Pin & Collar Source

Discussion of straps and bracelets.
RLS_KC
Name: Roger

Pin & Collar Source

Post by RLS_KC » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:53 am

I'm looking for a source for replacement Pins & Collars for the Seiko SRP773J1 Turtle SS bracelet. Replacement links from Seiko are marked MOEV1JLK and come with one pin & one collar, but that's an expensive way to get a collar. I found 0.90 pins & collars at Esslinger & Company, but their collars are tiny, only 0.5mm long compared to over 1mm for originals, plus their pins are plain top, which requires a collar at each end. Is there a source for OEM Seiko pins & collars, or OEM style?

r.palace

Re: Pin & Collar Source

Post by r.palace » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:29 am

Contact Seiko
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:51 am

You can get collars like this online.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Look in the McMaster-Carr parts catalogue online. The sleeves are under "standard spring pins". Look at the "Metric 18-8 stainless steel slotted spring pins", part number 91610A080. $6.15 for 100 pieces.

I have ordered the spring pins but not pins. I found a possible option for pins though. Look up "standard dowel pins" in the McMaster catalogue. Choose "Metric 18-8 stainless steel dowel pins". I'm guessing the 1mm diameter pins will work. You will need to measure length. For example if you want 20mm length then the part number is 91585A093. $6.84 for 50 pieces.

Or contact Seiko....
The Hapa

RLS_KC

Post by RLS_KC » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:39 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:11 pm
Look in the McMaster-Carr parts catalogue online. The sleeves are under "standard spring pins". Look at the "Metric 18-8 stainless steel slotted spring pins", part number 91610A080. $6.15 for 100 pieces.

I have ordered the spring pins but not pins. I found a possible option for pins though. Look up "standard dowel pins" in the McMaster catalogue. Choose "Metric 18-8 stainless steel dowel pins". I'm guessing the 1mm diameter pins will work. You will need to measure length. For example if you want 20mm length then the part number is 91585A093. $6.84 for 50 pieces.

Or contact Seiko....
Thanks for the McMaster-Carr idea, but the "standard spring pins" suggested are made to compress into a hole for a friction fit, i.e. a roll pin to secure two rotating parts or to provide a stop, while the collar on the bracelet is undersized, made to friction fit over the pin shaft, keeping the pin in place - a different fit & function. The pins in the bracelet are 0.90mm shaft size. MC doesn't have anything that small, which is why I went to Esslinger.

I have contacted Seiko Customer Service, and I'm hoping for a positive answer from them.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:35 pm

McMaster collars worked fine with the monster bracelet. Perhaps the newer bracelets are different, or maybe I've got the wrong part. Just have to find the right ones. Frankly, a paper clip can be made into a usable pin.
The Hapa

RLS_KC

Post by RLS_KC » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:15 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:35 pm
McMaster collars worked fine with the monster bracelet. Perhaps the newer bracelets are different, or maybe I've got the wrong part. Just have to find the right ones. Frankly, a paper clip can be made into a usable pin.
Just got off the phone with Seiko Customer Support. Their terminology is pin & fixing sleeve or fixing pipe, and they are unique for their different bracelets, which is surprising. For some watch/bracelet combinations you cannot get the pins & fixing sleeve/pipe alone, but must buy a replacement link which comes with one pin & one pipe/sleeve. For the new Turtle's they do sell them alone, a little over $6 for the pair plus tax and shipping. One replacement link is almost $15.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 am

RLS_KC wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:15 am
HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:35 pm
Just got off the phone with Seiko Customer Support. Their terminology is pin & fixing sleeve or fixing pipe, and they are unique for their different bracelets, which is surprising. For some watch/bracelet combinations you cannot get the pins & fixing sleeve/pipe alone, but must buy a replacement link which comes with one pin & one pipe/sleeve. For the new Turtle's they do sell them alone, a little over $6 for the pair plus tax and shipping. One replacement link is almost $15.
good info :thumbsup:

four20
Name: erik

Post by four20 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:00 am

Wow, Coserve used to give you up to 3 additional links for free. Hell, I even got 3 free for two different Sumos yrs ago when they were strictly JDM

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:04 am

four20 wrote:Wow, Coserve used to give you up to 3 additional links for free. Hell, I even got 3 free for two different Sumos yrs ago when they were strictly JDM

Likewise. I called sometime last year or the year before and those days of complimentary sht from Seiko are long gone
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:22 am

r.palace wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:04 am
four20 wrote:Wow, Coserve used to give you up to 3 additional links for free. Hell, I even got 3 free for two different Sumos yrs ago when they were strictly JDM

Likewise. I called sometime last year or the year before and those days of complimentary sht from Seiko are long gone
links are now $35 if i recall.