lol:

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:12 pm

jswing wrote:Well, I snuck out to the mall, with the intention of trying on a pair of 501s so I knew which size to order, and it turned out I didn't really like the way they fit. Ended up getting two other pairs. First a pair of jcrew 770s. Japanese Kaihara fabric, but washed, not raw. Still, I was somewhat intrigued by the idea of the raw denim, so I also ordered a pair of GAP raw selvedge straight fits, with every intention of washing them. Will see how that goes.

I won't be visiting the Luxury & Lifestyle Forum any more, it's too expensive. :lol:
Hopefully they're not purple!
:htfu:

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:40 pm

matt.wu wrote:
jswing wrote:Well, I snuck out to the mall, with the intention of trying on a pair of 501s so I knew which size to order, and it turned out I didn't really like the way they fit. Ended up getting two other pairs. First a pair of jcrew 770s. Japanese Kaihara fabric, but washed, not raw. Still, I was somewhat intrigued by the idea of the raw denim, so I also ordered a pair of GAP raw selvedge straight fits, with every intention of washing them. Will see how that goes.

Hardly. While I admit they're a little more "contemporary" than I typically wear, because my wife and the sales girl were encouraging me not to go with the old man jeans, I'd never wear purple. I went with green and pink.
Last edited by jswing on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:41 pm

jswing wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Hardly. While I admit they're a little more "contemporary" than I typically wear, because my wife and the sales girl where encouraging me not to go with the old man jeans, I'd never wear purple. I went with green and pink.
I hope that pink bleeds into your skin so you look like a pink pig at the shore this summer :mrgreen:

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:46 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
jswing wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Hardly. While I admit they're a little more "contemporary" than I typically wear, because my wife and the sales girl where encouraging me not to go with the old man jeans, I'd never wear purple. I went with green and pink.
I hope that pink bleeds into your skin so you look like a pink pig at the shore this summer :mrgreen:
My skin's basically pink anyway. :shrug:

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:52 pm

jswing wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
jswing wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

So you'll look naked :bootyshake:

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Joeprez wrote:
jswing wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
jswing wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

he's color blind but his wife will probably ban him from the beach :banplz:

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:09 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Joeprez wrote:
jswing wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
jswing wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

he's color blind but his wife will probably ban him from the beach :banplz:
My wife makes me go to the beach. :crybaby:

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:13 pm

Joeprez wrote:
jswing wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
jswing wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

That'd clear the beach. :lol:

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:47 am

Picked up a pair of Lee 101S jeans which are based off of the 1941 101 Slim Rider. Pretty good pair of jeans for the price and some interesting features.

Japanese 13-3/4oz left hand twill denim
Single line blue selvedge
4 button fly
Spade rear pockets
Leather patch

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:56 am

Picked this up to wear on casual Friday.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:52 pm

I've been bitten by the bug. I just got all these back from being hemmed. To think that I thought expensive denim was stupid a year ago.Image

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:12 pm

Nice. I had forgotten about this thread. I just picked up a pair of Flathead F310’s the other day and am dealing with the break in period.

Here’s one of my current pairs. Studio D’Artisan 14.5oz LHT at probably about 14 months or so.

- Todd

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:17 pm

Those knees are broken in really well.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:18 pm

CGSshorty wrote:Those knees are broken in really well.
:lol:
- Todd

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:21 pm

I forgot about this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:29 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:17 pm
Soon to be promoted!

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:10 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:17 pm
so is the ass :roll:

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:12 pm
Nice. I had forgotten about this thread. I just picked up a pair of Flathead F310’s the other day and am dealing with the break in period.

Here’s one of my current pairs. Studio D’Artisan 14.5oz LHT at probably about 14 months or so.

That's a great fade.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:47 am

jswing wrote:I'm not sure how I stumbled across this thread, but I did, and I learned something new today. I had no idea that raw denim jeans even existed, or that people went to such great lengths to get the fit, color, fading, etc that they want. Wow. I'm kind of impressed, and at the same time kind of think it's a little nuts. But whatever makes you happy, it's no stranger than a watch obsession. Those jeans Cesar just posted do look awesome, I'm just not that committed. I may buy a pair of selvedge 501s though, but if I do I'm going to wash them. And I'm not sitting in a tub for 2 hours while they mold to my body. But damn, this is fascinating!
No shit. Honeycomb, whiskers etc. Who knew there were terms for jeans fading. Looks cool but I could never go thru that shit for pants. Again no weirder than watches I guess.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer