Samsung S7 Edge opinions?

Get your nerd on.
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Re: Samsung S7 Edge opinions?

Post by 59yukon01 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:56 am

djh1201 wrote:Why does everything seem to think wireless charging is such a big deal? Is it really that damn hard to plug in your phone?
It's for the same people who need the hands free parking option in their cars.:roll:

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:01 am

Henryj wrote:
fastward wrote:The reviews I saw said iPhone 7 > S7. Also, Mike pointed out the small problem with the exploding batteries.
Henry, the real question is how much do you love your wife and how much insurance does she have? :stir:
The battery issue is with the Note, not the Edge. For your other question, quite a bit and not enough.
If she is heavily invested in the Apple Universe, (iTunes, FaceTime, etc) and has had an iPhone of some time, she will probably not like the S7.
Android and Apple are both solid, it's just a personal preference.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:58 am

djh1201 wrote:Why does everything seem to think wireless charging is such a big deal? Is it really that damn hard to plug in your phone?
Well it's very convenient to just drop the phone on a wireless pad . I have several at home and in the office. It's a resting place for the phone and happens to be charging it at the same time but always ready to be picked up to text to see an email and back to charge without pluging unplugging every time

Don, the swipe doesn't work as reliably and every single time as the back button on Samsung, don't even try it, I've used it if just doesn't. On a + model with fat borders it's even more cumbersome, unreliable and drop the phone on the ground prone.

2900 mAh battery in the new 7+ will not get charged to 50% on iPhone in 30minutes from dead 0, it doesn't have Fast Charge tech like Samsung. By the way Samsung SDI makes batteries for iphones. Maybe Samsung will sell wireless and fast Charge to gApple next year. So the fanboys can call it revolutionary, muahaha

Less than .01% of 2.5 million of initial shipment of Note 7 were affected by battery issue and Samsung promptly recalled all 2.5 million. I applaud them for being a responsible manufacturer. Apple would have covered that shit up and call human error until pressed against the wall and then would have sent out ghey pink rubber bands as an apology :lol:

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:27 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Well it's very convenient to just drop the phone on a wireless pad . I have several at home and in the office. It's a resting place for the phone and happens to be charging it at the same time but always ready to be picked up to text to see an email and back to charge without pluging unplugging every time
Plus, it saves the connection port. I've seen both Apple and Android phones where the charging port gets F'D up because of overuse or misuse of the port.
With wireless charging this is not an issue.

Art, regardless of the bs im not a fanboy. I do not get into that kind of thing.
I've owned iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and the nexus line of phones. I know how to operate all of the systems. For the things that I do and like, iPhone has always been the better fit for me, but there are features I very much like on android based phones, and some that I hate as well. Just like I would change how some things operate on iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:37 am

Yes good point Don, I used to scratch the charging port to hell plugging unplugging it. If I remember correctly I had to replace a couple of RAZR phones way back when because of that :thumbsup:

Also I'm really excited to play with an iris scanner , can't wait. Not that it's an issue for me but with iris scanner a nosey girlfriend or wife can't just scan your finger while you're asleep and unlock your phone, lol :lol:

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:13 am

Panerai7 wrote:Not that it's an issue for me but with iris scanner a nosey girlfriend or wife can't just scan your finger while you're asleep and unlock your phone, lol :lol:
Major selling point :lol:
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:43 am

r.palace wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:Not that it's an issue for me but with iris scanner a nosey girlfriend or wife can't just scan your finger while you're asleep and unlock your phone, lol :lol:
:lol: you know it :cheers:

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:01 am

r.palace wrote:
I'm thinking if that's an issue, you might want to swap out more than your phone.
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Samsung S7 Edge opinions?

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:32 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:It's a button next to the center button that lets you go back one step. Instead of looking where iOS out it in different place in every damn screen and app it's always there . Makes a one handed web browsing and everything else so much easier.
And there's really no envy lol. Iphone is cheaper and less capable device that got so desperate that they give 650$ trade in towards a new one just so they can hang with Samsung sales
I took advantage of that deal for my elder mother because the less features the better for her

By the way Samsung makes inferior IPS panels for iPhone and iPad and uses their Super AMOLED and OLED panels for their own phones :thumbsup:
Back button lol.
You just swipe with an iPhone, no need for a back button. Swipe right to go back on any screen or left to advance like when in a browser etc.

I do want to do a test out of curiosity today though with charging. I have an iPhone 6s and though it is not as big or powerful as a note 5, I am pretty sure I can charge 50% in 30 min... but I will test it out today. I also have a I7 coming in a week or two, so will test with that as well.

I will say wireless charging, to me, is the one big downfall of the iPhone. Really hoped the iPhone 7 would have it, but it doesn't. Would have solved the whole charging while having lighting headphones plugged in as well.

I love iPhone and iOS but I'm the first to admit they lag in adding useful features that other phones have had for quite awhile.

While Apple may lag a bit in cutting edge features, they are also much less bug prone than any Android I've owned. I prefer the reliable, re-boot free user experience of Apple devices.

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:29 pm

I haven't experienced any bugs with any devices from Motorola, Samsung and Apple (which most parts in it are made by Samsung) the only one troubled phone I've had was from HTC a few years ago.
Android is more open and allows you to install whatever you want that may cause instability. You just need to uninstall rogue apps.

Another thing I like about Android is being able to turn off animations. I didn't see that feature on iPhone. In the beginning with an iPhone it gives you sense of fluidity, rubber band type scrolling and window opening/closing animation. After a while it just feels slow. When I press a home button I want to see my home screen instantly and so on. Those cutsey transitions are irritating

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:37 pm

It's great and simple especially when going to bed at night. Dark room, no problem to drop the phone on charging plate versus fiddling w micro USB etc.

Sent from my Moto Z Force
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:43 pm

I use mophie and their stand for charging. Maybe it's not 100% wireless charging but damn is it convenient.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:22 pm

Panerai7 wrote:I haven't experienced any bugs with any devices from Motorola, Samsung and Apple (which most parts in it are made by Samsung) the only one troubled phone I've had was from HTC a few years ago.
Android is more open and allows you to install whatever you want that may cause instability. You just need to uninstall rogue apps.

Another thing I like about Android is being able to turn off animations. I didn't see that feature on iPhone. In the beginning with an iPhone it gives you sense of fluidity, rubber band type scrolling and window opening/closing animation. After a while it just feels slow. When I press a home button I want to see my home screen instantly and so on. Those cutsey transitions are irritating
I had reduce motion on for so long I forgot what those animations were like. Forgot how annoying that was. Switched right back on after checking it out.

Reduce motion shuts it off (or more specifically changes how it animates). It's a huge difference.

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:30 pm

If some of you guys find it hard to plug the power cord into your phone...i'm not sure I should be trusting your advice on other "advanced" features. :think: :roll:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:02 am

fastward wrote:
Henryj wrote:
fastward wrote:The reviews I saw said iPhone 7 > S7. Also, Mike pointed out the small problem with the exploding batteries.
Henry, the real question is how much do you love your wife and how much insurance does she have? :stir:
The battery issue is with the Note, not the Edge. For your other question, quite a bit and not enough.
If she is heavily invested in the Apple Universe, (iTunes, FaceTime, etc) and has had an iPhone of some time, she will probably not like the S7.
Android and Apple are both solid, it's just a personal preference.
Well, you called it. She got a Samsung S7 Edge, and at the 14 day mark, she swapped it for an iPhone 7+. She decided she didn't want to (have the patience for) learn a whole new operating system.
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:08 am

Henryj wrote:She decided she didn't want to (have the patience for) learn a whole new operating system.
Or how to use a fire extinguisher.