Pixel 2

Get your nerd on.
Post Reply
User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 26709
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Pixel 2

Post by matt.wu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:41 am

Started as an Android guy, switched to iPhone around the 4S (Android sucked at the time), and just pre-ordered the Pixel 2. Gonna be my leap back into Android after a long hiatus, but it's going to be a simple transition since I use Google for basically everything on my iPhone anyway.

I don't really keep track of all the cool new shiny features, and I really don't care that much about face recognition or wireless charging. I just want a phone with little bloat that works really well. And the camera needs to be great because I use it extensively for that w/ kids and (duh) watches.

Anyone else watch the event this AM?
:htfu:

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Pixel 2

Post by BacoNoir » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:00 pm

Similar Droid --> iPhone timeline here and yeah the old Droids use to suck and took a lot of time to reload apps, redo settings, etc when you switched phones. With all my CDs ripped to iTunes, I'm not sure what it would take to get them to play on a new Droid - it's an iTunes proprietary format right? If it's an easy fix, I'd consider moving away from the iPhone again because they've gotten stupid expensive.

EDIT: Just watched the initial review on The Verge and these look cool, but are just as stupid expensive as the new iPhones. :tap:

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker ... e-features
Last edited by BacoNoir on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13123
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Pixel 2

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Congrats Matt, P2 should be a great phone

User avatar
blkgsl
Herro!!!
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 am
Name: blkgsl

Re: Pixel 2

Post by blkgsl » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Hah, I just ordered the black/white one. I'm disappointed with the iPhone X.

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 26709
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Pixel 2

Post by matt.wu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:24 pm

blkgsl wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:21 pm
Hah, I just ordered the black/white one. I'm disappointed with the iPhone X.
I went all black 5".
:htfu:

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 26709
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Pixel 2

Post by matt.wu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:24 pm

(that's what she said)
:htfu:

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 26709
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Pixel 2

Post by matt.wu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:25 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:00 pm
Similar Droid --> iPhone timeline here and yeah the old Droids use to suck and took a lot of time to reload apps, redo settings, etc when you switched phones. With all my CDs ripped to iTunes, I'm not sure what it would take to get them to play on a new Droid - it's an iTunes proprietary format right? If it's an easy fix, I'd consider moving away from the iPhone again because they've gotten stupid expensive.

EDIT: Just watched the initial review on The Verge and these look cool, but are just as stupid expensive as the new iPhones. :tap:
I actually thought the price was very reasonable compared to pretty much all new phones on the market now.

For music, I'm moved away from any stored form of music and use cloud only. Google Music (I happened to choose this over Spotify awhile back) even gives you storage to upload all your old music so it's cloud-accessible as well.
:htfu:

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13123
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Pixel 2

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Pixel Buds are awesome with Google Translate. Looks like I'll be getting this phone :)

User avatar
nweash
Posts: 2287
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

Re: Pixel 2

Post by nweash » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:57 pm

The squeeze touch thing is really cool. Wonder what they can do with that feature.
Image

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13123
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Pixel 2

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:05 pm

nweash wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:57 pm
The squeeze touch thing is really cool. Wonder what they can do with that feature.
Cnet has some videos showing what it can do. Pretty cool.

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Pixel 2

Post by BacoNoir » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:30 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:25 pm
BacoNoir wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:00 pm
Similar Droid --> iPhone timeline here and yeah the old Droids use to suck and took a lot of time to reload apps, redo settings, etc when you switched phones. With all my CDs ripped to iTunes, I'm not sure what it would take to get them to play on a new Droid - it's an iTunes proprietary format right? If it's an easy fix, I'd consider moving away from the iPhone again because they've gotten stupid expensive.

EDIT: Just watched the initial review on The Verge and these look cool, but are just as stupid expensive as the new iPhones. :tap:
I actually thought the price was very reasonable compared to pretty much all new phones on the market now.

For music, I'm moved away from any stored form of music and use cloud only. Google Music (I happened to choose this over Spotify awhile back) even gives you storage to upload all your old music so it's cloud-accessible as well.
Hummm, Google is my friend. Looks like "there's an app for that" these days...

How can I play my iTunes music on my Android phone?
Make sure your phone has Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or later. To check your Android version, go to Apps > Settings > About device. Get the Apple Music app from Google Play. Know your Apple ID, which is the account that you use with all Apple services such as the iTunes Store or App Store.

User avatar
mfxr
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:19 am
Name: MattF
Location: Australia

Re: Pixel 2

Post by mfxr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:16 pm

I have the original Pixel - really happy with it.
Camera, performance, build quality are all great.

User avatar
hobbit712
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:55 am
Name: Steve
Contact:

Re: Pixel 2

Post by hobbit712 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:56 pm

mfxr wrote:I have the original Pixel - really happy with it.
Camera, performance, build quality are all great.
Same here. Had a Pixel XL not quite a year and love it. Awesome camera.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

http://watchidiotsavants.com
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest