Timefactors retro polyurethane straps

Discussion of straps and bracelets.
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Timefactors retro polyurethane straps

Post by deepcdvr » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Anyone familiar with these?

I’ve had one for about 10 years and it is hands down my favorite strap. They are super comfortable and fill the lug gaps really well. Made out of polyurethane.

Anyway, is there a US distributor for a similar strap? I don’t mind buying from timefactors, but I don’t do PayPal and don’t want to deal with the overseas hassle.

Thanks!

Last edited by deepcdvr on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Timefactors retro rubber straps

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:59 pm

I use to use one on my Seiko MM. They have fat ends so you can use fat bars if I recall. But they do not work on most watches. They are also silicon and not rubber.

I carry an isofrane style rubber strap on my site and Scurfa rubber straps in 20mm.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire

Re: Timefactors retro rubber straps

Post by deepcdvr » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:12 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:59 pm
I use to use one on my Seiko MM. They have fat ends so you can use fat bars if I recall. But they do not work on most watches. They are also silicon and not rubber.

I carry an isofrane style rubber strap on my site and Scurfa rubber straps in 20mm.
I’ll check out your straps :thumbsup: I’m looking for something to fill the gap on the black bay...

Also, just googled polyurethane, silicone and rubber and they are three completely different materials lol. Learn something new every day
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Torrid
Name: Heath

Re: Timefactors retro polyurethane straps

Post by Torrid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:27 pm

I'd recommend trying Terry's straps. I meant to pick one up the last time around but when they were out of stock I picked up a used Isofrane instead, obviously for much more money. I'll likely get one soon anyway because I'd like to compare them and the reviews on Terry's strap have been stellar.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire

Post by deepcdvr » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Torrid wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:27 pm
I'd recommend trying Terry's straps. I meant to pick one up the last time around but when they were out of stock I picked up a used Isofrane instead, obviously for much more money. I'll likely get one soon anyway because I'd like to compare them and the reviews on Terry's strap have been stellar.
I just looked at Terry’s - great site, btw.

I have several ISO’s already, they just don’t fill the gap on the BB...

I have a crafter blue that is actually a very nice strap, but it doesn’t fit my bony wrist well; kinda stiff.
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:45 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm
Torrid wrote:

I have a crafter blue that is actually a very nice strap, but it doesn’t fit my bony wrist well; kinda stiff.
maybe a hirsch extreme? they have thicker ends. or a uncle seiko GL rubber strap https://www.uncleseiko.com/store/p148/gl831.html

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire

Post by deepcdvr » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:59 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:45 pm
deepcdvr wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm
Torrid wrote:

maybe a hirsch extreme? they have thicker ends. or a uncle seiko GL rubber strap https://www.uncleseiko.com/store/p148/gl831.html
Thanks - I’ll check them out. I actually may have an uncle Seiko. I literally have three drawers in my vidmar full of straps lol
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM