G in, G Gone...

Discussion of G-Shocks and related digital watches.
DoctorC
Name: Greg

G in, G Gone...

Post by DoctorC » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:17 pm

I realized that I have not posted any actual watch related posts in a while, so....

About 5 years ago I had rescued an old G from a 2nd hand store. After a new battery and refreshing the Gaskets it was good to go. I had one just like it already so while camping with the family, I thought I would see if my Teenage nephew would like it. He tried it on while we were out on the boat but didn't seem overly thrilled. When we got back to the beach he slipped it off and put it on the cooler. That was the last I saw it.

Fast forward to 2 months ago. I am at my nephew's graduation party and I finally ask him, "hey Do you know what happened to that watch I let you try on a few years back/" He replied that he loved it and had worn it pretty much constantly ever since. Unfortunately a few weeks prior, the battery had died and after swapping out the battery himself, He went swimming and it flooded, ruining the module.
Since he was getting ready to head off to college and had shown the ability and desire to actually wear the watch I thought a replacement was due.
Searching the forums proved no luck but got a hit on a Craigslist ad. I picked this one up.

Passed it off to my nephew the day before he left for school (Full ride football scholarship at Lafayette college in Pennsylvania :thumbsup: ) He loves it.

Unfortunately so did I so I am on the hunt again....
Greg

CGSshorty
Admin

Re: G in, G Gone...

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:21 pm

I had the same one for a while and really liked it. Congratulations to your nephew. That is quite an accomplishment.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:22 pm

Awesome Gregg and I bet he actually treasures it since it is from you. And bad ass og kabar!!!

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:22 pm

Nice Greg.... :thumbsup:

Good luck with your search.

Mike

kfalk
Old Chub
Name: Kelly