netflix

Get your nerd on.
425ranger
OMGWTFBBQ
Name: Bill

Re: netflix

Post by 425ranger » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Roku 2 HD, 59$ everywhere.... only thing missing is a USB port.
Retired
Key West, FL
Have a sparkling day.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:26 pm

toxicavenger wrote:RR are talking about google chrome browser?
Yes and the down load was full of pop ups

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:29 pm

River Rat wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:RR are talking about google chrome browser?
Yes and the down load was full of pop ups
so did you actually go directly to google to download it? i have never had this issue at all. and what antivirus are you using?

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Kaspersky and a free one Malwarebyt that I use some times I used that free one to scan when I started getting those pop ups and it found a shit load of stuff compared to the one I pay for.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:59 pm

I use firefox and it has one of the better pop up blocker I down loaded the google chrome browser using firefox looked on line there was a lot of complaints about firefox getting a lot of pop ups lately could of happen in the down load I bet some one found a weakness on firefox when you down load ?

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:02 pm

download google browser here mike https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

i don't use kaspersky i use avast or avg which are some of the top free antivirus software out there imo.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:09 pm

toxicavenger wrote:download google browser here mike https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

i don't use kaspersky i use avast or avg which are some of the top free antivirus software out there imo.
That the one I down loaded I think I will stay away from that it's working from the tab don't need it on the laptop. mite try those free spyware avast or avg to see how good they are.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:14 pm

avast has worked the best for me for the last few years and won't let b.s. stuff download onto your computer. the only deal is you have to delete your other anivirus also because two antivirus working together can cause a whole bunch more headaches.

if you have more problems and you can spare not having your laptop for a week you can send it to me and I will clean it all up for you and make sure it is working correctly. of course this would be for free. just a option

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:21 pm

toxicavenger wrote:avast has worked the best for me for the last few years and won't let b.s. stuff download onto your computer. the only deal is you have to delete your other anivirus also because two antivirus working together can cause a whole bunch more headaches.

if you have more problems and you can spare not having your laptop for a week you can send it to me and I will clean it all up for you and make sure it is working correctly. of course this would be for free. just a option
Thanks I will think about it. I think the screen is on the way out needs to warm up in the morning for the screen to be clear it mite be taking a dump and maybe not worth the time of you working on it. I just mite need to by another laptop won't be a HP.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:32 pm

River Rat wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:avast has worked the best for me for the last few years and won't let b.s. stuff download onto your computer. the only deal is you have to delete your other anivirus also because two antivirus working together can cause a whole bunch more headaches.

Thanks I will think about it. I think the screen is on the way out needs to warm up in the morning for the screen to be clear it mite be taking a dump and maybe not worth the time of you working on it. I just mite need to by another laptop won't be a HP.
actually screens on laptops are pretty easy to change and i can do that also, you just have to buy the screen. i usually get them off of ebay for around 40-65 dollars.

the biggest thing is how old is your laptop and what operating system system is it running?

AntonioPD
Name: Tony

Post by AntonioPD » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:22 pm

^^^ Terry FTW. :clap:
Resistance is the indicator of progress.
- Clint Bruce USN (Retired)

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, Seiko Save the Ocean Turtle, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Well I signed up for netflix then down loaded the app for netflix to the galaxy Tab I all ready had the chomecast set up on the TV and the Tab tested it with free stuff from youtube the other day to make sure it works. Well I tried to watch a movie and it did not work gave me a error code called netflix and the problem on there side dam it was a pain to hook all this stuff up and all for nothing. Well I got a month free of netflix if they get it fixed I will keep it I guess netflix has a problem connecting to chromecast wonder why youtube don't.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Well I got netflix working from the Galaxy Tab I had to reset the tab back to factory specs then re-down load the netflix app and now she works. The quality of the movies on the flat screen TV surprised me that chromecast works good after I got the kinks out. And the sound is great to I have a Bose sound system for the tv.

jln319
Name: -jeff

Post by jln319 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:35 pm

We just got Roku 3. We have apple TV too. Roku 3 is hands down better. The apple Tv sits and spins periodically(buffering I assume), the Roku 3 has never done this... Easy to set up and it was $10 cheaper than Apple Tv... just my experience, YMMV..
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right. Henry Ford.

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:45 pm

We have a 'smart' tv, but while watching Netflix or Hulu we get messages that the internet is not connected.
WTF?
Isn't why we have 'smart' tv?
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:51 pm

aikiman44 wrote:We have a 'smart' tv, but while watching Netflix or Hulu we get messages that the internet is not connected.
WTF?
Isn't why we have 'smart' tv?
maybe your tv is missing a chromosome? kind of like patti

Tomsimac
Name: Tom McCarty

Post by Tomsimac » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 pm

I used :rock: :rock: a Roku 2, and then I got the Apple puck. Wow

Huge difference as Apple actually has a different deal on streaming. I got CC right away and interface is great. Airplay allows me to stream from iPad or iPhone, iPod etc. I also just bought the Sony Super wifi and it has Neflix as well

If you need a quality CC, one that works well, just check out the Apple. Its my default. Kept Poku plugged into HDMI 4 on TV for Pandora and Wifi headphones. Also thumb drive movies I shrunk from copies and travel

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm glad you posted that as I've been on the fence between the two. My laptop is on its last leg and I'll probably get an iPad Air this summer. I'm hoping that adding Apple TV will get me off Time Warner Cable's premium billing. At least I hope so.
only accurate watches are interesting

Knome
Name: Ken

Post by Knome » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:08 pm

so many options out there I usually recommend the ecosystem whatever the person asking is already more heavily invested in. If they own an iphone, ipad, and maybe even a mac/macbook already, the apple TV will generally be the the one they'll be most satisfied with, not to mention whatever apple does well within its service on top of all that.

If they're on android and basically have their entire life/calendar/contacts/chrome settings tied to their google acct a chromecast works incredible well for how new it is. I just have to include the caveat that the chromecast should have an extremely good access to a strong wifi signal or just be close to the base station, not your phone or tablet. Your phone or tablet controls the chromecast but it's not streaming media to it (unless you're doing screen mirroring I think) the chromecast is getting all it's media content directly from your network connection.