it begins

Discussion of G-Shocks and related digital watches.
streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

it begins

Post by streetracer101 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:28 pm

So I got home today and had 2 boxes waiting for me. I can see this becoming a problem fast....
I never thought I'd dig the hundreds so much. The watch feels like it was made for my wrist. The other two are wicked cool too. I am afraid I may have a crisis. I'm already looking into the upcoming gray Frogman..just what I need, another similar, but different watch fetish :mrgreen:

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Re: it begins

Post by Grahamcombat » Thu May 10, 2012 3:48 pm

NOW you've got yourself some of the actual watches that most SEALS wear: and I doubt they 1) have HRV's and 2) cost $2000.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Thu May 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Man, Freak’in Awesome! ... Congrats! ... :thumbsup:
Lance

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:NOW you've got yourself some of the actual watches that most SEALS wear: and I doubt they 1) have HRV's and 2) cost $2000.

but I'm not a Seal..just a Coastie :shrug: I'd agree that the 2 green G's are a closer rep to what most military folk have. Most military folk don't blow money on watches because then they'd have none left over for strippers, babies made by strippers and alcohol. Hell, in my class most people are high speed Rangers, SF, Airmen and pilots and I think I wear the craziest crap of everyone. Most of them have basic G's or Timex watches :thumbsup:
Last edited by streetracer101 on Thu May 10, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Thu May 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Bikinis don't replace photography skills. Please don't lick your lens before taking arrival shots.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

smalls
Name: Matt

Post by smalls » Thu May 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Nice trio! G-shocks are like crack!

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Post by craniotes » Thu May 10, 2012 7:01 pm

lilhoody wrote:Bikinis don't replace photography skills. Please don't lick your lens before taking arrival shots.
That. :raised:

Otherwise, nice job with The Hundreds and the Army Green Gs! :thumbsup: I've got a JDM-only GXW-56 "King of G-Shock" Army Green incoming and I can't wait to get it on my wrist.

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

sharkfin
Name: Dave

Post by sharkfin » Thu May 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Congrats!

That Hundreds G is sweet!
Growing fond of that one due to that cool pic from Drew. :fro:

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:53 pm

lilhoody wrote:Bikinis don't replace photography skills. Please don't lick your lens before taking arrival shots.
Not sure what you mean. These are cell phn pics. To be honest, I didn't have the time to break out the DSLR, set up the photo booth and take good pics because of my school studies. This was the best I could do and figured a bit of eye candy courtesy of the wife's VS catalog would be nice too. Sorry to disappoint :bird:

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Thu May 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:NOW you've got yourself some of the actual watches that most SEALS wear: and I doubt they 1) have HRV's and 2) cost $2000.

hahahahahahaa

word.

COOL watches. Oh, and NO, YOU DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM (it's called an addiction)
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

snoballz
Baller

Post by snoballz » Thu May 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Sweet beginning! Nicely done. Congratulations!

craniotes wrote:

Otherwise, nice job with The Hundreds and the Army Green Gs! :thumbsup: I've got a JDM-only GXW-56 "King of G-Shock" Army Green incoming and I can't wait to get it on my wrist.

Regards,
Adam
When do you wanna meet up? ;)

-luke

MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt » Thu May 10, 2012 8:16 pm

What's the go-to place for JDM G's? Chino?

snoballz
Baller

Post by snoballz » Thu May 10, 2012 8:51 pm

MikeyLikesIt wrote:What's the go-to place for JDM G's? Chino?
Try Rakuten, Yahoo Japan Auction, Yahoo Japan (although often times the places on the site do not ship internationally), Etopolitica. There are various others.

I even signed-up with a third party shipper that provided me a post office box in Japan so that I can purchase stuff from places that do not ship internationally. I just use my P.O. box in Japan and the shipper then ships the package. Given the cost though it only really makes sense if purchasing in bulk or collaboration pieces sold through a retailer that only ships withing Japan where you don't have a choice. That's what I had to do with the Ultraman7.

Good luck!

-luke

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:52 pm

I'd like to know this too :cheers:
Since my original pics didn't do the Hundreds any justice, here's some better pics for you haters :rock: I'm still working on my skills and a 50mm lens is on the wish list for the future.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Thu May 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Better.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

craniotes
Thread Pooper

Post by craniotes » Thu May 10, 2012 8:53 pm

snoballz wrote:Sweet beginning! Nicely done. Congratulations!

craniotes wrote:

Regards,
Adam
When do you wanna meet up? ;)
Well, you know where to find me. ;) I might have to head up to Gary's booth during lunch, but then again I might not. Lemme know what your schedule is looking like tomorrow and we'll work something out.

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt » Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 pm

snoballz wrote:
Try Rakuten, Yahoo Japan Auction, Yahoo Japan (although often times the places on the site do not ship internationally), Etopolitica. There are various others.

I even signed-up with a third party shipper that provided me a post office box in Japan so that I can purchase stuff from places that do not ship internationally. I just use my P.O. box in Japan and the shipper then ships the package. Given the cost though it only really makes sense if purchasing in bulk or collaboration pieces sold through a retailer that only ships withing Japan where you don't have a choice. That's what I had to do with the Ultraman7.

Good luck!
Kick ass. Thanks Luke.

snoballz
Baller

Post by snoballz » Thu May 10, 2012 8:59 pm

craniotes wrote: Well, you know where to find me. ;) I might have to head up to Gary's booth during lunch, but then again I might not. Lemme know what your schedule is looking like tomorrow and we'll work something out.

Regards,
Adam
I was gonna head over there last week just to say hi. Instead I went to check Giulio's new spot on Madison Ave. Really nice. He has his own showroom/private office now.

Regrettably, I have a State mandated meeting with the unemployment office. Like they're gonna tell me how to find my next j-o-b. Laughable.

Then I gotta get dolled-up for a 25th high school reunion! Shit, I can't believe it's been that long (i.e. I'm that old)! Never been to any of the previous reunions but I figured it's a good networking opportunity.

So, how about next week?
Last edited by snoballz on Thu May 10, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-luke

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:00 pm

G's rock. Welcome to the club. :ugeek:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

craniotes
Thread Pooper

Post by craniotes » Thu May 10, 2012 9:13 pm

snoballz wrote:
craniotes wrote: Well, you know where to find me. ;) I might have to head up to Gary's booth during lunch, but then again I might not. Lemme know what your schedule is looking like tomorrow and we'll work something out.

Regards,
Adam
I was gonna head over there last week just to say hi. Instead I went to check Giulio's new spot on Madison Ave. Really nice. He has his own showroom/private office now.

Regrettably, I have a State mandated meeting with the unemployment office. Like they're gonna tell me how to find my next j-o-b. Laughable.

Then I gotta get dolled-up for a 25th high school reunion! Shit, I can't believe it's been that long (i.e. I'm that old)! Never been to any of the previous reunions but I figured it's a good networking opportunity.

So, how about next week?
Gosh, I don't know if I can wait that long... :tap:

Just messing wit cha, home skillet! Shoot me a line on Monday and we'll take it from there. In the meantime, have fun at your meeting with the Dept. of Labor (been there/done that on more than one occasion...). Frankly speaking, I'd rather have a government drone condescend to me about work than attend my high school reunion, but that's just me.

:raised:

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

Tallguy
Name: Steve-0-reeno

Post by Tallguy » Fri May 11, 2012 8:27 am

snoballz wrote:

Regards,
Adam

So, how about next week?
WTF is this, Facebook? :puke: :neener:

craniotes
Thread Pooper

Post by craniotes » Fri May 11, 2012 8:56 am

Tallguy wrote:
snoballz wrote:

Regards,
Adam

So, how about next week?
WTF is this, Facebook? :puke: :neener:
Luke and I like to share. :shrug: :love:

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER