Denim

Where did you get that man purse?
User avatar
BlueSky
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:47 pm
Name: David

Re: Denim

Post by BlueSky » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:57 am

gonzomantis wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:40 pm
Just got my shipment from Diamond Gusset. The last pair lasted for many years. Great pricing for made in USA jeans.
New to me. Looks good. Have you tried this one?

https://www.gusset.com/jeans/mens/lynch ... retch-jean

User avatar
gonzomantis
Posts: 2477
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 pm
Name: Mike

Re: Denim

Post by gonzomantis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:11 am

BlueSky wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:57 am
gonzomantis wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:40 pm
Just got my shipment from Diamond Gusset. The last pair lasted for many years. Great pricing for made in USA jeans.
New to me. Looks good. Have you tried this one?

https://www.gusset.com/jeans/mens/lynch ... retch-jean
Nope. Haven't tried those. I get grief for jeans that look like painters pants, so I stick with regular, or relaxed fit styles. I might try one of the Backstage cuts next.

User avatar
BlueSky
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:47 pm
Name: David

Re: Denim

Post by BlueSky » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks Mike. Been wearing 505s forever and I think I'll send an e-mail to see if they have something close fit wise.

User avatar
SoCal C4S
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:05 am
Name: RJ

Re: Denim

Post by SoCal C4S » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:14 am

Flint and Tinder has some good offerings. For work, I reach for my Travelers from Banana Republic.
NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 13777
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: Denim

Post by JDC222 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody that you meet.

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Denim

Post by Chocodove » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:20 pm

JDC222 wrote:Birthplace of denim....

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37523552
Very interesting. I had no idea it all started in France.
- Todd

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5459
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Denim

Post by Torrid » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:34 am

I now have a ridiculous amount of jeans but Levi has a great sale on their website on 511 selvedge jeans so I ordered two pair. I combined that with 20% off from joining their mailing list and got each pair for $61 each. They’re the first pair of selvedge stitch jeans I’ve ever bought. I’ve never had slimmer fit jeans but all my jeans are really baggy in the legs so they should fit me well.

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 7045
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: Denim

Post by jswing » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Torrid wrote:I now have a ridiculous amount of jeans but Levi has a great sale on their website on 511 selvedge jeans so I ordered two pair. I combined that with 20% off from joining their mailing list and got each pair for $61 each. They’re the first pair of selvedge stitch jeans I’ve ever bought. I’ve never had slimmer fit jeans but all my jeans are really baggy in the legs so they should fit me well.
I wish I'd seen that, the sale is over now and they're back up to $148. 511 is a nice cut, not skinny but not dad jeans.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk


User avatar
1954Selmer
Posts: 2852
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 pm
Name: arce

Re: Denim

Post by 1954Selmer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:05 pm

I was born with "bird legs", so it doesn't matter what brand. For years, I have fully tailored my jeans, slacks, and dress shirts. I can make a pair of Faded Glory jeans sexy...

User avatar
SoCal C4S
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:05 am
Name: RJ

Re: Denim

Post by SoCal C4S » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Making me moist over here... Tweet tweet. Lol
NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5459
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Denim

Post by Torrid » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:27 am

jswing wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:35 pm
Torrid wrote:I now have a ridiculous amount of jeans but Levi has a great sale on their website on 511 selvedge jeans so I ordered two pair. I combined that with 20% off from joining their mailing list and got each pair for $61 each. They’re the first pair of selvedge stitch jeans I’ve ever bought. I’ve never had slimmer fit jeans but all my jeans are really baggy in the legs so they should fit me well.
I wish I'd seen that, the sale is over now and they're back up to $148. 511 is a nice cut, not skinny but not dad jeans.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
Good to know. I had my concerns since it was listed as slim, but I find the pant legs to be too baggy on my 514s for anything other than jeans and if I’m really slumming it with flip flops I don’t like how the non selvedge cut looks rolled up.

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 7045
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: Denim

Post by jswing » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 am

Torrid wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:27 am
jswing wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:35 pm
Torrid wrote:I now have a ridiculous amount of jeans but Levi has a great sale on their website on 511 selvedge jeans so I ordered two pair. I combined that with 20% off from joining their mailing list and got each pair for $61 each. They’re the first pair of selvedge stitch jeans I’ve ever bought. I’ve never had slimmer fit jeans but all my jeans are really baggy in the legs so they should fit me well.
I wish I'd seen that, the sale is over now and they're back up to $148. 511 is a nice cut, not skinny but not dad jeans.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
Good to know. I had my concerns since it was listed as slim, but I find the pant legs to be too baggy on my 514s for anything other than jeans and if I’m really slumming it with flip flops I don’t like how the non selvedge cut looks rolled up.
I used to avoid anything labeled slim, but my wife convinced me to try them, and I've come to like a slightly slimmer cut. Still won't wear skinny jeans. Ever. I also haven't bought any non selvedge since I got my first pair of selvedge.

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5459
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Denim

Post by Torrid » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:03 pm

jswing wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 am
Torrid wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:27 am
jswing wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:35 pm
Torrid wrote:I now have a ridiculous amount of jeans but Levi has a great sale on their website on 511 selvedge jeans so I ordered two pair. I combined that with 20% off from joining their mailing list and got each pair for $61 each. They’re the first pair of selvedge stitch jeans I’ve ever bought. I’ve never had slimmer fit jeans but all my jeans are really baggy in the legs so they should fit me well.
I wish I'd seen that, the sale is over now and they're back up to $148. 511 is a nice cut, not skinny but not dad jeans.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
Good to know. I had my concerns since it was listed as slim, but I find the pant legs to be too baggy on my 514s for anything other than jeans and if I’m really slumming it with flip flops I don’t like how the non selvedge cut looks rolled up.
I used to avoid anything labeled slim, but my wife convinced me to try them, and I've come to like a slightly slimmer cut. Still won't wear skinny jeans. Ever. I also haven't bought any non selvedge since I got my first pair of selvedge.
I just got mine Thursday and this is the first full day I’ve worn them. I was a bit surprised how snug they felt in the leg, but they’ve become comfortable very quickly. I’m not sure how I’ll like going back to my regular cut jeans for work days now that I’ve gotten used to these. I have a feeling it has a lot to do with my build. I have an active job (climbing rail cars, walking multiple miles a day) and am fairly built and 5’9” and 170 lbs. I could see this not being a good style if I gained 20 lbs.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests