Post by Pasquale » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Pasquale

NSC

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Re: new sprint evo in 3D?

Post by craniotes » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Meh. I've been messing around with a co-worker's EVO 3D at work helping him set it up (homie upgraded from a freakin' Treo 650p), and while the new Sense upgrades make for some cool eye candy, the 3D crap is a real eye-strainer after a bit and you've gotta hold it just right to get the full effect, which isn't really all that impressive to tell the truth. Don't get me wrong, its blazingly fast, and I love, love, love the camera button (if only it activated a camera as good as the shooter on the iPhone 4), but if you're expecting to be blown away after coming off of a 4G, you're bound to be disappointed.

Would I get one? Sure, if my contract was up for renewal -- it's the best phone Sprint's got at the moment -- but otherwise the EVO 4G still holds its own.

Regards,
Adam

PS - I'm eligible to upgrade in October, at which time it's rumored that Sprint will have the iPhone 5...
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks AC. I'm also up in Oct. I'm happy with my current evo at the time..
Phone technology is always upgrading...
Pasquale

NSC

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:08 pm

craniotes wrote:Meh. I've been messing around with a co-worker's EVO 3D at work helping him set it up (homie upgraded from a freakin' Treo 650p), and while the new Sense upgrades make for some cool eye candy, the 3D crap is a real eye-strainer after a bit and you've gotta hold it just right to get the full effect, which isn't really all that impressive to tell the truth. Don't get me wrong, its blazingly fast, and I love, love, love the camera button (if only it activated a camera as good as the shooter on the iPhone 4), but if you're expecting to be blown away after coming off of a 4G, you're bound to be disappointed.

Would I get one? Sure, if my contract was up for renewal -- it's the best phone Sprint's got at the moment -- but otherwise the EVO 4G still holds its own.

Regards,
Adam

PS - I'm eligible to upgrade in October, at which time it's rumored that Sprint will have the iPhone 5...

Adam, I thought I read somewhere that you were excited about this one? Personally I think the whole 3D garbage is ridiculous, with the new smart phones and HDTVs.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

userfriendly

Post by userfriendly » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:34 pm

I have been using Sense 2.1/3.0 mix on a custom ROM and I like the features in the notifications bar. I would probably get headaches from the 3D though and would not prefer to have it to extend battery life (HTC is not the best with battery life). HTC is coming out with some nice phones though like this one, the sensation, and the upcoming non 3D version of the EVO.
--Jay--

craniotes
Thread Pooper

Post by craniotes » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 am

ezcheese wrote:Adam, I thought I read somewhere that you were excited about this one? Personally I think the whole 3D garbage is ridiculous, with the new smart phones and HDTVs.
I was excited about the EVO 3D until I got some decent facetime with one. It's a great phone, and certainly a worthy successor to the EVO 4G, but it's not worth jumping through the hoops required for me to get one (actually, as a Sprint "Premier" customer, all I have to do is ask politely, but still...). The 3D is gimmicky for the most part, but if you view it as a bonus feature, then it ain't so bad, and yes, it's stoopid fast, but overall it doesn't inspire feelings of awe in the way that the EVO 4G did when it hit the scene last year.

I'd rather sit tight with what I've got and wait and see what's out when my contract is up in October.

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:01 am

ezcheese wrote:Personally I think the whole 3D garbage is ridiculous, with the new smart phones and HDTVs.
Huge and resounding :1:

Same with movies in the theater.

I don't get 3D. :scratch:
:htfu:

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:17 am

Gimmick.

Everybody who owns a mobile phone should just get an iPhone already.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:48 pm

A buddy of mine just got one of these and we compared our phones on several levels. The evo 3D is smokin' fast but I vastly prefer the ui of Samsung vs. HTC. Touchwiz is much more polished imo.

The 3D stuff is fun for about 2 minutes. It really fucked with my eyes, my brain started hurting when staring at the 3D pics and videos. My eyes kept crossing and weren't able to focus. Needless to say I doubt many people will use the 3D function on this phone.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Isthmus
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Gabe

Post by Isthmus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:48 am

My plan comes ue in the fall and I've been salivating over the Evo 3D since it was first announced. I can't believe that they are launching it on Sprint though. This phone might be enough to tempt me to switch carriers. Man that is one hot rig.

craniotes
Thread Pooper

Post by craniotes » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:05 am

I will say that after watching a decent portion of The Green Hornet in 3D on my co-worker's EVO 3D, that I'm more impressed with the implementation now than I was before. The photos still mess with me a bit, but for some odd reason, the movies aren't as flummoxing to my visual cortex.

As for Touchwiz vs. Sense, WTF are you smoking, Derek? ( :bananastoner: ) Sense in any form rhymes and steals all over that primitive Samsung UI, and in 3.0 guise, it stomps it, rummages through its pockets for loose change, and then leaves it for dead in an abandoned lot in Atlantic City.

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:22 am

craniotes wrote:I will say that after watching a decent portion of The Green Hornet in 3D on my co-worker's EVO 3D, that I'm more impressed with the implementation now than I was before. The photos still mess with me a bit, but for some odd reason, the movies aren't as flummoxing to my visual cortex.

As for Touchwiz vs. Sense, WTF are you smoking, Derek? ( :bananastoner: ) Sense in any form rhymes and steals all over that primitive Samsung UI, and in 3.0 guise, it stomps it, rummages through its pockets for loose change, and then leaves it for dead in an abandoned lot in Atlantic City.

Regards,
Adam
Not in my opinion. My buddie's Evo 3D UI looks Primitive in comparison with the hotness that is my Droid Charge. The carousel feature is kind of cool, but functionally there are many things on sense that just plain make no sense. :neener:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:25 am

ezcheese wrote:A buddy of mine just got one of these and we compared our phones on several levels. The evo 3D is smokin' fast but I vastly prefer the ui of Samsung vs. HTC. Touchwiz is much more polished imo.

The 3D stuff is fun for about 2 minutes. It really fucked with my eyes, my brain started hurting when staring at the 3D pics and videos. My eyes kept crossing and weren't able to focus. Needless to say I doubt many people will use the 3D function on this phone.
take ur bi-focals off bro and you won't get cross eyed!

oh and I thought only old people had Sprint. :smack:

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:48 am

Sprint are the orginal nextel gang.. Those two way radio joints.. That's why i have sprint.
Every time i udgrade (once a year) they get me for another two years.. I'm prob locked until 2020
Pasquale

NSC

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:58 am

I thought Sprint was OG and then bought out Nextel? Which Nextel worked sweet when I was in the construction buiz but Sprint sucked IMO.

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:06 am

dukerules wrote:Gimmick.

Everybody who owns a mobile phone should just get an iPhone already.
^ this :ugeek:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

Isthmus
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Gabe

Post by Isthmus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:01 am

I am really salivating over this phone. I'm one of those people who actually likes HTC Sence so for me it is great. the hardware, extended battery, upgraded sense and gobs of memory are all huge pluses for me. the 3-d I can live without. If this phone came out exactly as it was but without the 3d and available in some other network, I'd be all over it. Sadly being only on sprint probably means that I won't ever get to play with it.

sharkfin
Name: Dave

Post by sharkfin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:10 am

3D is over rated. :bs:

I hate them 3D movies/hdtv, can't watch, migraine inducing.
Even them gimmicky 3D digital cameras are annoying. :banplz:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:31 am

sharkfin wrote:3D is over rated. :bs:

I hate them 3D movies/hdtv, can't watch, migraine inducing.
Even them gimmicky 3D digital cameras are annoying. :banplz:
+1 :puke:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:18 am

Isthmus wrote:I am really salivating over this phone. I'm one of those people who actually likes HTC Sence so for me it is great. the hardware, extended battery, upgraded sense and gobs of memory are all huge pluses for me. the 3-d I can live without. If this phone came out exactly as it was but without the 3d and available in some other network, I'd be all over it. Sadly being only on sprint probably means that I won't ever get to play with it.
It's definitely an impressive gadget. Interestingly, the call quality sort of bites. It's quite muffled and lacks range in the mid and high frequencies.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯