Wolverine 1000 Mile

Where did you get that man purse?
justsellbrgs
Name: John

Wolverine 1000 Mile

Post by justsellbrgs » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:40 am

Along with the recent snag of Beckman's I picked up the Wolverine 1000 Miles.... (cheaper addiction than watches it seems)

Had to have black this time... as much as I like the classic 1000 Mile I wondered if the leather bottoms would have me on my asscheeks when snow starts flying here in Ohio..... that being said I found the Courtland's have Vibram on the sole and also a look I like....

I scoured the net looking for deals and landed on a pair on ebay.... imperial wear is the ebay seller.....same seller has a store in TX called Leosquare Men's..... Carlos is the contact and gave me a nice deal... phone call and credit card is best for him...

FIT: same size as the Beckman for me - 8.5. fit is more like a true D whereas the Beckman is more like a C....as explained by moishlashen.

...a few dusty pics.... right out of the box.... tried on once.... not treated yet, waiting for the Obenauf's to come (already have [detailed]instructions from Cowbiker on proper application)

"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: Wolverine 1000 Mile

Post by BSears » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 am

I like those a lot. Might have to find a local dealer and try on a pair. Heading to the RW store today to see if they have Beckman's before I throw the $$ down.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:50 am

Sweet. Your pics make them look sleeker in the toe area than other pics I've seen. Typically not a moc toe guy but I really like those. I also didn't realize the outsole was differant than the other 1000 milers. Sweet boot dude.

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 am

Very nice. They look very much like the Red Wing 9015s I just got. I wasn't sure about the moc toe at first but I really like them now.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:58 am

very nice, John.

moishlashen

Post by moishlashen » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:29 am

aboen wrote:Yup, Juan at Leosquare is great to deal with. Ordered the W05848 wolverine 1000 from him, unfortunately the boots didn’t work out for me.
He offers good deals if you order direct and also can order some of the rarer JCrew colors (RW’s and 1000 boots)

Out of curiosity what happened with the 1000 milers Drew?

Cowbiker
Name: Aqua-nut

Post by Cowbiker » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Slick John.

Looking forward to hearing how they do once broken in and with some miles on them.

ElChingon7
Official DWC Boot Whore
Name: Glæn

Post by ElChingon7 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Hell yeah. :clap: :clap: Nice looking pair of boots :fro:
WTF

Cowbiker
Name: Aqua-nut

Post by Cowbiker » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 am

moishlashen

Post by moishlashen » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:59 am

aboen wrote:A few things...too pretty, flaw in the stitching and not feeling the leather soles too much - especially on boots.

Notice the stitching barely clinging on to the edge of the upper sole (toe end). Left boot wasn’t like this at all (sorry no pic).

Huh-thats bad. I've read about a couple of QC issues online about Wolverine-RW too for that matter. I'm guessing the Aldens I just bought may be too pretty as well for a shlubb like me. I have some plans to ugly them up a bit though if necessary :shifty: .

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:31 pm

While still on the hunt for a new , long lasting solid pair of boots that I like, I came across Wolverine 1000 mile in some searches.
Remembered seeing this post a few days ago.

I kind of like these, not sure if I like them more than some of Frye boots I was looking at though(which I can get a little cheaper than these)

Wolverine 1000 mile Burton.

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayP ... 4AodbTsAwg

moishlashen

Post by moishlashen » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Those are Chinese made TC FYI. I really like them too and was pissed when I found that out.

Dixan

Post by Dixan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:40 am

Just beware of the Chinese made 1000 Mile boots. I thought I'd save the extra $100-150, compared to the US made ones for my first pair, just to see how they wore. Big mistake. I have the cap-toe version from that line (can't remember the model name). Love the way they look, but the leather feels a bit thin, one bootstrap broke ON THE VERY FIRST TUG, and the insoles came up, and not all in one piece (they're glued down), after about a week. I've had to cut off the bootstraps, after trying to super glue the one back on; I also got aftermarket insoles. I would've sent them back, but I'm n Shanghai, and it was kind of a pain just to get them sent here. Oh well. Not sure I'll go for the US ones next. Need to read up on the quality, especially versus the Chinese made boots.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:48 am

moishlashen wrote:Those are Chinese made TC FYI. I really like them too and was pissed when I found that out.
Thank you for the info..
Those are off the list.
Not paying those prices for Chinese made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk