The Apple downhill slide

Get your nerd on.
vbuskirk
Thread Jacker Extraordinaire
Name: Chris

The Apple downhill slide

Post by vbuskirk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Is it my imagination, or has my iPhone's safari browser gotten worse lately. Lots of probs in this latest biz trip.
Chris

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Re: The Apple downhill slide

Post by ezcheese » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:53 pm

I don't use Emily's iPhone enough to tell, but the title brings up an interesting question that I have been pondering lately. What will become of Apple once Jobs is out for good? I have a feeling that Apple will become a shell of its former self (as it did the first time Jobs left) and perhaps become completely irrelevant in the tech world.

I would like to think this won't be the case and that they will continue innovating. After all, I have been an Apple fanboy for the last 15 or so years. I just don't see good things for Apple in the future unless they can snag another visionary like Jobs once he's gone.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:14 pm

Recently, I've been using the Safari browser more and have not noticed any problems with it.

FlyPenFly
Name: Off, Jerk

Post by FlyPenFly » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:16 pm

There's a secret 50 year plan Jobs wrote out hidden inside a vault deep inside Apple's new humngoid HQ that they're building.

Honestly though, I'm not too worried. The market will decide winners and a continued Apple dominance will eventually end in the same way Google ended Yahoo, the next Google will end Google and the next Apple will emerge. Hopefully it's here and not China.

Hint: an iPhone backup/restore can fix a lot of weird problems if you haven't done that in a while. You'll notice a speedup.

Also, iOS5 Safari is the bomb. If only it had native adblocking...

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:23 pm

fuck APPLE

I'll admit, I've been a buyer of their products since the late 90's BUT with the exception of my old school iPod, it's all shit.

edit: posting this from my 2005 iMac G5 :dance:

Isthmus
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Gabe

Post by Isthmus » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:08 am

I actually like Safari on IOS, but I'm not a fan of it on Lion. ON the Mac, I much prefer Chrome and Firefox. The new Chrome 13 is a little monster.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:09 am

Isthmus wrote:I actually like Safari on IOS, but I'm not a fan of it on Lion. ON the Mac, I much prefer Chrome and Firefox. The new Chrome 13 is a little monster.
I no longer use Safari on my Mac. Chrome full-time now.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯