Can't believe I have gone this long...

Get your nerd on.
ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Can't believe I have gone this long...

Post by ezcheese » Wed May 23, 2012 5:27 pm

...before trying Opera Mobile on my phone. it is leaps and bounds better than any other Android browser. Hell, I probably won't use tapatalk anymore now that I'm using Opera. I highly recommend giving it a go on your Android device if you haven't already.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dosei
Closet Baller
Name: Dennis

Re: Can't believe I have gone this long...

Post by dosei » Thu May 24, 2012 12:15 pm

ezcheese wrote:...before trying Opera Mobile on my phone. it is leaps and bounds better than any other Android browser. Hell, I probably won't use tapatalk anymore now that I'm using Opera. I highly recommend giving it a go on your Android device if you haven't already.
Derek, what are the advantages of Opera? I downloaded it but didn't like it anymore than the native browser.

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Thu May 24, 2012 6:15 pm

And how does it compare to chrome beta?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Greg

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Thu May 24, 2012 6:17 pm

It's way better on my phone (samsung droid charge.) The pages load faster and they don't jerk to the top of the screen after completely loading if you go ahead and start scrolling down before it's completely finished like stock and dolphin do.

The input boxes for messages here on dwc are much better when navigating longer messages. Opera mobile also scores really high on html 5 compliance, which just generally means it handles the latest code on websites better. Over all just a better user experience for me.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Thu May 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Chrome beta isn't available on my phone so I can't compare them. They are probably pretty comparable though. I think they get similar scores on http://html5test.com
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

apnk
Supergluing Miscreant
Name: Juan

Post by apnk » Thu May 24, 2012 6:21 pm

ezcheese wrote:...before trying Opera Mobile on my phone. it is leaps and bounds better than any other Android browser. Hell, I probably won't use tapatalk anymore now that I'm using Opera. I highly recommend giving it a go on your Android device if you haven't already.

Opera is my favorite browser, been using it since my first smart phone. It's my main browser on the computer as well and if you set up an account with opera you can sync bookmarks, history, and the speed dials.

Isthmus
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Gabe

Post by Isthmus » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Opera mobile is good, but Chrome beta is as fast and has MANY more features (as well as it syncs to your chrome browser on any other device). If you have the option to run chrome beta on android, use that, you will not be disappointed.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Isthmus wrote:Opera mobile is good, but Chrome beta is as fast and has MANY more features (as well as it syncs to your chrome browser on any other device). If you have the option to run chrome beta on android, use that, you will not be disappointed.
Still a no-go on my phone and many many others. Otherwise I would be using it. :thumbsup:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sharkfin
Name: Dave

Post by sharkfin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:06 pm

+1
Opera is good for me on Iphone & Android.

Isthmus
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Gabe

Post by Isthmus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:46 pm

ezcheese wrote:
Isthmus wrote:Opera mobile is good, but Chrome beta is as fast and has MANY more features (as well as it syncs to your chrome browser on any other device). If you have the option to run chrome beta on android, use that, you will not be disappointed.
Still a no-go on my phone and many many others. Otherwise I would be using it. :thumbsup:
Yeah the Beta Version of Chrome for Android is only available the Devices running 4.0 or higher. Google did say that they would be releasing it stable in a few weeks and would be turning it into the default android browser. I hope they make it available to all devices.