As I sit here sipping my Allen Edmonds Kool aid......

Where did you get that man purse?
Kustoms4ever
Name: Johnny

As I sit here sipping my Allen Edmonds Kool aid......

Post by Kustoms4ever » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 pm

..... I came across this and took a bath in it!!!!!

Since your guys suggestion I have bought one pair and now have another on the way. I'm really blown away by the quality of them...
My other hobby. My 1954 Lincoln Capri Full Custom.

“The Royal Oak was the first of its kind. 40 years later, it remains unmatched amongst prestige sport watches. This is only the beginning of an authentic icon that is making an indelible imprint on the history of modern watchmaking."

-François-Henry Bennahmias, CEO of Audemars Piguet,

Hornet01
Name: Gordo

Re: As I sit here sipping my Allen Edmonds Kool aid......

Post by Hornet01 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Johnny,

Thanks for sharing. A well built shoe is like a well built, classic watch - it'll look good and work well for a long time while providing the owner with significant satisfaction, pride and appreciation at the personal level. Just good stuff. Cheers.

Gordo

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:22 pm

I think for a price to quality ratio, it's hard to beat Allen Edmonds. They make a good number of well built, classically styled shoes. It is true that there are more expensive shoes, but unless (and probably even if) you're a real aficionado, you start getting diminishing returns compared to what you pay.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Great video. I don't have much need for dress shoes but those look really nice.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 pm

I need to grab a pair-I've never had AE. Tried on a pair of Long Branches and Daltons recently to get the sizing down and really liked both. Long Branches specifically have an appropriate outsole for winters in the midwest. Probably grab a pair in a month or so.

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 pm

JBZ wrote:I think for a price to quality ratio, it's hard to beat Allen Edmonds. They make a good number of well built, classically styled shoes. It is true that there are more expensive shoes, but unless (and probably even if) you're a real aficionado, you start getting diminishing returns compared to what you pay.
=======

Well said Jeff...Will be buying another pair of AE's this week...My fourth.. :thumbsup:

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 pm

:think:
:htfu:

Kustoms4ever
Name: Johnny

Post by Kustoms4ever » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 pm

matt.wu wrote::think:

I know you have the hook up at Cole Haan... BUT.....these are amazing...Probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned. Solid, Exceptional Leather, Great Craftsmanship...
My other hobby. My 1954 Lincoln Capri Full Custom.

“The Royal Oak was the first of its kind. 40 years later, it remains unmatched amongst prestige sport watches. This is only the beginning of an authentic icon that is making an indelible imprint on the history of modern watchmaking."

-François-Henry Bennahmias, CEO of Audemars Piguet,

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:19 pm

moishlashen wrote:I need to grab a pair-I've never had AE. Tried on a pair of Long Branches and Daltons recently to get the sizing down and really liked both. Long Branches specifically have an appropriate outsole for winters in the midwest. Probably grab a pair in a month or so.
I was just looking at those. How is the fit compared to Red Wing?
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:27 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
moishlashen wrote:I need to grab a pair-I've never had AE. Tried on a pair of Long Branches and Daltons recently to get the sizing down and really liked both. Long Branches specifically have an appropriate outsole for winters in the midwest. Probably grab a pair in a month or so.
I was just looking at those. How is the fit compared to Red Wing?

More true to size. The long branch for me was true-so a 9. 1/2 size bigger than Beckmans basically. They didn't have an E width but the D width probably would have been fine. The Daltons for some reason fit smaller and narrower than the the long branches but they only had an 8.5 for me to try so tough to gage but if I ordered them it would be a 9E. The leather is thinner on both models as compared to Beckmans too. Very nice plush leather but thinner. Break in would be easy I would imagine.

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:31 pm

moishlashen wrote:Long Branches specifically have an appropriate outsole for winters in the midwest .
Take a look at Adam Derricks "To Boot New York" model; basically a lug sole on a dress shoe. Wore them for 5 years and could totally mud stomp people as well as sit in the west wing. Love em.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:52 pm

jimyritz wrote:
JBZ wrote:I think for a price to quality ratio, it's hard to beat Allen Edmonds. They make a good number of well built, classically styled shoes. It is true that there are more expensive shoes, but unless (and probably even if) you're a real aficionado, you start getting diminishing returns compared to what you pay.
=======

Well said Jeff...Will be buying another pair of AE's this week...My fourth.. :thumbsup:
I have 8 pairs including one pair of boots I wear regularly.

Except for the two Park Avenue's I try and wait for their sales or when they go on close-out
Regards
Barry

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Their "smoky gray" Long Branches were heavily discounted and now it seems like they are gone.
Regards
Barry

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 am

giosdad wrote:Except for the two Park Avenue's I try and wait for their sales or when they go on close-out
The other thing nice about AE is that they do have good sales from time to time, and you can find some models at a discount at places like Nordstrom Rack, if there's one close to you. They also have a few outlets which have some good deals.

I don't think the Park Avenues ever go on sale. Basic captoes - I imagine one of their biggest sellers.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:45 am

I usually don't need dress shoes, but I have a pair of AE's for nicer dress and they are great. I usually wear Ecco's because they are so darned comfortable :)

Sent using Tapatalk