Not sure if I have a problem with my GW7900B

Discussion of G-Shocks and related digital watches.
AZpops
Name: Lance

Not sure if I have a problem with my GW7900B

Post by AZpops » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:08 pm

A few nights ago, toward the end of my night. I noticed the auto el light wouldn’t turn on (when you flip your wrist). I figured that the battery was low (the "battery level" indicator was at Med), so I placed the watch in the sunlight for the day.

After a full day of charge, the battery level indicator is still at Med. I also notice that the indicator for the "P-Save" is present, as well as the "A El" indicator is off (not present).

Figure I’d ask y’all before sending it in to Casio.

Thanks,
Lance

AZpops

Re: Not sure if I have a problem with my GW7900B

Post by AZpops » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:04 am

Thanks, my bad figured it out. I should've read the online manual instead of the dang small print manual that came with the watch!

I found that I inadvertently turned the A-El light off. Forgot if you hold the manual light button down too long (like 3 seconds) it toggles the A-El on and off! And will leave the watch in the light for a few days since it was in it's container for a few months to give the battery a full charge!

Thanks again,
Lance

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:33 pm

It's hard to bring yourself to read the thick manual that comes with G's, but most of the answers are indeed in there. :mrgreen:
:htfu:

AZpops

Post by AZpops » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:04 pm

matt.wu wrote:It's hard to bring yourself to read the thick manual that comes with G's, but most of the answers are indeed in there. :mrgreen:

LOL,... Yeah thanks! I was reading the booklet with a dang magnifying glass, so the online manual is the way to go!

I also found, if the battery indicator is in the low position or in my case it must have been on the lower side of the "Med" charge. It took roughly a day and a half of sunlight to achieve the High level of charge.

So after so many words, ... All's Good! And the world as I know it, didn't end! :thumbsup:
Lance