Badass shoe/boot link thread

Where did you get that man purse?
JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Badass shoe/boot link thread

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 am

I like rancourt moccs. I’ve had a few pairs and found them nicer and more comfortable than bean moccs (which cut up my heels).

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:19 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 am
I like rancourt moccs. I’ve had a few pairs and found them nicer and more comfortable than bean moccs (which cut up my heels).
You have weird foot issues.

Never tried Rancourt, but I've heard good things. I tried a couple pairs of Quoddy mocs back before they tripled their prices. The camp mocs look really nice, and they're well made, but I never was able to get a good fit and found they didn't offer much in the way of cushioning, arch support or comfort - the soles were hard as a rock. I still have one pair, but I never wear them. Some of the "trad" folks still swear by them, though, and the denim crowd got into them at one point.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:34 am

JBZ wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:19 am
JP Chestnut wrote:

Never tried Rancourt, but I've heard good things. I tried a couple pairs of Quoddy mocs back before they tripled their prices. The camp mocs look really nice, and they're well made, but I never was able to get a good fit and found they didn't offer much in the way of cushioning, arch support or comfort - the soles were hard as a rock. I still have one pair, but I never wear them. Some of the "trad" folks still swear by them, though, and the denim crowd got into them at one point.
I do. Overall narrow, super narrow heels, high instep, and extremely boney. My heels have been ripped apart to the point that they run with blood multiple times. It sucks.

I've started to wear a thin athletic sock under my dress socks to provide more comfort and less of a weird fit. It works pretty well and even allows me to wear some D width Aldens (Hampton last mostly) which is nice.

I've often thought about just getting bespoke shoes, but $3000 and a year's wait with no guaranty that they will work is... unattractive.

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 am

^^ check the ladies section...
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:05 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:34 am
JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

I do. Overall narrow, super narrow heels, high instep, and extremely boney. My heels have been ripped apart to the point that they run with blood multiple times. It sucks.

I've started to wear a thin athletic sock under my dress socks to provide more comfort and less of a weird fit. It works pretty well and even allows me to wear some D width Aldens (Hampton last mostly) which is nice.

I've often thought about just getting bespoke shoes, but $3000 and a year's wait with no guaranty that they will work is... unattractive.
put some lotion on those ashie as heels and they won't crack :roll:

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:55 am

toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:34 am
JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

put some lotion on those ashie as heels and they won't crack :roll:
Terry - how’s this look. This is just my daughters and she is wearing a pair..... son has as many or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:38 pm

These are my go-to’s lately.

Astorflex boots

Danner Featherlights

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Anyone tried either of these? Looking for a pair of easy on/off winter boots for shoveling snow and the ski area to replace my 30 year old Sorels. I’d be okay going up to $150.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:43 pm

BacoNoir wrote:Anyone tried either of these? Looking for a pair of easy on/off winter boots for shoveling snow and the ski area to replace my 30 year old Sorels. I’d be okay going up to $150.
Just wore my Boggs up to the cabin for shoveling snow etc...and they did great. Kept me warm and dry.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

SoCal C4S

Post by SoCal C4S » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:03 pm

Buy new Sorels. Worth their weight in gold, and your last pair is evidence that they are worth every $0.01...

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 pm

SoCal C4S wrote:Buy new Sorels. Worth their weight in gold, and your last pair is evidence that they are worth every $0.01...
Too big and bulky for 95% of the time. Looking for something easier to travel with that cover the 95% of the time I don’t need them.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:20 am

Has anybody tried super lightweight boots like LEMS boulder boots ?Image
The Hapa

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:04 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:20 am
Yep, they wore out in about 4 months. And I could feel every rock I stepped on. :crybaby: I wanted to love them.

SoCal C4S

Post by SoCal C4S » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:39 pm

My Danner Featherlights above are super lightweight, and will stand up to whatever you throw at them.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:44 pm

SoCal C4S wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:39 pm
My Danner Featherlights above are super lightweight, and will stand up to whatever you throw at them.
As far as sneaker like boots go, these aren't bad looking:
https://www.danner.com/feather-light-917-brown.html

I might check them out. How do they fit? Are they true to your dress shoe (or brannock device) size?

SoCal C4S

Post by SoCal C4S » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:52 pm

They are. And there are a few options of this boot. Fits true to size, and the break in period is immediate. Had no hot spots, and wouldn’t hesitate to toss on a ruck and go do a 20-miler with them. Very comfortable, and as sturdy as several of the boots that I wore while Active.

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:21 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:
Yep, they wore out in about 4 months. And I could feel every rock I stepped on. :crybaby: I wanted to love them.
These zero drop style boots or shoes is where I’m ending up for my wide toe box needs. Their concept fits my foot.
Did you beat them to death? I see reviews where the Lems boot lasted a long time. Then again, almost every shoe seems to have a subset of reviews where they fell apart in months. Chalk it up to piss poor QC maybe.
The Hapa

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:42 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:21 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:
These zero drop style boots or shoes is where I’m ending up for my wide toe box needs. Their concept fits my foot.
Did you beat them to death? I see reviews where the Lems boot lasted a long time. Then again, almost every shoe seems to have a subset of reviews where they fell apart in months. Chalk it up to piss poor QC maybe.
I bought them because I wanted to try zero drop shoes. In the end I regretted it. I couldn't hike it them or do anything that was abusive. I was thinking they would replace my Rossi boots. They couldn't even begin to do that. It was not money well spent for me. I was told afterwards they are more of a "town boot". WTF does that mean?

I want to try their Primal 2 shoe though. Just I hate spend another $100 on shit. But I do want to find a good zero drop shoe. So far my Vans have been the answer for that need.

Here is a real review about the boot https://gearjunkie.com/lems-boulder-boot-review

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:44 pm

justsellbrgs wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:55 am
Terry - how’s this look. This is just my daughters and she is wearing a pair..... son has as many or more.

looks like our collection also :mrgreen:

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:50 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:
I bought them because I wanted to try zero drop shoes. In the end I regretted it. I couldn't hike it them or do anything that was abusive. I was thinking they would replace my Rossi boots. They couldn't even begin to do that. It was not money well spent for me. I was told afterwards they are more of a "town boot". WTF does that mean?

I want to try their Primal 2 shoe though. Just I hate spend another $100 on shit. But I do want to find a good zero drop shoe. So far my Vans have been the answer for that need.

Here is a real review about the boot https://gearjunkie.com/lems-boulder-boot-review
Haha town boot. That’s means I want to look like I’m wearing boots, but I want something that feels like a shoe. Hmmm. Methinks that looks a lot like me. Image
The Hapa

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:53 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:42 pm
HapaHapa wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:

Just ordered a pair of Lems Trailhead sneakers. Sort of a light duty hiking shoe concept. I believe they have a minimal drop (maybe 4mm). Will let you guys know how they work. Was also considering lightweight Danners.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:13 am

dukerules wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:53 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:42 pm
HapaHapa wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:

Just ordered a pair of Lems Trailhead sneakers. Sort of a light duty hiking shoe concept. I believe they have a minimal drop (maybe 4mm). Will let you guys know how they work. Was also considering lightweight Danners.
Please keep me updated.

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm

SoCal C4S wrote:
I picked up the Jag's a while back and they have held up well as a grab-and-go lightweight boot.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:53 pm

CesarG wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm
SoCal C4S wrote:
I picked up the Jag's a while back and they have held up well as a grab-and-go lightweight boot.

I think I had a pair of them in high school???? :scratch:

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:53 pm
I think I had a pair of them in high school???? :scratch:
It could be. These are re-issues of the original 1980's model.