New Rangeman - 9400

Discussion of G-Shocks and related digital watches.
goaliechris
Name: Chris

New Rangeman - 9400

Post by goaliechris » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:00 am

Hi all - Sorry for the many posts today (2) but I always get into watches around this time of year (bonus season maybe? Too many packages coming and going that the wife might not notice? Who knows.).

Looking at the 9400 series and I love the limited edition gray earth and sea one (9400kj-8jr?) but not willing to pay that much of a premium - people wanting near or over 1k. So looking at the standard intl green or standard black? What's the overall impression of the model? Does it wear well? I love the look just don't have any experience with this range. I have the GW-225C and the Gw-7900B and happy with those but just looking for something new.

Btw, the white Burton one posted earlier is sweet. Nice pickup.

carlodwc

Re: New Rangeman - 9400

Post by carlodwc » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:07 am

It really depends on your wrist size and shape. I had one briefly but could not wear it on the rubber, the rubber strap/lugs were pressing my wrist too much. My wrist is 8 1/4" to give a comparison. It was wearing small on me, similar to the GW-1000 Cockpit series. I was thinking to put it on some adapters to handle that, and use Zulus but ended up selling it. Never wore due to that issue.

Some of the features are kind of small to see, like the compass for example, not really too functional compared to a ProTrek. I would like to give it another shot but I think I might got for a ProTrek instead, one that accepts 22mm straps like the PRW2500 or PRW3500 for example. Otherwise it is a handsome piece, nowdays you can get one for less then $200 in black or green.

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Re: New Rangeman - 9400

Post by goaliechris » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:33 am

Thanks - that's helpful. I have small wrists, around 7 or so, so it would probably work for me. On the lookout for that gray earth and sea version. If not, probably the standard green.