ATT Giga Power

Get your nerd on.
ericf4
(TBD) Penis

ATT Giga Power

Post by ericf4 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:44 pm

Any of you guys use this yet? They are coming out this weekend to set it up...F'n 1GB download speeds via fiber direct to the house....I see many are also getting near that in upload speeds....thats nuts....Can't wait. This will help all the streaming we do but also the home automation we have run thru the house, cameras, locks, panels, thermostats, Video doorbell etc as that shit takes upload bandwidth as i understand it. Should be sweet.

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

foodle

Re: ATT Giga Power

Post by foodle » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:00 pm

I don't see how your home automation stuff would make any demands on upload bandwidth unless it's using cloud resources or sending your usage data to the manufacturer. I would expect all of your home automation devices just talk to each other within the home network. Maybe if you're streaming your camera output to the net for remote viewing in which case Terry might take an interest.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:03 pm

foodle wrote:I don't see how your home automation stuff would make any demands on upload bandwidth unless it's using cloud resources or sending your usage data to the manufacturer. I would expect all of your home automation devices just talk to each other within the home network. Maybe if you're streaming your camera output to the net for remote viewing in which case Terry might take an interest.

i thought they said the cameras etc drew bandwidth as somehow its connected into our wifi, as well as Z Wave shit....no clue...Thats what the tech said so i assume he knows what he's talking about. The camera feeds and clips recorded maybe do go to their servers since it makes them available on all my devices, the web etc

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:07 pm

How much 'BlackZilla" pr0n can one Eric stream?

:lol:
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Dude a ton....

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:00 pm

No bandwith issues at my home. Old school hard wire - keys and wired speakers.
The Hapa

foodle

Post by foodle » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:07 pm

HapaHapa wrote: Old school hard wire - keys and wired speakers.
:think:

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:12 pm

Skynet approves of this message.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

SuperLeo
Name: Leo

Post by SuperLeo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:50 pm

It's available at my parents house. I get half off since I work for them. Tempted to get the 1gb speeds
patstarrx wrote:Well, you used a lot of big words, which I don't understand.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:53 pm

That shits crazy SL...ID get on it especially if you get half off. Think of the selfies you could upload!!

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:35 pm

jeckyll wrote:How much 'BlackZilla" pr0n can one Eric stream?

:lol:
Uploading ?? :shock:

elgrande
Name: elgrande

Post by elgrande » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:34 pm

ericf4 wrote:Any of you guys use this yet? They are coming out this weekend to set it up...F'n 1GB download speeds via fiber direct to the house....I see many are also getting near that in upload speeds....thats nuts....Can't wait. This will help all the streaming we do but also the home automation we have run thru the house, cameras, locks, panels, thermostats, Video doorbell etc as that shit takes upload bandwidth as i understand it. Should be sweet.

I've had it for about 6 months. No need to wait for google fiber. FTTH is FTTH no matter who carries it. Just be aware that on wifi with 802.11ac interface you will only see about 400 meg down. If you want to get close to 1 gig, you need to be on CAT 5. Once you are over 50 meg, it is all the same my friend. Enjoy it! Let me know if you have any questions.
Squale 30 ATMOS GMT Pan America 1545PAG, Bernhardt Binnacle Diver, Citizen Eco CA0331-56L, Citizen Eco BN0151-09L

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:42 pm

elgrande wrote:
ericf4 wrote:Any of you guys use this yet? They are coming out this weekend to set it up...F'n 1GB download speeds via fiber direct to the house....I see many are also getting near that in upload speeds....thats nuts....Can't wait. This will help all the streaming we do but also the home automation we have run thru the house, cameras, locks, panels, thermostats, Video doorbell etc as that shit takes upload bandwidth as i understand it. Should be sweet.

I've had it for about 6 months. No need to wait for google fiber. FTTH is FTTH no matter who carries it. Just be aware that on wifi with 802.11ac interface you will only see about 400 meg down. If you want to get close to 1 gig, you need to be on CAT 5. Once you are over 50 meg, it is all the same my friend. Enjoy it! Let me know if you have any questions.
CAT5e, right? :mrgreen:

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:27 am

toxicavenger wrote:
elgrande wrote:

Geek. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:54 am

jeckyll wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
elgrande wrote:

Geek. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
:salute:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:32 pm

So this has been great so far. Net is rocking and I'm even getting faster upload speeds than download. I started with the 300mps plan before going to 1gb just to check it out. I don't think I'll need the 1gb tier as I'm getting like 350 down and about that up. Makes a huge difference for our streaming etc.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:32 pm

what kind of router and modem do you have?

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:23 pm

Not sure offhand. I'll look tomorrow. Whatever they set up for me.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:07 pm

Its an ARRIS NVG599....

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Does this connect via a coax input (like cable broadband) or via phone lines (like DSL)? I'm curious about the connection to & in the home.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:11 pm

fiber to my house,,,,,,Coax type cable into the router

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:07 pm

Sounds good. I'll check it out.

elgrande
Name: elgrande

Post by elgrande » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:57 am

toxicavenger wrote:
elgrande wrote:

Duh, I guess? I have never tried it. OTA is fast enough for me.
Squale 30 ATMOS GMT Pan America 1545PAG, Bernhardt Binnacle Diver, Citizen Eco CA0331-56L, Citizen Eco BN0151-09L

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:46 am

elgrande wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
elgrande wrote:

Duh, I guess? I have never tried it. OTA is fast enough for me.
CAT5 can do 10/100 Mbps, CAT5e can run 1000/100 Mbps. So I was just picking with you. :salute:

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:05 am

Ya know, I kinda wish I understood more of what this thread is all about. I'm getting about one word in ten.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.