Chomecast sucks don't buy

Get your nerd on.
River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Chomecast sucks don't buy

Post by River Rat » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:00 am

Well I been using chromecast ever since it came out. It would have some hiccups I noticed last year were I could not get Netflix to broadcast at times. But after getting back from a 11 day backpacking trip could not get any thing to broadcast the tablet could not find the connection to the TV. So I did the reset button on the chromecast device plugged in the TV. Well it said I had to down load a app the tablet was rigged up to cast were I did not need a app I guess chromecast now does a app long story short the app did work for a day the next day back to square one same problem as before had to do the reset put in code to the internet again and it says ready to cast to my net work but could not find chromecast device this was getting old even down loaded the app to a different device my cell phone same problem with the app so not the devices then I read recent comments on the chromecast app every body having the same problem. So avoid there piece of shit google don't know WTF they are doing. So bought the Roku stick even has a remote control more easy to use no app were shit can screw up so far so good even has some free movie channels. Any one thinking of buying a streaming device for there TV Roku is the way to go best buy had it for 39 bucks shipped got it in two days and that's fast shipping for MT.
Last edited by River Rat on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Re: Chomecast sucks don't buy

Post by mikeylacroix » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:12 am

Was looking at the Roku stick...seems to be the best bang for buck if not on 4k tv recently

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:25 am

mikeylacroix wrote:Was looking at the Roku stick...seems to be the best bang for buck if not on 4k tv recently
Had to look up 4k TV I guess those are TV rigged up for streaming no devices like Roku needed my flat screen TV still good but when it takes a dump I will go that way these device all ways have a flaw were they take a dump on you or like when I put in nest thermostat the app for it would not work in my older cell phone since it was older model had to get a new cell phone to control the thermostat from the cell phone.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:12 am

River Rat wrote:
mikeylacroix wrote:Was looking at the Roku stick...seems to be the best bang for buck if not on 4k tv recently
Had to look up 4k TV I guess those are TV rigged up for streaming no devices like Roku needed my flat screen TV still good but when it takes a dump I will go that way these device all ways have a flaw were they take a dump on you or like when I put in nest thermostat the app for it would not work in my older cell phone since it was older model had to get a new cell phone to control the thermostat from the cell phone.
Mike...not a single period or comma?

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:24 am

One period. At the end.
only accurate watches are interesting

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:33 am

I prefer chrome jobs.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

ikkoku
Stink Eye Extraordinaire

Post by ikkoku » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:00 pm

Are both the devices connected to the same wifi network?

That's usually the problem I have (I have multiple ssids setup)

What I do hope is that they fix their chromecast extension to chrome browser. That thing crashes too much

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Yeah, Chromecast is surprisingly terrible for a Google product.
:htfu:

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Had mine over a year, as a matter of fact, bought it off someone here at DWC.
No issues. I am switching to ROKU only because it does Amazon steaming and I'm giving up Netflix for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:15 pm

andrema wrote:
River Rat wrote:
Give the man a break, he used them all up in the first post.

dshap
Favorite shirt size: Schmedium.
Name: David

Post by dshap » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:19 pm

The first gen was kind of shitty, however, the second gen works well.
-David

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:06 pm

I no issue mine
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:13 pm

james80 wrote:
andrema wrote:
River Rat wrote:
Give the man a break, he used up his yearly "period quota" in the first post. There will be no further punctuation in 2016 unless he finds some while fishing.

FIFY

ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:14 pm

I've owned and have had success with most Google products, Chrome browser, Chromebook, Android cell phone, but Chromecast was shipped back to Amazon after a few weeks. It worked well at times, but would inexplicably fail to find my network at other times. IMO, Roku works much better.
streetracer101 wrote:I prefer chrome jobs.
Who doesn't?
No, it's not Tourettes.