Just bought an Xbox One (with all the Halo games)

Get your nerd on.
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Just bought an Xbox One (with all the Halo games)

Post by Joeprez » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:19 pm

So, I had bought the Wii U for little Héctor when Estefanía was born (last September) and everything was great... we play every Friday night and on weekends.

Meanwhile, I was using my old xbox 360 for streaming (netflix, hbo go) and watching DVDs, and then the DVD player of the xbox broke. In an interesting turn of events, I was able to convince my wife that instead a $100 blu ray player, we needed the xbox one :stir: :headbang:

Got it a couple of days ago, with the Master Chief Collection game, which is a bundle of Halo games 1 to 4. Played last night for the first time and all I can say is, Halo 4 looks awesome!!

Anyone else currently playing online one of these games?

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: Just bought an Xbox One (with all the Halo games)

Post by BBK357 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:06 pm

I still have the 360. I want a One really, really bad but I cannot imagine getting rid of all my games. If you could play 360 games on the One I would have bought it by now.
I am sure eventually I will... but I have games that I bought and have not gotten around to playing yet. I still haven't finished the latest COD.

We have had a Wii for a long time. Well my little nephews convinced me and my son that Wii U is the way to go so I bought one last month. Its awesome to see Mario in HD. The only game my son can play is Mario Kart. Its great to see him get into it as Ive always questioned his hand-eye coordination.

Maybe around the holiday season i can be convinced to buy a One...
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:13 pm

My son and I really like playing super mario bros and mario kart. Bought him a Sonic The Hedgehog game, but its too fast for him.

foodle

Post by foodle » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:21 pm

400 hours into the game and the new expansion comes out next month.

Made by Bungie, so the gameplay is like Halo++.

ZASKAR36
Name: Corey

Post by ZASKAR36 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:53 pm

I have a ps4, 360. And PS3. I think the 360 and PS3 are retired. Just been playing PS4 lately. Finished GTA5, Tomb Raider, and 2nd Son...just about to start Destiny...that's gonna be a time commitment.

Also been playing a lot of Evolve on PC.

Looking forward to Uncharted 4.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:01 pm

Shit, my last Xbox was the original, my last Wii as well, and my last PS was the PS2. I just don't have as much time as I'd like to for playing these games - however I do bring out the Wii when there's a family party, that's always a good time.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:43 am

Unfortunately, I also have limited time to play with the xbox, but if anyone is playing Halo or Forza online, let me know, I'll make some time :cheers:

I have to say, as a "media center", the xbox is really great, it has a "pass-through" hdmi port so you can connect your cable/sat box and control it from the xbox (better guide), and switching to nexflix/hulu/hbogo/xbox video, is easier.

Safetystop
Diving (muff) is not a team sport.
Name: Dr. Eaton Beaver

Post by Safetystop » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:15 am

Joeprez wrote:Unfortunately, I also have limited time to play with the xbox, but if anyone is playing Halo or Forza online, let me know, I'll make some time :cheers:

I have to say, as a "media center", the xbox is really great, it has a "pass-through" hdmi port so you can connect your cable/sat box and control it from the xbox (better guide), and switching to nexflix/hulu/hbogo/xbox video, is easier.
You should have gotten it with the Kinect sensor. You'd never need a remote again. :dance:

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Safetystop wrote:
Joeprez wrote:Unfortunately, I also have limited time to play with the xbox, but if anyone is playing Halo or Forza online, let me know, I'll make some time :cheers:

You should have gotten it with the Kinect sensor. You'd never need a remote again. :dance:
I will get that soon :stir:

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:39 pm

My son loves the One. Plays Forza Horizon and Destiny the most. I really wish I had time to play it. For me, it's mainly a Netflix and Blu-Ray box.