What does this link mean in my system information?

Get your nerd on.
AZpops
Name: Lance

What does this link mean in my system information?

Post by AZpops » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:37 pm

In the control panel / system security / system (information). Under Service Pack 1, there is a link; get more features with a new edition of windows 7.

What is that link? Does it mean, I'm not running the latest version of W7 (I have the Home Premium version)? If it's no big deal, I'll just go ahead and forget about it. .... :grin:

Anyways, just noticed the link, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks! ... :cheers:
Lance

raf42
Fister
Name: Rob

Re: What does this link mean in my system information?

Post by raf42 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:03 pm

It means you can (pay to) upgrade to a version of 7 with more features than Home Premium (Pro or Ultimate IIRC). Unless you want to remotely connect to your computer (remote desktop), use bitlocker encryption, join "domains", or a few other features included in the more upscale versions, you are not missing anything (and are current with your version of 7 unless you move to 10). For most people those are features they would never use anyway.

:cheers:

AZpops
Name: Lance

Re: What does this link mean in my system information?

Post by AZpops » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:08 pm

raf42 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:03 pm
It means you can (pay to) upgrade to a version of 7 with more features than Home Premium (Pro or Ultimate IIRC). Unless you want to remotely connect to your computer (remote desktop), use bitlocker encryption, join "domains", or a few other features included in the more upscale versions, you are not missing anything (and are current with your version of 7 unless you move to 10). For most people those are features they would never use anyway.

:cheers:
Thanks, Rob! I'll resist clicking on the link, and leave it alone! ... :cheers:
Lance