Get your nerd on.
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: New Computer/ TLS Issues

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:36 pm

BlueSky wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:30 pm
Just the new PC and my Samsung tablet on this network and the tablet is fine. Tried with everything off including Defender. Something is also logging me off this site. Crazy shit...
fresh install

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:50 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Torrid wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:04 pm
Most of Dell's installed stuff is hidden and looks like it belongs to Microsoft. I've dealt with this heavily on every Dell computer until I finally give up as the computer gets older and then it gets converted to some form of Linux. Dell even uses their own proprietary boot BIOS and it is a nightmare for chargers and batteries because it is default set to save battery life to prolong it. What this means is as batteries age and wear is that it causes weird functionality issues where even with a good charger it fails to recognize it and refuses to charge even a very low battery. Usually settings can be changed to force it to charge, but at some point every Dell does it and the BIOS is required to use the hardware no matter what operating system you use
totally true
Was dealing with this bullshit battery issue on a Dell chromebook last night. Spent a few hours trying to update drivers/bios/etc. and thankfully big picture it's a throwaway. Not worth my time. Sorry about the derail, but this is a big part of why I hate using a computer at home. At work I can let IT fight with the f#cking machine while I work on something else. At home I'll just use my phone or tablet, or pick up a pencil. Maybe less functionality but I'm ok with that. Rant over.
The Hapa

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:22 am

Before doing the fresh install, thought I would give MS a call. They took care of the image issues here and I watched the sites I mentioned work fine while he took over my computer. And, of course, they aren't working now.

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:29 am

BlueSky wrote:Before doing the fresh install, thought I would give MS a call. They took care of the image issues here and I watched the sites I mentioned work fine while he took over my computer. And, of course, they aren't working now.
Classic! Image
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

BlueSky

Post by BlueSky » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:35 am

Ha... and, of course, your image is a black x... :cussing:

Edit: your emoji was a black x and now it works. Geesh...

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:40 am

David bro you need to start with a fresh install. That way you can make sure there isn't any bloatware/added software causing your issues.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:39 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:50 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Torrid wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:04 pm
Most of Dell's installed stuff is hidden and looks like it belongs to Microsoft. I've dealt with this heavily on every Dell computer until I finally give up as the computer gets older and then it gets converted to some form of Linux. Dell even uses their own proprietary boot BIOS and it is a nightmare for chargers and batteries because it is default set to save battery life to prolong it. What this means is as batteries age and wear is that it causes weird functionality issues where even with a good charger it fails to recognize it and refuses to charge even a very low battery. Usually settings can be changed to force it to charge, but at some point every Dell does it and the BIOS is required to use the hardware no matter what operating system you use
totally true
Was dealing with this bullshit battery issue on a Dell chromebook last night. Spent a few hours trying to update drivers/bios/etc. and thankfully big picture it's a throwaway. Not worth my time. Sorry about the derail, but this is a big part of why I hate using a computer at home. At work I can let IT fight with the f#cking machine while I work on something else. At home I'll just use my phone or tablet, or pick up a pencil. Maybe less functionality but I'm ok with that. Rant over.
It’s a very widespread issue. I even had a Dell I converted to Linux and sold and I never had the issue on that one. It had a small hard drive and Microsoft updates completely plugged it up so converting it to a new OS freed it up. I actually had a charger go bad and replaced it and fixed my charging problem. Sold the computer and the new owner started having the standard Dell BIOS issue almost immediately. I think I was able to play IT guy and get that fixed, but it seems like none are immune.

BlueSky

Post by BlueSky » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:57 pm

Terry, I will later this week when I've got some time. I'm sort of an analytical type and shit like this drives me crazy.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:08 pm

BlueSky wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:57 pm
Terry, I will later this week when I've got some time. I'm sort of an analytical type and shit like this drives me crazy.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Same here. But some shit just can't be figured out. So starting from scratch is the best solution.