The King has landed...

Discussion of G-Shocks and related digital watches.
biggbuzz
Name: Michael

Re: The King has landed...

Post by biggbuzz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:28 pm

My new GX56 is on the way. Black with red buttons. I may ebay a bid on a black/blue buttons version. Prices on these are getting a bit weird. the orange body watch is about $350 or more. A black and purple watch (official watch of some singing group) is going for more than $1000.

biggbuzz

Post by biggbuzz » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:19 pm

Hello - 14 months since my last post, and I've got my third King; black, negative display, red buttons and accents. Love the watch, but hate what I'm seeing on Ebay. There are too many counterfeit GX-56s out there.; some even being sold by sellers with a 100% rating. I found out the hard way; but the seller was cool, and returned my money. The worst fakes are being produced by Casio contractors who were making real Kings, but made/make extra cases and bands. Then they put authentic (but cheaper) Casio innards in a GX-56 case, and sell them as the real thing. So watch out for this watch. They're faking the other high-end G-Shocks as well.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:43 pm

biggbuzz wrote:Hello - 14 months since my last post, and I've got my third King; black, negative display, red buttons and accents. Love the watch, but hate what I'm seeing on Ebay. There are too many counterfeit GX-56s out there.; some even being sold by sellers with a 100% rating. I found out the hard way; but the seller was cool, and returned my money. The worst fakes are being produced by Casio contractors who were making real Kings, but made/make extra cases and bands. Then they put authentic (but cheaper) Casio innards in a GX-56 case, and sell them as the real thing. So watch out for this watch. They're faking the other high-end G-Shocks as well.
I've seen fake G's but had no idea the ones out today are being made by prior contractors. That is some scary shit, especially if they are doing high end G fakes. Are you talking about the MR-G series?
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

biggbuzz

Post by biggbuzz » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:40 pm

hello, Global - I've heard they're faking the Frogman. It is probably true with some of the other high end G-Shocks as well.

deepsea_dweller
Name: Tom

The King has landed...

Post by deepsea_dweller » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:46 am

It's been awhile ladies and gentlemen

Last edited by deepsea_dweller on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

deepsea_dweller
Name: Tom

The King has landed...

Post by deepsea_dweller » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:46 am