Lenovo Customer Support rocks!

Get your nerd on.
BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Lenovo Customer Support rocks!

Post by BacoNoir » Thu May 31, 2018 9:11 am

I'm on my second Lenovo computer and have been really impressed. My first one was a small travel laptop that ran flawlessly for 6-7 years before I retired it. Last year, we replaced our HP desktop with a Lenovo ThinkCentre M910z All In One system to reduce the desktop space taken up by the PC since I use the bigger half of the L-shaped desk for work (with a laptop docking station, dual monitors, laser printer and scanner - yeah, that side is crowded).

I've been noticing that the rime in the lower right corner of the monitor is always losing time and I have to reset it constantly. Today I noticed that it turned off the "automatically check internet time" feature - I didn't do that. I also have had issue with it finding the internet connection (connected via Ethernet cable) on restarts. Last week, I decided to run system updates and made sure all drivers and bios were up to date and still had the same issues.

Today I decided to call the help line since I have 6 months left on warranty. I expected to be on hold for hours to talk to someone - took maybe 5 minutes. Then I expected to be asked to do stupid things including restarting the computer 10+ times as I did those. Nope. Had 1 restart and checked a few more things, asked what I had done on my own to trouble shoot it - and they actually believed me rather than asking me to do all those things again, which I have experienced with most tech support calls in the past.

After less than 30 minutes (probably more like 20 minutes), he said the Ethernet port and clock are both on the mother board so they will have a tech call me tomorrow and set up an appointment to replace it - easy peasy! Color me impressed. Lenovo was a little more expensive - not a lot - than HP/Dell, but I'm glad I went with them as both of those companies have been worthless with customer support in the past. Plus ordering online with them, it was easy to select customization options for the hard drive, memory, accessories, etc.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Re: Lenovo Customer Support rocks!

Post by tattoo chef » Thu May 31, 2018 9:13 am

Good to hear. I have a Lenovo Yoga arriving today, so good to know their CS is not utter crap like most others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:08 am

I've been in the computer hardware/supplies business for 30+ years and I'd say you made a good choice going with Lenovo. In the past I've worked with many Lenovo Reps selling to end user accounts. Dell I'm not fond of, and getting support from HP is frustrating.

Bradystraps
Name: Todd

Post by Bradystraps » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:04 am

Just picked up the ultra budget Ideapad 320 and have been really impressed so far.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 am

I’ve had my Lenovo yoga 720 for about 2 weeks now and love it so far. Very fast and smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbj204
Name: Paul

Post by pbj204 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:18 am

Just got a Yoga 920 yesterday. It's great so far.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:42 pm

They called the following Monday after I talked to tech support and came out the same day to replace the mother board. That’s crazy fast! Everything is running great now - no issues at all.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Glad to hear it. I use a Lenovo in ththe office.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Awesome. That is some rare customer service for sure. Dell is only that good if you have a commercial contract with them unfortunately.