Advise In Using The Auxillary Option In The Jeep's OEM Radio

Get your nerd on.
AZpops
Name: Lance

Advise In Using The Auxillary Option In The Jeep's OEM Radio

Post by AZpops » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:33 pm

I'd like to play downloaded music using the auxiliary plug in the radio. Watched a few YouTube vids on the subject, but info seems incomplete. If I can use the option on the radio. What equipment (stuff) will I need, and how do I download the music, ie. download directly to a flash drive?

I know I'll need two different plugs, as the plug on the radio is the smaller one.

My service writer at Jeep, told me he plays music directly from his phone. But I still use a flip phone, so I know that ain't gonna work. ... :lol:

Thanks!
Lance

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Re: Advise In Using The Auxillary Option In The Jeep's OEM Radio

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:26 pm

Our Acuras have a standard headphone size 3.5mm (?) jack for Aux. I just run a cable from my phone to play music. Maybe you could use an iPod or other similar device.

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:36 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:26 pm
Our Acuras have a standard headphone size 3.5mm (?) jack for Aux. I just run a cable from my phone to play music. Maybe you could use an iPod or other similar device.
Thanks. Is an iPod a stand alone devise? Would be great if the radio had a standard jack. I saved a few cables (?) on Amazon that converts a standard jack with the smaller one. After that, I'm in the dark. .. :grin:

Once I figure this out, I'm hoping I can download YouTube music to a devise to play on the radio.
Lance

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Post by gonzomantis » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:44 pm

If only you could still buy an iPod. Apple dropped those.

Your best bet is to shop for a decent MP3 player. Amazon has loads of options. I still run my iPod Classic, so I don’t know the best MP3 options today.

Happy hunting!

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:52 pm

Another option is to pick up a hooker who can sing. She/He/They-Them can sing to you, eliminating the need for the Aux jack altogether. You also get some strange! Bring antibiotics.

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:16 pm

gonzomantis wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:44 pm

Your best bet is to shop for a decent MP3 player. Amazon has loads of options. I still run my iPod Classic, so I don’t know the best MP3 options today.

Happy hunting!
Thanks. So, I would download the song directly to the MP3 player (which would be connected to the laptop). Is that correct?

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:52 pm
Another option is to pick up a hooker who can sing. She/He/They-Them can sing to you, eliminating the need for the Aux jack altogether. You also get some strange! Bring antibiotics.
Fk'n Hop! The DOC at Urgent Care just prescribed a round of antibiotics (in the event I needed it). ... :tap: Awh shit, I can't breath! ... :roll: :roll:
Lance

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:05 pm

AZpops wrote:
gonzomantis wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:44 pm

Happy hunting!
Thanks. So, I would download the song directly to the MP3 player (which would be connected to the laptop). Is that correct?

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:52 pm
Fk'n Hop! The DOC at Urgent Care just prescribed a round of antibiotics (in the event I needed it). ... :tap: Awh shit, I can't breath! ... :roll: :roll:
ImageImageImage

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:15 am

You can always buy an iPhone SE. (2016 model like this one), and just hook it up to your WiFi and use it for an MP3 player.
Get it, hook up to your WiFi, then go to YouTube music and download your song.
This still has a 3.5mm jack, so once you have the songs on it, just plug it in to your car aux jack and hit play.

Apple iPhone SE, 32GB Gray Unlocked 1st Gen 2016 ATT Tmobile https://a.co/d/14k20hD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:22 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:15 am
You can always buy an iPhone SE. (2016 model like this one), and just hook it up to your WiFi and use it for an MP3 player.
This still has a 3.5mm jack, so once you have the songs on it, just plug it in to your car aux jack and hit play.

Apple iPhone SE, 32GB Gray Unlocked 1st Gen 2016 ATT Tmobile https://a.co/d/14k20hD

Thanks for the link. You make it sound too easy. Which makes me feel like I'm waaaaay behind the curve. Well, I've never been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The WiFi isn't a problem, as I use a mobile Verizon hot spot devise. As mentioned, I can order two cables which will convert the large jack to the smaller one that's in the radio.

So, the iPhone is only used as a storage devise for the music (I don't have to buy a connection with a provider, ie. Verizon)? If so, how would I arrange the music (by folder sort of thing)?

Thanks!

BTW I still use a flip phone, with no experience with a smart phone.
Lance

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:49 am

You will need to use computer to put music on the MP3 player. Newer MP3 player will probably let you drag and drop the files. Or just buy an old model smart phone and use a music app and your computer to transfer music from CDs.
The Hapa

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:10 pm

AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks for the link. You make it sound too easy. Which makes me feel like I'm waaaaay behind the curve. Well, I've never been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The WiFi isn't a problem, as I use a mobile Verizon hot spot devise. As mentioned, I can order two cables which will convert the large jack to the smaller one that's in the radio.

So, the iPhone is only used as a storage devise for the music (I don't have to buy a connection with a provider, ie. Verizon)? If so, how would I arrange the music (by folder sort of thing)?

Thanks!

No, you don’t need a plan or anything. You would be using it as an iPod or MP3 player only.
You get it, input your WiFi on it, (think of it like a small computer), and then you can go to YouTube music (not sure if that’s a separate app, but if it is you would download the app first), then you can download your songs to the device.

I’m not sure what kind of setup your jeep has, or what kind of connector you need, but I think a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack would work.

You can also buy this adapter that just plugs into phone, and then you can put your radio on FM 87.5 to 108 and then it will play wirelessly through your car.

Beinhome FM Transmitter Audio Adapter Car Kit, Wireless in-Car Radio Transmitter Built-in 3.5mm Aux Port for Car iPhone 6s 5 SE iPod iPad Smart Phones MP3 MP4 Audio Players https://a.co/d/eswYcY0

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:26 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:10 pm
AZpops wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks!

No, you don’t need a plan or anything. You would be using it as an iPod or MP3 player only.
You get it, input your WiFi on it, (think of it like a small computer), and then you can go to YouTube music (not sure if that’s a separate app, but if it is you would download the app first), then you can download your songs to the device.

I’m not sure what kind of setup your jeep has, or what kind of connector you need, but I think a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack would work.

You can also buy this adapter that just plugs into phone, and then you can put your radio on FM 87.5 to 108 and then it will play wirelessly through your car.

Beinhome FM Transmitter Audio Adapter Car Kit, Wireless in-Car Radio Transmitter Built-in 3.5mm Aux Port for Car iPhone 6s 5 SE iPod iPad Smart Phones MP3 MP4 Audio Players https://a.co/d/eswYcY0

Thanks, Don! Just thought of something, so I'm gonna throw another curve in this. The music I'd like to listen to is in YouTuber vids. For example; one of them is Stjepan Hauser's live full concert with Zagreb Philharmonic Orchestra at Zagreb Concert Hall. so I think this will mean I'll need to convert the vid to music. Saw a tutorial on doing this on YouTube. If I'm able to keep my brain from overloading, and achieve this. I'll more then likely have to convert the vid on my laptop, right? I'll then download it to the iPhone?
Lance

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:43 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:49 am
You will need to use computer to put music on the MP3 player. Newer MP3 player will probably let you drag and drop the files. Or just buy an old model smart phone and use a music app and your computer to transfer music from CDs.
Thanks! This sounds easy as well. Great ideas! Appreciate the time taken to help me with my project (?).
Lance

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:05 am

Couple of YouTube tutorial vids, re. converting music vids to MP3 files. Didn't know I already had VLC media player downloaded on my windows 7 laptop. Looks easy enough, but it's not mentioning about someone like me trying to do the converting. So we'll see when I get to that part of the project.

Thanks again, guys!
Lance

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:11 am

I forgot to mention, you’ll want a live hooker. Ben told me dead hookers don’t sing well. Good luck.

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:04 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:11 am
I forgot to mention, you’ll want a live hooker. Ben told me dead hookers don’t sing well. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip. Warm is always better then cold! ... :thumbsup:
Lance

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:23 pm

tattoo chef wrote:

Don, what does it mean as not having a SIM card?

I also saw this one with more storage; https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-SE- ... r=8-1&th=1

And for about half the price. This MP3 player; https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Spotif ... 76d5d&th=1

Am I able to connect the phone to my laptop, to transfer music vids that I converted to an MP3 file? Or can I download the music video and play it as is?

Now I'm starting to get confused. .... :shifty:

BTW, had this jack converter saved in my Amazon list; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M9K29P0/?c ... it_im&th=1

The aux jack in the Jeep's radio is the smaller 2.5mm.
Lance

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:19 pm

SIM card means a removeable storage card versus built-in storage capacity
The Hapa

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:37 am

HapaHapa wrote:SIM card means a removeable storage card versus built-in storage capacity
Um, no it doesn’t. SIM cards allow you to connect to carrier networks.

Which he won’t need as he won’t be using it as a phone.

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:24 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:19 pm
SIM card means a removeable storage card versus built-in storage capacity
I guess Don helped us out on this.
Lance

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:27 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:37 am
HapaHapa wrote:SIM card means a removeable storage card versus built-in storage capacity

Thanks, Don.
Lance

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:10 am

Well, got everything saved in Amazon. I was looking at my Galaxy Tab A (don't want to carry a devise this size in the Jeep), and figured I'd play around with it. I hope by playing around with the Tab A, will give me a feel on how this stuff works. I ordered the Jack converter from Amazon (3.5mm male on one end of the cable, and 2.5mm male on the other end. 3.5mm for the Tab A and 2.5mm to the Jeep's radio).

This guy; Kevin Stratvert has a few tutorials on YouTube, re. my project. He goes through the steps describing how to transfer music from a laptop to an iPhone/android devise (?), as well as converting video (is that an MP4 file?), to a MP3 file.

However, after watching one of Kevin's videos. It seems using the Tab A will be too easy, once I join/subscribe/purchase a YouTube Premium membership. Something I planned on doing in order to download stuff from YouTube. Chatted with a YouTube rep yesterday. She confirmed, I am able to use my two devises with a membership (Tab A and laptop).

Thanks again for all of your advise, input, and time taken in helping me out with this project.

We'll see how it goes. Hope I don't fry/blow anything up. ... :lol: ... :cheers:

I still might have more questions though. .... :shifty: ... :grin:
Lance

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:05 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:37 am

Uh. Yah you be correct.
simple intellectual malfunction
The Hapa