Ginault bracelet review

Discussion of straps and bracelets.
TSD
Name: Tom

Ginault bracelet review

Post by TSD » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 pm

I picked up a Ginault oyster-style bracelet for an incoming Seaforth. If you are a purist, please disregard. Not looking to be burned in effigy, so hit me up privately if you want pics, or have questions about fitting it to another watch.

But if all you need is an aftermarket fix for a five digit reference or similar cased watch, this is an excellent unsigned option that’ll likely work. The solid end links fit right up on my SD (i.e. fits the 16660 or 16600 with or without holes), and my 16710 GMT. The fit on my 14060M is close, but the spring bars didn’t quite align.

The unsigned Glidelock-style clasp appears as durable as a genuine clasp. It looks to be removable at each end, where the connection links could be unscrewed with the clasp, if that’s all you need. The clasp is not sold loose, however the bracelet is available on their website separately from the various Ginault watches.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Ginault bracelet

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:33 pm

We have 4 guys at our local GTG that all have Seaforth's. One has the Ginault bracelet also. It is pretty sweet. I can't pay almost 200 for it though. The other guy has a cheap tapered ebay hollow end link bracelet on his Seaforth. I have to say it matches the style of the watch more and gives it a vintage feel.

I might try a Hadley Roma on mine.

In this pic the grey dial version is a Ginault and the Pastel has a cheap ebay special on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TSD
Name: Tom

Re: Ginault bracelet

Post by TSD » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:22 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:33 pm
I might try a Hadley Roma on mine.

In this pic the grey dial version is a Ginault and the Pastel has a cheap ebay special on it.
Nice, T. I have another hollow end bracelet that fits my No Date Sub perfectly, and was told is probably a Hadley Roma. It’s high quality, and definitely has that same feel of the old oyster.

Ginualt had a Black Friday discount code, but even at $180 it’s steep. The adjustable clasp is sweet, though. And I’m giving it as a gift.