Seen this?! Galaxy Fold...

Get your nerd on.
blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Re: Seen this?! Galaxy Fold...

Post by blkgsl » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:07 pm

jtbenson wrote:i still sometimes search for this old b&o used, and fantasize about telling my work to f off...
it had the best audio quality of any mobile phone i've ever heard, and that used to be the primary use of the thing in your pocket (get off my lawn).

Ooooh - I wanted one of these so bad when I was in college. Still do ....

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:37 am

Thanks....I’ll stick to the iPhone.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:05 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:46 pm
Still not an iPhone.
It can't be any worse. I purchased my first and last iphone last yr. It is awful. I'll be going back to Android when it dies.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:21 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:05 am
hoppyjr wrote:
Still not an iPhone.
It can't be any worse. I purchased my first and last iphone last yr. It is awful. I'll be going back to Android when it dies.
It’s all in what you get used to. I’ve been using Apple products for about 5 years now. I was on Android before that. I don’t think my experience with Android is a fair assessment of android today, I’m sure the bugs I ran into back then are no longer an issue. I kept breaking devices back then but now I know all of the high end devices use premium materials, which Apple has basically done from the start. Apple to be fair does not really see a lot of benefit other than integration. Between my iPad working with my iPhone and seamlessly jumping between the two while using AirPods and then plugging into my truck for CarPlay, every thing I do for the most part ties back to my device. Coming in cold from an Android and not benefiting from integration, iOS feels very locked down lacking customization and missing some basic features that Android does have.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:45 am

streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Still not an iPhone.
So strange. It’s what we have always gotten as our company phone and I’ve never had an issue. My only real complaint would be the constant push for monthly cloud “fee”.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:53 am

Torrid wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:21 am
streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Still not an iPhone.
It’s all in what you get used to. I’ve been using Apple products for about 5 years now. I was on Android before that. I don’t think my experience with Android is a fair assessment of android today, I’m sure the bugs I ran into back then are no longer an issue. I kept breaking devices back then but now I know all of the high end devices use premium materials, which Apple has basically done from the start. Apple to be fair does not really see a lot of benefit other than integration. Between my iPad working with my iPhone and seamlessly jumping between the two while using AirPods and then plugging into my truck for CarPlay, every thing I do for the most part ties back to my device. Coming in cold from an Android and not benefiting from integration, iOS feels very locked down lacking customization and missing some basic features that Android does have.
I can see that. For me it’s just use as is. But, if you wanted to alter it, Apple isn’t the product.

Funny, I wanted to try Android/Samsung but IT said no...must be the phones only.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:15 am

demer03 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:53 am
Torrid wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Still not an iPhone.
I can see that. For me it’s just use as is. But, if you wanted to alter it, Apple isn’t the product.

Funny, I wanted to try Android/Samsung but IT said no...must be the phones only.
I can say without a doubt if I had it as a stand-alone device I would have a Galaxy Note series.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:36 am

Torrid wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Still not an iPhone.
I have a Macbook Pro and will be getting another when it dies. It has been indestructible. I am not a brand blowhard - I call it like I see it.
The iPhone I own is garbage where I need it - in cold weather and off grid. When I've used it below 30 degrees, it dies within an hr from full charge unless I keep it in airplane mode. In contrast, my buddy's Pixel has amazing performance in the areas where we go. That alone leaves the iPhone dead to me.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:54 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:36 am
Torrid wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Still not an iPhone.
I have a Macbook Pro and will be getting another when it dies. It has been indestructible. I am not a brand blowhard - I call it like I see it.
The iPhone I own is garbage where I need it - in cold weather and off grid. When I've used it below 30 degrees, it dies within an hr from full charge unless I keep it in airplane mode. In contrast, my buddy's Pixel has amazing performance in the areas where we go. That alone leaves the iPhone dead to me.
Batteries don’t last. I usually run a battery case too. Although my 6plus doesn’t suffer from it, I’ve heard of high or low temp issues.

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:06 am

demer03 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:54 am
streetracer101 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:36 am
Torrid wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Still not an iPhone.
Batteries don’t last. I usually run a battery case too. Although my 6plus doesn’t suffer from it, I’ve heard of high or low temp issues.
While I’ve heard of these issues I’ve never seen them. I’ve used iPhones in Phoenix, Las Vegas, and in the extreme cold in Wisconsin winter. I have had people show me that warning in Vegas on their iPhones though. The only difference I noticed if it even matters for cooling is that I don’t use a case.

bedlam
Name: Carl

Post by bedlam » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:12 pm

Community service notice: if you have issues and manage to kill an iphone Apple will tell you any data not backed up is lost. Its true they don't offer a data recovery service but there are people who do (iPad Rehab, etc). Apple currently won't acknowledge these services (or even admit they exist).

Best thing is to back up your stuff, obviously.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:30 pm

I have a bag full of foldable phones. Here’s one of them

A9B184D3-7EF3-446B-94F2-013ECF37134E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

demer03

Post by demer03 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:37 am

Paul and his “burners” 😆

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:05 am

demer03 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:37 am
Paul and his “burners” 😆
ha - I wish I could "burn" my gov issued phone. I once dropped my blackberry on a submarine and it fell two decks and landed on a steel grate. I was initially thrilled because I assumed it had exploded.. no such luck. Not even a scratch :raised:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:02 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:05 am
demer03 wrote:
Paul and his “burners” 😆
ha - I wish I could "burn" my gov issued phone. I once dropped my blackberry on a submarine and it fell two decks and landed on a steel grate. I was initially thrilled because I assumed it had exploded.. no such luck. Not even a scratch :raised:
I wish blackberry had kept up with technology. They made great phones.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:10 am

JBZ wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:02 am
deepcdvr wrote:
demer03 wrote:
Paul and his “burners” 😆
Amen. I loved my World with the little track-ball. One of the best phones I ever had.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:06 am

demer03 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:10 am
JBZ wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:
demer03 wrote:
Paul and his “burners” 😆
Amen. I loved my World with the little track-ball. One of the best phones I ever had.
I found my blackberry one of the most intuitive, ergonomic phones I've ever owned. When it comes to technology, I need all the help I can get, and it was just so easy to use. I had to give mine up when I left a job, and by then they were on their way out, so I never got another.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:06 pm

JBZ wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:06 am
demer03 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:10 am
JBZ wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:
demer03 wrote:
Paul and his “burners” 😆
I found my blackberry one of the most intuitive, ergonomic phones I've ever owned. When it comes to technology, I need all the help I can get, and it was just so easy to use. I had to give mine up when I left a job, and by then they were on their way out, so I never got another.
I had a govie issued one for a few years. I like it. But they definitely got behind on technology it seemed.

ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Post by ncstate1201 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 am

Loved my BlackBerry also...not to mention it seemed like once you got used to the tiny keyed keyboard on the old school ones you could go faster on those than a touchscreen. Heck I could even type a message on one of those without looking...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:43 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:22 am
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Still not an iPhone.
Ed, iPhones are over and never were anything special to begin with Image
This ^^^they seem to always be a me too play bringing "innovation" to phones after other manufacturers already had them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I don’t even care about crazy innovation. I’ve yet to be able to kill an iPhone, not that I’ve gone out of my way to do so. I’ve killed 3 Androids now, but so far it was all hardware related. Samsung, HTC, and myself don’t seem to play well together.

That said I may go back to Samsung eventually. Not interested at all in the Fold though, so another model. The going away with the port if it happens on the iPhone pretty much kills how I use my phone unless in vehicle connectivity changes.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:35 am

The new RAZR is the form factor I’m interested in.

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:31 am

59yukon01 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:37 am
Panerai7 wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:56 am
A grand for a phone was my “I’m outa here” moment. Even $500 or $600 seems like a lot for something that I’m going to drop on concrete and sit on.
Yeah that Fold is 2K which is silly
Also read that Motorola is releasing a Razr with a folded screen. I might try that since I still feel the foldable screen is the future. Just wait for Apple to come out with one, it'll be "revolutionary"

Return of the flip phone. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Don't laugh, I just upgraded my 3G flip phone to a 4G one! And the 3G had more features on the darn thing! ... :angryfire:

:lol: :lol:
Lance