I'm in trouble... a stupid g-shock question on LE models

Discussion of G-Shocks and related digital watches.
streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

I'm in trouble... a stupid g-shock question on LE models

Post by streetracer101 » Sun May 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Well, I got bit by the bug this weekend. Earlier this week, I realized that I don't really have any beater watches, so I bought a Mudman G9000-3V and a GD-100MS-3 on Friday from an ebay seller. Then on Saturday I was browsing Tilly's selection of G's and found a Hundreds edition for sale at retail price (minus $15 online coupon), so I bought it. Now I am intrigued by the LE models. I went to G-shock's site and I can find the LE models, but it doesn't say when they are getting released. Where do you guys find out release dates on these and where do you normally buy them? I am thinking I might start trying to snag some of these LE models as they come out..kind of a fun new addiction. Thanks for the help.

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Re: I'm in trouble... a stupid g-shock question on LE models

Post by CesarG » Sun May 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Uh oh

WUS g shock forum?

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Post by craniotes » Sun May 06, 2012 5:17 pm

(it hasn't for me...)

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Sun May 06, 2012 6:00 pm

craniotes wrote:Image

(it hasn't for me...)

Regards,
Adam
Oh, I know. But, I figure if I just go for a LE model on occasion, the damage shouldn't be too bad...esp. if I can get them at retail. I do foresee one of each: frog, gulf, riseman in my future though :bananastoner:
The problem is they're relatively cheap (except the damn frogman), so I can see them getting really addicting fast. I think I'll swing by the local Macy's and see if I can get on a preorder list for the LE's. I was just hoping for more definitive release dates, but from what I gather it seems Casio is intentionally vague on upcoming releases.

snoballz
Baller

Post by snoballz » Mon May 07, 2012 11:00 am

Craniotes is right... this won't end. I had several G-Shocks in the past and sold them until fairly recently when like you, I started picking up the more hard to find pieces. Now I'm 10 G-Shocks in and most aren't the garden variety LE found here in the States.

Just like the Hundreds collob sold only in the US market, there are some collaborations/LE's that are released for the Asian and/or European markets. The most recent JDM LE is the Ultraman7 45th Anniversary G-Shock and in Europe, there is the Rush (no, not the group, a Polish retailer) LE sold in Poland.

The G-Shock subforum on WUS is very good and Sjors does a great job moderating. Hell of a nice guy and in-depth knowledge. Must be his mohawk!

There are plenty of other blogs too (sjors has one... 50G's), G-Street, Watch-Tanaka, etc.

Good luck!

-luke

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:19 pm

snoballz wrote:Craniotes is right... this won't end. I had several G-Shocks in the past and sold them until fairly recently when like you, I started picking up the more hard to find pieces. Now I'm 10 G-Shocks in and most aren't the garden variety LE found here in the States.

Just like the Hundreds collob sold only in the US market, there are some collaborations/LE's that are released for the Asian and/or European markets. The most recent JDM LE is the Ultraman7 45th Anniversary G-Shock and in Europe, there is the Rush (no, not the group, a Polish retailer) LE sold in Poland.

The G-Shock subforum on WUS is very good and Sjors does a great job moderating. Hell of a nice guy and in-depth knowledge. Must be his mohawk!

There are plenty of other blogs too (sjors has one... 50G's), G-Street, Watch-Tanaka, etc.

Good luck!
Cool. I will check out 50G's site and keep a pulse on WUS. I can certainly see how this can spin out of control fast. I'll try to keep it to domestic LE's and a couple of the Master of G series (Gulfman, Frogman, Mudman, etc). Thanks for the tips guys.

Brian D
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Really?

Post by Brian D » Wed May 09, 2012 8:48 am

craniotes wrote:Image

(it hasn't for me...)

Regards,
Adam
This happens before you realize it :banghead:
The Way of the Warrior is
To Live to Die