Scurfa rubber from ToxicNATOS

Discussion of straps and bracelets.
Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Scurfa rubber from ToxicNATOS

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 am

I know there have been a number of posts about this strap but I thought I’d put my $.02 in as well.

I just picked this up from Terry and have been running it on my Squale 1521 for the past week.

I was a bit hesitant about buying the strap due to its thinness (I’m used to thick ISO style rubber straps) but it feels very sturdy on the wrist. I’m very happy I gave it a shot.

The strap is scalloped out underneath, allowing even more flex and maybe even some airflow for hotter days. The rubber is full thickness at the spring bar holes and buckle for security in those stressed areas.

This extra flexibility really makes for a comfortable strap. My wrist is flat, almost rectangular in shape, so thicker rubber or leather straps tend to squeeze the sides of my wrist as they wrap around. Not so with this strap. Out of the bag comfort, no break in period required.

It is a genuine rubber strap, but has no scent. Manufacturing quality seems good as I see no obvious mold marks. The stainless buckle lies flat.

I would definitely recommend this strap, especially for smaller / lighter dive watches where a thicker rubber strap might be too much.

Obviously, Terry’s service was top notch. Very happy to support his business.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Scurfa rubber from ToxicNATOS

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:41 pm

It is a dope strap. Glad Paul worked with me on providing them. Thanks for the great review also brother!