Project ARA-Pretty dang cool looking phone.

Get your nerd on.
ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:25 pm

I can't wait to see how the Google modular phone turns out.

No, it's not Tourettes.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Re: Project ARA-Pretty dang cool looking phone.

Post by matt.wu » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:47 pm

Super interesting to me. That's great!
:htfu:

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:35 pm

being a phone junkie and Android fan I'm very interested. Lots of potential

greenlightning
The Dude
Name: Kris

Post by greenlightning » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:40 pm

What are you talking about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:00 pm

https://atap.google.com/ara/
http://www.popsci.com/googles-modular-p ... -fall-2016

Project Ara, Google's version of the Phonebloks project, is similar to most Android phones, but with an emphasis placed on modularity. Instead of buying one phone and being stuck with a single configuration, the phone's frame allows you to change out various parts of the device as necessary, making upgrading your phone as easy as swapping CDs in a CD player or changing Game Boy games. The idea is fairly retro, but the benefits, if executed right, could make waves across smartphones as we know them.

The Hapa

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:16 pm

I love the idea of modular phones hence my new moto Z force., mods rule.

Sent from my Moto Z Force
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:24 am

Just was reading up on this and the Moto Z. I'm not into accessories for my phone or gimmicks.
I don't want to have 10 clip on parts for my phone, I just want my phone (or computer that makes calls as that's what they really are).

What I do like about this concept would be if this changes how phones are sold in the next few years and instead of upgrading, being able to replace parts on it to either replace broken ones or to to upgrade things such as camera or screen etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:55 am

cool that Moto/Lenovo has alreadty stated that mods sold for this Moto Z will all work on the future versions....WIll need to see if they hold to that or not though. The Z Force is best device ive used.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:37 am

tattoo chef wrote:Just was reading up on this and the Moto Z. I'm not into accessories for my phone or gimmicks.
I don't want to have 10 clip on parts for my phone, I just want my phone (or computer that makes calls as that's what they really are).

What I do like about this concept would be if this changes how phones are sold in the next few years and instead of upgrading, being able to replace parts on it to either replace broken ones or to to upgrade things such as camera or screen etc.

+1
only accurate watches are interesting

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:50 am

ericf4 wrote:cool that Moto/Lenovo has alreadty stated that mods sold for this Moto Z will all work on the future versions....WIll need to see if they hold to that or not though. The Z Force is best device ive used.
Have you used Galaxy Notes?
Note 5 and the newer 7 run circles around that Moto. Best screens and cameras on the market even apple fanboys admitted that.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:04 am

Panerai7 wrote:
ericf4 wrote:cool that Moto/Lenovo has alreadty stated that mods sold for this Moto Z will all work on the future versions....WIll need to see if they hold to that or not though. The Z Force is best device ive used.
Have you used Galaxy Notes?
Note 5 and the newer 7 run circles around that Moto. Best screens and cameras on the market even apple fanboys admitted that.
yep i have....Dude hate to say that the Moto z is doing better than note 7 in most online reviews ive seen so far...Battery life, lack of sluggishness and seemless use, host of other items ive read and viewed vids of online...Even doing high CPU stuff like editing video taken on device, Moto KIlled the Note 7 by 2x....thats crazy......Lots of head to head video reviews out there testing these 2 devices side by side. Plus samsung Touch Wiz skin is awful and shows the whole thing down....Moto uses near stock android. WAY better experience and speed....Totally personal preferences i know but when you see them test side by side its tough to overlook....My Moto Z Force is a speed demon and a battery life monster...

ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:15 am

tattoo chef wrote:Just was reading up on this and the Moto Z. I'm not into accessories for my phone or gimmicks.

Smartphones do more than just make phone calls. They are total communication devices. The ability to replace/upgrade any of the phone components could be the ultimate smartphone design. Assuming the ARA, like current Nexus phones, is compatible with all carriers including Project Fi, there wouldn't ever be a need for another phone. I just hope the design isn't too bulky.
No, it's not Tourettes.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:22 am

Here is the next mod i want for my Moto Z Force...this will be awesome

https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/24/mot ... a-motomod/

http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-elus ... om_id84477

kfalk
Old Chub
Name: Kelly

Post by kfalk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:27 am

C'mon, Don. They were counting on your support.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:33 am

kfalk wrote:

C'mon, Don. They were counting on your support.

Lol. um..NO

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:53 am

Will have to watch some reviews on Moto.

Although my Note 5 has no lag and the camera is amazing and we all know Samsung makes the best panels. I tell you every time I have to do something on my mother's iPhone 6S it irritates the living shit out of me...where TF is the back button, lol
Last edited by Panerai7 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:03 am

Panerai7 wrote:Will have to watch some reviews on Moto.

Lots out there on video etc...Thats what threw me over the top to buy one...also had a Moto X Pure edition which i loved.

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:18 am

'Chief Electrical Engineer' forgetting to switch phone on...priceless

:roll:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:23 am

Although my Note 5 has no lag and the camera is amazing and we all know Samsung makes the best panels. I tell you every time I have to do something on my mother's iPhone 6S it irritates the living shit out of me...where TF is the back button, lol

AGREED....Samsung panels rule, but now the Z has greatly closed the GAP and even has higher PPI than note 7. Really its personal preference now as to which "looks better" to a user....IPhon....ugh

greenlightning
The Dude
Name: Kris

Post by greenlightning » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:30 am

I originally switch have to Samsung years ago because they had a larger screen before apple offered one. Now I keep it because of the back button.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:33 am

greenlightning wrote:

I originally switch have to Samsung years ago because they had a larger screen before apple offered one. Now I keep it because of the back button.

I feel like a half-tard when I try to use a apple pc/tablet/phone