Denim

Where did you get that man purse?
fastward
Fast Eddie

Re: Denim

Post by fastward » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:34 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
fastward wrote:This is what I am wearing mostly. Two pairs of RGT and a pair of PBJ.
ImageI’ll break out the lighter weight Tellasons and Shockoes when the weather warms up.
However, I have a few pairs of Levi’s 513 for traveling, the stretch is nice.
Is that a lipstick pocket?
Its a pen pocket, but you could always put your fire engine red lipstick in there, I assume.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:36 pm

So you don't wash after wearing or do? I hate wearing jeans more than 2x as they get baggy feeling unless they get washed. Raw denim diff?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:37 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
fastward wrote:This is what I am wearing mostly. Two pairs of RGT and a pair of PBJ.
ImageI’ll break out the lighter weight Tellasons and Shockoes when the weather warms up.
Looks like a nice jackknife pocket
The Hapa

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:49 pm

ericf4 wrote:So you don't wash after wearing or do? I hate wearing jeans more than 2x as they get baggy feeling unless they get washed. Raw denim diff?

I am in the wash them when they are dirty camp. You won’t get as dramatic fades, but they will still fade and you will have clean pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:50 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Looks like a nice jackknife pocket
A knife would definitely fit. I usually skip it because TSA isn’t a fan.

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:53 pm

fastward wrote:
ericf4 wrote:So you don't wash after wearing or do? I hate wearing jeans more than 2x as they get baggy feeling unless they get washed. Raw denim diff?

I am in the wash them when they are dirty camp. You won’t get as dramatic fades, but they will still fade and you will have clean pants.

However, I would suggest skipping the spin cycle and the dryer.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Reporting back to this thread, I did end up going down the rabbit hole.. I can't wear mall jeans any more.. On the other hand, I'm content with entry level selvedge. I have yet to spend more than $120 on any one pair. I bought a few pairs from Taylor Stitch recently, made in the US from US denim from Cone Mills since the mill shut down and we won't be able to get US denim soon. After that I guess it'll be Japanese only.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Uniqlo has good jeans at that price.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:09 pm

My leg build is not very denim friendly. I need a bit more stretch.
:htfu:

jswing

Post by jswing » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:17 pm

matt.wu wrote:My leg build is not very denim friendly. I need a bit more stretch.
They're not all skinny jeans. I can't (or won't) wear them. The ones I just got from Taylor Stitch have room in the legs without being dad jeans. Or maybe they are dad jeans and I'm just too old to realize it. They're made right in San Francisco, you could go try them at their store.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:18 pm

I have no problem with Dad jeans. Who am I trying to impress anymore. Hell, I'm in shorts and a sweatshirt 90% of the time. :)
:htfu:

jswing

Post by jswing » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:20 pm

matt.wu wrote:I have no problem with Dad jeans. Who am I trying to impress anymore. Hell, I'm in shorts and a sweatshirt 90% of the time. :)
Yeah, me too. Shorts or sweats. Denim is dressed up for me.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:21 pm

jswing wrote: Or maybe they are dad jeans and I'm just too old to realize it. They're made right in San Francisco.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:24 pm

aikiman44 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:05 pm
Uniqlo has good jeans at that price.
They make nice t-shirts, too.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:26 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:18 pm
I have no problem with Dad jeans. Who am I trying to impress anymore. Hell, I'm in shorts and a sweatshirt 90% of the time. :)
I hear you, but you wouldn't want your wife to wear "mom" jeans, would you? :think:

jswing

Post by jswing » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:28 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
jswing wrote: Or maybe they are dad jeans and I'm just too old to realize it. They're made right in San Francisco.

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:29 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:09 pm
Don’t give up on life with the dad jeans just yet.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:53 pm

fastward wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:29 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:09 pm
Don’t give up on life with the dad jeans just yet.
This. I am relatively thin at 35 yrs old and rock out slim fit jeans now that I was turned on to selvedge. I just donated a bunch of my old baggy Levis jeans. I never received a compliment in cheap dept store denim, but I get them semi-regularly in my fancy selvedge, so they must look better. I've had good luck buying a lot of denim of eBay. As has been said, fit is often difficult to determine online, so there are a ton of people who sell new or worn once denim on eBay for 50-75% off.

I think N&F is a good place to start for semi-affordable denim, but it is best to try them on in person. They have a ton of fits and are manufactured in Canada with Japansese denim. They've got a lot of less traditional denim like twisted denim (rainbow colored weave on the underside of the denim), reflective denim, and various cool colors. They also make selvedge chinos, which are on my list of things to try. I equate Canadian manufacturing to US manufacturing, so I am happy to give my money to our northern neighbors as opposed to the Chinese manufacturers. Other made in US/Canada brands not previously mentioned are Bravestar, Gustin, Williamsburg Garment Co, Rag and Bone, and United Stock Drygoods.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:07 pm

I just searched and all I see is straight fit or skinny fit. I guess I’m out.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:23 pm

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:12 pm

hoppyjr wrote:501
Been my go to since college.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:29 am

There are 501s. And there are LVC 501s.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:27 am

I can’t believe I’ve made another post in this thread that actually has anything to do with raw/rigid denim. I decided to buy Roundhouse jeans since I wanted something heavier than 12oz Levi’s which seem to tear on me in a few months and it was also a huge plus that they’re made in America. I got one pair of their 147 rigids and I would have bought more but they only had one pair in my size so I bought a few pairs of the standard 1903s. The 147s aren’t expensive. They’re raw unwashed but not selvage stitch.

I was wearing the 147s for good and then actually decided to read a bit about raw denim care after hearing about “sick fadez”. Looks like I just need to wear them, so I’ve been wearing them this week for work. I’m finally seeing some real noticeable fading in the knees/leg area and have only had them 3 months. I know these aren’t expensive jeans but these could be a great option for those who want raw denim for an affordable price. I’ll likely be giving them a wash this weekend and I may get some pictures of them.

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Post by gonzomantis » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Just got my shipment from Diamond Gusset. The last pair lasted for many years. Great pricing for made in USA jeans.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Torrid wrote:I can’t believe I’ve made another post in this thread that actually has anything to do with raw/rigid denim. I decided to buy Roundhouse jeans since I wanted something heavier than 12oz Levi’s which seem to tear on me in a few months and it was also a huge plus that they’re made in America. I got one pair of their 147 rigids and I would have bought more but they only had one pair in my size so I bought a few pairs of the standard 1903s. The 147s aren’t expensive. They’re raw unwashed but not selvage stitch.

I was wearing the 147s for good and then actually decided to read a bit about raw denim care after hearing about “sick fadez”. Looks like I just need to wear them, so I’ve been wearing them this week for work. I’m finally seeing some real noticeable fading in the knees/leg area and have only had them 3 months. I know these aren’t expensive jeans but these could be a great option for those who want raw denim for an affordable price. I’ll likely be giving them a wash this weekend and I may get some pictures of them.
If you want heavy weight jeans for work try Carhartt flame resistant. They aren't spiffy selvage, but thin they are not.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064 ... UTF8&psc=1
The Hapa