Image Hosting Website Recommendations?

Get your nerd on.
River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Re: Image Hosting Website Recommendations?

Post by River Rat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:21 am

Hey notice some attach photo's here direct from the computer I tried but failed how do you do that so I have a few ways to post photo's. Do you need a app of some kind to copy and paste. I notice we have a set up for photo's like when you post a youtube video I even fail at that.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am

59yukon01 wrote:Not sure what everybody else sees, but uploading pics from my phone via the Google Photos app is very simple.

Possible it is because I have an iPhone and google photos isn't integrated into it like it is on android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:26 am

59yukon01 wrote:Not sure what everybody else sees, but uploading pics from my phone via the Google Photos app is very simple.

Do you have all your photos synced with google photos? Maybe that is why I can't do it, as I was doing it from one photo and didn't sync everything

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 am

Imgur it is.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:50 am

tattoo chef wrote:

Do you have all your photos synced with google photos? Maybe that is why I can't do it, as I was doing it from one photo and didn't sync everything

Yes each picture I take automatically backs up to Google Photos, even though it's also stored via the phones gallery. The two are somewhat synced. Meaning if I delete from my phone gallery it's still on Google Photos, but deleting from Google Photos will delete it from my phone storage, which I prefer.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:07 am

Wonder if photobucket was hacked there was a big ransom attach this month. Why not attack photobucket and ransom photo's right under photobuckets nose why would the link be direct from you photo you posted on a forum on how to get it back. I went to my account looked normal nothing there on how to get your photo's to work on forums paying 400 bucks. I would not hit the link from your missing photo on the forum to see why it's missing. Those ransom attacks do ask for about the same amount of money 300-400 I heard on the news why ask photobucket to pay 400 bucks for ransom when you can get all the member who use it and make out like a bandit at 400 bucks a pop.

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:48 am

River Rat wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:07 am
Wonder if photobucket was hacked there was a big ransom attach this month. Why not attack photobucket and ransom photo's right under photobuckets nose why would the link be direct from you photo you posted on a forum on how to get it back. I went to my account looked normal nothing there on how to get your photo's to work on forums paying 400 bucks. I would not hit the link from your missing photo on the forum to see why it's missing. Those ransom attacks do ask for about the same amount of money 300-400 I heard on the news why ask photobucket to pay 400 bucks for ransom when you can get all the member who use it and make out like a bandit at 400 bucks a pop.
Nope, not hacked..
Just AFTER I noticed that my photos weren't showing on the forum, I go the email from photo bucket stating that 3rd party hosting, ie posting the photos on forums or blogs was not allowed unless paid for.
So no, not hacked. apparently blasting your photobucket page with more pop up and obtrusive ads weren't raising enough income and they want more.
Granted, offering a place online to host billions of photos cost space and bandwidth and they need to make some money, but locking it all down without warning is what pissed me off. Well that and the fact it went from free to $400....
Greg

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Image Hosting Website Recommendations?

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am

River Rat wrote:Wonder if photobucket was hacked there was a big ransom attach this month. Why not attack photobucket and ransom photo's right under photobuckets nose why would the link be direct from you photo you posted on a forum on how to get it back. I went to my account looked normal nothing there on how to get your photo's to work on forums paying 400 bucks. I would not hit the link from your missing photo on the forum to see why it's missing. Those ransom attacks do ask for about the same amount of money 300-400 I heard on the news why ask photobucket to pay 400 bucks for ransom when you can get all the member who use it and make out like a bandit at 400 bucks a pop.

Not hacked.
http://photobucket.com/p500/
Also there are a ton of comments about it from angry users on their Facebook page.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:54 am

i never have issues with flickr, plus 1TB free storage
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:18 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:44 am
tattoo chef wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:25 am
pbj204 wrote:Does anyone use Google Photos? Do they have a limit on storage.
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides files do not count towards the storage limit. An unlimited amount of photos at maximum 16 megapixels and videos at maximum 1080p resolutions are stored for free using the "High quality" setting in Google Photos. Using the "Original quality" setting uses Google Drive quota.

Can you post to DWC directly via a cut and paste link?
tattoo chef wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:18 am
Nope. Not at this time, I do not use google photos but was checking it out and you can not get a link that will embed with image tags nor is there an IMG share link. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
I got this to work as a cut/paste from Google Photos on my desktop. Found a site that said you have to add "-tmp.jpg" to the end of the URL when you right click the image and copy the image link. Now to find a way to make it work from iPhone, etc.
https://sites.google.com/site/picasares ... o-an-image

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:12 am

I haven't read this whole thread but got this email today mirroring changes to Photobucket reported here.

I coincidentally paid my first fee (under $10) to PB a month or two ago for an additional service tier bump. All of my files are still accessible. All of my historical postings are still here as well. PB continues to operate as normal for me.

only accurate watches are interesting

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:18 am

marchone wrote:I haven't read this whole thread but got this email today mirroring changes to Photobucket reported here.

I coincidentally paid my first fee (under $10) to PB a month or two ago for an additional service tier bump. All of my files are still accessible. All of my historical postings are still here as well. PB continues to operate as normal for me.

It is most likely being rolled out and has not reached all users yet, much like an IOS update, it takes a bit for everyone to get it. Or they are hitting the heavy users first.

I deleted my photo bucket earlier this year after not using it for the past two years, and I got the photos I wanted off of it, but I will say this is absolute BS to come out of nowhere and charge $400 for third party site hosting,, the only reason people even used photobucket in the first place.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:36 am

A $400 up charge doesn't make any sense on the face of it. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.
only accurate watches are interesting

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:03 am

I'm moving to Imgur. Is there any way to salvage my Photobucket photos??? It won't let me access my album???

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:19 am

Happy with Flickr. Not perfect but no issues either.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:38 am

dnslater wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:03 am
I'm moving to Imgur. Is there any way to salvage my Photobucket photos??? It won't let me access my album???

I am having the same issues on their site as well. I can't see any of my libraries to be able to download the pictures.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Any one notice on photobucket when you try to save a photo from your photobucket account onto your computer photobucket won't let you. Tried to get some photo's that I want to keep before deleting my photobucket account. They really now have all my photo's hostage.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:00 pm

River Rat wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:42 pm
Any one notice on photobucket when you try to save a photo from your photobucket account onto your computer photobucket won't let you. Tried to get some photo's that I want to keep before deleting my photobucket account. They really now have all my photo's hostage.
I've been saving stuff I want to keep on to my iPhone from the mobile app with no problem. Luckily I already have most of my photos on Picasa and Google Photos.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:49 am

River Rat wrote:Any one notice on photobucket when you try to save a photo from your photobucket account onto your computer photobucket won't let you. Tried to get some photo's that I want to keep before deleting my photobucket account. They really now have all my photo's hostage.
They probably display the images using a Javascript viewer but there are ways around that ;) Send me a PM and let me know which images you are trying to save and I'll see if I can help.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:31 am

I saved off all my photos on friday. You can select an album and save the entire album. I followed these instructions.

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us ... ing-Albums

I then cancelled my account.