iPhone 7 rocks!

Get your nerd on.
matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Re: iPhone 7 rocks!

Post by matt.wu » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:11 pm

^ Yup

Also, Google Photos can backup your photos to your drive. Storage is unlimited if you opt to downgrade the quality of pics and vids just slightly.
:htfu:

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:41 pm

My 7 came in today. Demoing it and it's nice. My 7+ will come in next week, looking forward to comparing the two and finding the primary phone for the next year ! The new home button is trippy lol

Sent from Tapatalk

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:07 am

My 7 comes next week. 128GB will be nice. Now I have to find a case for the thing, because they're not giving these things away.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:42 am

iPhone needs to get with it and simply allow micro SD storage. That's what I love about Android. Not only can u add a micro SD but you can allow it to actually be adoptable storage versus external storage if you prefer. That basically takes the capacity of the card, say 128gb and literally adds it to whatever came internally with the phone natively. This versus having two storage locations., One for card and one for phone.

Sent from my Moto Z Force
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:56 am

I hate that you can't recharge the phone while using ear buds now. Very inconvenient for a frequent traveler like myself. I'm thinking about passing, and seeing if I can hold out till the 8 comes out.

My 6 still runs great.
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

unixshrk
This. Truth.
Name: Chris

Post by unixshrk » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:00 am

My 6 does everything I need. I may grab a S when someone throws one up on here. I'm perfectly content with this for now. Thanks for all the new info.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:05 am

I got the new SE this year and am very happy with it. The nature of my work makes a larger phone impractical.
The deal is still tempting, though.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

unixshrk
This. Truth.
Name: Chris

Post by unixshrk » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:12 am

CGSshorty wrote:I got the new SE this year and am very happy with it. The nature of my work makes a larger phone impractical.
Not to mention you look like you have a tablet on your ear. Dumb

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:22 am

unixshrk wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:I got the new SE this year and am very happy with it. The nature of my work makes a larger phone impractical.
Not to mention you look like you have a tablet on your ear. Dumb
I certainly couldn't get the Plus, and I even find the standard version to he borderline too large.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:56 am

SCM64 wrote:I hate that you can't recharge the phone while using ear buds now. Very inconvenient for a frequent traveler like myself. I'm thinking about passing, and seeing if I can hold out till the 8 comes out.

My 6 still runs great.
There are already inexpensive solutions available, adapters that plug in and allow both.

I'm using Beats2 wireless earbuds and they are fantastic. Great sound, comfortable, and about 6 hours battery life.

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:13 am

hoppyjr wrote:
SCM64 wrote:I hate that you can't recharge the phone while using ear buds now. Very inconvenient for a frequent traveler like myself. I'm thinking about passing, and seeing if I can hold out till the 8 comes out.

My 6 still runs great.
There are already inexpensive solutions available, adapters that plug in and allow both.

I'm using Beats2 wireless earbuds and they are fantastic. Great sound, comfortable, and about 6 hours battery life.
I prefer wired ear buds, for several reasons. Do they have solutions for that? :think:
Steven

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:18 am

SCM64 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

My 6 still runs great.

I prefer wired ear buds, for several reasons. Do they have solutions for that? :think:
Here is just one, but there are others.

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8J198/?cl ... us&irgwc=1

You could keep on with your travel headphones.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:56 am

good to hear positive stuff--only a matter of time before I get a 7....

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:19 am

hoppyjr wrote:
SCM64 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

My 6 still runs great.

Here is just one, but there are others.

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8J198/?cl ... us&irgwc=1

You could keep on with your travel headphones.
Well then... I'll have to reconsider. Thank you. :cheers:
Steven

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:24 am

I searched high and low for a brand new 5s the last time around that I needed a phone because I loved the size. I finally got it and the SE released maybe three months later. I really don't get the point of the oversized phone. I'm constantly in and out of cars and I've cracked an oversized phone screen just having it in my pocket.

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:56 am

Torrid wrote:
I searched high and low for a brand new 5s the last time around that I needed a phone because I loved the size. I finally got it and the SE released maybe three months later. I really don't get the point of the oversized phone. I'm constantly in and out of cars and I've cracked an oversized phone screen just having it in my pocket.
Knock it off with the skinny jeans, and your problems are solved!

:)

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:01 am

matt.wu wrote:
Torrid wrote:

:grin:
Seriously though, how does anyone fit a plus-sized iPhone in a normal jeans pocket, though?

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:06 am

dukerules wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Torrid wrote:

Seriously though, how does anyone fit a plus-sized iPhone in a normal jeans pocket, though?
Stop bragging. There are lots of people with plenty of room in their front pocket - or so I've heard.

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:31 am

ericf4 wrote:iPhone needs to get with it and simply allow micro SD storage. That's what I love about Android. Not only can u add a micro SD but you can allow it to actually be adoptable storage versus external storage if you prefer. That basically takes the capacity of the card, say 128gb and literally adds it to whatever came internally with the phone natively. This versus having two storage locations., One for card and one for phone.

Blasphemy!!! Please report for reeducation and your apple koolaid.

I just replaced my 5 with a 6S plus, should have waited a month. I initially thought it was too big but now that I'm used to it I can't go back. I gave the 5 to the wife to replace her Samsung and can't get over how small the screen seems in comparison.

nweash
Name: Nick

iPhone 7 rocks!

Post by nweash » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:41 am

dukerules wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Torrid wrote:

Back left pocket.

I was against all the plus sized phones too. Use one for a day or two and you can't go back. The 6 and lower feels like a phone for ants.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:20 pm

dukerules wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Torrid wrote:

My bro and his wife have a 6+.
The MF can't even put it in his pockets, he has to carry it or she puts it in her purse. I don't get it at all, it takes away the most important thing about a cell phone, the convenience of having it with you.
Just get an iPad mini and a phone that fits in your pants.

I'm excited to see the screen upgrade from 5s-7. I know it's a little bigger and I'm ok w that- I also know the resolution is better as well and I can't wait.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:23 pm

james80 wrote:
ericf4 wrote:iPhone needs to get with it and simply allow micro SD storage. That's what I love about Android. Not only can u add a micro SD but you can allow it to actually be adoptable storage versus external storage if you prefer. That basically takes the capacity of the card, say 128gb and literally adds it to whatever came internally with the phone natively. This versus having two storage locations., One for card and one for phone.

Blasphemy!!! Please report for reeducation and your apple koolaid.

I just replaced my 5 with a 6S plus, should have waited a month. I initially thought it was too big but now that I'm used to it I can't go back. I gave the 5 to the wife to replace her Samsung and can't get over how small the screen seems in comparison.
Meh..not a fan.,.nice hardware, but it ends there for me

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:47 pm

Coming from an off-contract iPhone 5 I should be champing at the bit for a new 7 or 7 Plus but I'm not. I may even see if I can stretch it another year (if software upgrades remain compatible) and wait for the 8. It just took iOS10 without a hiccup.
only accurate watches are interesting

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:50 pm

BBK357 wrote:
dukerules wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Torrid wrote:

My bro and his wife have a 6+.
The MF can't even put it in his pockets, he has to carry it or she puts it in her purse. I don't get it at all, it takes away the most important thing about a cell phone, the convenience of having it with you.
Just get an iPad mini and a phone that fits in your pants.

I'm excited to see the screen upgrade from 5s-7. I know it's a little bigger and I'm ok w that- I also know the resolution is better as well and I can't wait.
You'll be really happy jumping from the 5S.

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:53 pm

I'll upgrade from a 6s within the next year. No rush.

I was in an Apple Store year day afternoon and they were at least 50 employees still there. They had lines in the morning, but by 2pm the iPhone 7 crowd had slowed down.