Denim

Where did you get that man purse?
BlueSky
Name: David

Re: Denim

Post by BlueSky » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:57 am

gonzomantis wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:40 pm
Just got my shipment from Diamond Gusset. The last pair lasted for many years. Great pricing for made in USA jeans.
New to me. Looks good. Have you tried this one?

https://www.gusset.com/jeans/mens/lynch ... retch-jean

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Post by gonzomantis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:11 am

BlueSky wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:57 am
gonzomantis wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:40 pm
Just got my shipment from Diamond Gusset. The last pair lasted for many years. Great pricing for made in USA jeans.
New to me. Looks good. Have you tried this one?

https://www.gusset.com/jeans/mens/lynch ... retch-jean
Nope. Haven't tried those. I get grief for jeans that look like painters pants, so I stick with regular, or relaxed fit styles. I might try one of the Backstage cuts next.

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks Mike. Been wearing 505s forever and I think I'll send an e-mail to see if they have something close fit wise.

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:14 am

Flint and Tinder has some good offerings. For work, I reach for my Travelers from Banana Republic.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:20 pm

JDC222 wrote:Birthplace of denim....

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37523552
Very interesting. I had no idea it all started in France.
- Todd

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:34 am

I now have a ridiculous amount of jeans but Levi has a great sale on their website on 511 selvedge jeans so I ordered two pair. I combined that with 20% off from joining their mailing list and got each pair for $61 each. They’re the first pair of selvedge stitch jeans I’ve ever bought. I’ve never had slimmer fit jeans but all my jeans are really baggy in the legs so they should fit me well.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Torrid wrote:I now have a ridiculous amount of jeans but Levi has a great sale on their website on 511 selvedge jeans so I ordered two pair. I combined that with 20% off from joining their mailing list and got each pair for $61 each. They’re the first pair of selvedge stitch jeans I’ve ever bought. I’ve never had slimmer fit jeans but all my jeans are really baggy in the legs so they should fit me well.
I wish I'd seen that, the sale is over now and they're back up to $148. 511 is a nice cut, not skinny but not dad jeans.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

1954Selmer
Name: RC

Post by 1954Selmer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:05 pm

I was born with "bird legs", so it doesn't matter what brand. For years, I have fully tailored my jeans, slacks, and dress shirts. I can make a pair of Faded Glory jeans sexy...

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Making me moist over here... Tweet tweet. Lol

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:27 am

jswing wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:35 pm
Torrid wrote:I now have a ridiculous amount of jeans but Levi has a great sale on their website on 511 selvedge jeans so I ordered two pair. I combined that with 20% off from joining their mailing list and got each pair for $61 each. They’re the first pair of selvedge stitch jeans I’ve ever bought. I’ve never had slimmer fit jeans but all my jeans are really baggy in the legs so they should fit me well.
I wish I'd seen that, the sale is over now and they're back up to $148. 511 is a nice cut, not skinny but not dad jeans.

Good to know. I had my concerns since it was listed as slim, but I find the pant legs to be too baggy on my 514s for anything other than jeans and if I’m really slumming it with flip flops I don’t like how the non selvedge cut looks rolled up.

jswing

Post by jswing » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 am

Torrid wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:27 am
jswing wrote:

Good to know. I had my concerns since it was listed as slim, but I find the pant legs to be too baggy on my 514s for anything other than jeans and if I’m really slumming it with flip flops I don’t like how the non selvedge cut looks rolled up.
I used to avoid anything labeled slim, but my wife convinced me to try them, and I've come to like a slightly slimmer cut. Still won't wear skinny jeans. Ever. I also haven't bought any non selvedge since I got my first pair of selvedge.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:03 pm

jswing wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 am
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:

I used to avoid anything labeled slim, but my wife convinced me to try them, and I've come to like a slightly slimmer cut. Still won't wear skinny jeans. Ever. I also haven't bought any non selvedge since I got my first pair of selvedge.
I just got mine Thursday and this is the first full day I’ve worn them. I was a bit surprised how snug they felt in the leg, but they’ve become comfortable very quickly. I’m not sure how I’ll like going back to my regular cut jeans for work days now that I’ve gotten used to these. I have a feeling it has a lot to do with my build. I have an active job (climbing rail cars, walking multiple miles a day) and am fairly built and 5’9” and 170 lbs. I could see this not being a good style if I gained 20 lbs.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:45 pm

jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:

Just curious but have you had any luck finding more non stretch selvedge 511s? It doesn’t look like Levi’s makes them anymore.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:53 pm

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:35 pm

Cue Terry...

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:57 pm

^^^^ those would provide a nice cool breeze. Kind of tickles.
The Hapa

jswing

Post by jswing » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:54 am

Torrid wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:45 pm
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:

Just curious but have you had any luck finding more non stretch selvedge 511s? It doesn’t look like Levi’s makes them anymore.
No, but I haven't actually looked. I found a new (to me) brand that I really like. Bravestar Denim - made in the US of either American (Cone Mills stock) or Japanese selvedge, usually under $100.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:16 pm

jswing wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:54 am
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:

No, but I haven't actually looked. I found a new (to me) brand that I really like. Bravestar Denim - made in the US of either American (Cone Mills stock) or Japanese selvedge, usually under $100.
I’ll have to check them out. Looks like the slim selvedge non stretch Levi’s have sailed.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Bought a couple pair of 505’s, one with stretch just to try them out and also the color wasn’t available otherwise. They slide down. Not impressed. Going to have to wear a belt and won’t be buying stretch anymore.
The Hapa

jswing

Post by jswing » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:17 pm

Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:

I’ll have to check them out. Looks like the slim selvedge non stretch Levi’s have sailed.
I just pre ordered a pair of 14 oz Cone Mills denim they just released today - pre order price is $68. The particular denim is called Golden Handshake, a reference to their original handshake deal to provide denim to Levis for the 501. Anyway, they're well made and I like the fit better than anything else I've tried.

https://bravestarselvage.com/products/t ... ls-selvage

Last edited by jswing on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:50 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:08 pm
Bought a couple pair of 505’s, one with stretch just to try them out and also the color wasn’t available otherwise. They slide down. Not impressed. Going to have to wear a belt and won’t be buying stretch anymore.
I got some non stretch 505 non distressed for work use, but they’re a bit baggier in the leg than I like, but since I’m wearing them with 8 inch Red Wings they look ok. I think I’m spoiled by the slimmer better fitting selvedge.
jswing wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:17 pm
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:

I just pre ordered a pair of 14 oz Cone Mills denim they just released today - pre order price is $68. The particular denim is called Golden Handshake, a reference to their original handshake deal to provide denim to Levis for the 501. Anyway, they're well made and I like the fit better than anything else I've tried.

Did you get the slim straights they offer? I’m going to try some.

jswing

Post by jswing » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 am

Torrid wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:50 pm
HapaHapa wrote:
I got some non stretch 505 non distressed for work use, but they’re a bit baggier in the leg than I like, but since I’m wearing them with 8 inch Red Wings they look ok. I think I’m spoiled by the slimmer better fitting selvedge.
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:

I actually went with true straight. The first pair I bought from them wasn't offered in the slim straight, so I tried the true straight and liked them. Even their true straight is slimmer than a 501.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:40 pm

jswing wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 am
Torrid wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:50 pm
HapaHapa wrote:
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:
Torrid wrote:
jswing wrote:

I actually went with true straight. The first pair I bought from them wasn't offered in the slim straight, so I tried the true straight and liked them. Even their true straight is slimmer than a 501.
Ok cool good to know.

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:14 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
With stretch denim I have found that I need to size down 1-2 inches in the waist.
I have a pair of lightweight 10.5 oz stretch selvedge from a collaboration of Massdrop and Naked and famous and they are some of the most comfortable jeans I own.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x ... ch-selvage
Greg