Nato Buying Guide

Discussion of straps and bracelets.
unsub073
Name: chris

Nato Buying Guide

Post by unsub073 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:19 am

https://gearpatrol.com/2018/08/09/best-nato-strap/
Toxic NATOs has a cult following amongst online watch fans and its not hard to see why. The nylon strap is has a super-dense, durable, seatbelt-like weave and a super-smooth texture — it’s pretty much idential to the Crown & Buckle Supreme.
I thought Terry came out with it first, and I know that Gear Patrol isn't the greatest watch news source out there.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Re: Nato Buying Guide

Post by Joeprez » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:57 am

Weird... they say this about the "toxic" hardware:

"The hardware, while very well-finished (again, there are some nice beveled edges on the keepers), is a bit too chunky for our liking."

But say this about the Crown and Buckle hardware which looks pretty much the same:

"but the Crown & Buckle Supreme wins out for the quality of its hardware. The keepers have lovely beveled edges and, most importantly, the buckle is thin and lithe while still feeling sturdy."

:shrug:

I know which one I prefer.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

r.palace

Nato Buying Guide

Post by r.palace » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:54 am

unsub073 wrote:https://gearpatrol.com/2018/08/09/best-nato-strap/
Toxic NATOs has a cult following amongst online watch fans and its not hard to see why. The nylon strap is has a super-dense, durable, seatbelt-like weave and a super-smooth texture — it’s pretty much idential to the Crown & Buckle Supreme.
I thought Terry came out with it first, and I know that Gear Patrol isn't the greatest watch news source out there.
He did. Well before.

I don’t take any of these watch publication clowns seriously. They’re all out of touch one way or another
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 am

"seatbelt webbing" "single pass-through" I just giggle

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:33 am

I’m far from perfect, but wow is there a lot of misspelling and grammar mistakes throughout that article. I guess no one really does any proofreading anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:18 am

Then only reason I'd buy anything but a Toxic any more is if I need a specific color and Terry didn't have it. No other reason to even look elsewhere IMO.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Well all that tells us is who spends more on advertising on that site. :lol:
:htfu:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:03 am

matt.wu wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:07 pm
Well all that tells us is who spends more on advertising on that site. :lol:
You are right there.

I was kind of annoyed/disappointed by the comparison to C&B. But they have been in business a long time. So I guess I am doing something right to get mentioned in the article. :salute: :mrgreen:

And thanks again guys for the support! I totally appreciate it. :cheers:
Last edited by toxicavenger on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:04 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 am
"seatbelt webbing" "single pass-through" I just giggle
time to get those trademarks started :mrgreen:

watchmavan
Name: Watchmavan

Post by watchmavan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:17 am

I have several ToxicNATO's and agree that they are great. However, at 1.4 thick with two passes under the watch, some watches can sit very high on the wrist. Most seatbelt style natos are the same. Phenome Natos come in at 1.2 which I like better and find them more comfortable and well. The Gear Patrol site also lists Moose Natos at 1.2 for their supreme slims. I've got a couple coming on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 am

watchmavan wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:17 am
I have several ToxicNATO's and agree that they are great. However, at 1.4 thick with two passes under the watch, some watches can sit very high on the wrist. Most seatbelt style natos are the same. Phenome Natos come in at 1.2 which I like better and find them more comfortable and well. The Gear Patrol site also lists Moose Natos at 1.2 for their supreme slims. I've got a couple coming on order.

I totally agree. That is why most of us trim the extra nylon of strap off. Easy solution. :cheers:

I like the Phenomenatos also. :salute:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

watchmavan

Post by watchmavan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:33 am

toxicavenger wrote:
watchmavan wrote:

I totally agree. That is why most of us trim the extra nylon of strap off. Easy solution. :cheers:

I would do this but then I'd lose the second metal keeper which I like. If only you had thinner ones as well! Any chance in the future?

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:06 am

As an aside, I'll never buy from C&B again for their ripoing off Terry. And yes, been there and done that with NATOs for years, and Toxic are all I want and need.

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:15 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 am
watchmavan wrote:

Besides looking so much better without those useless fn rings.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 pm

watchmavan wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:33 am
toxicavenger wrote:
watchmavan wrote:

I would do this but then I'd lose the second metal keeper which I like. If only you had thinner ones as well! Any chance in the future?

The Toxic N8O's are 1.2mm.

I won't do thinner seatbelt style straps. I can't deal with the lack of longevity with them.

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:16 pm

watchmavan wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
watchmavan wrote:

Not following which second metal keeper? The ugly one that losely hangs like ball sack on the 6 o'clock side and dies nothing?

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:21 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 pm
watchmavan wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
watchmavan wrote:

I won't do thinner seatbelt style straps. I can't deal with the lack of longevity with them.
Agreed! That type of webbing, funny how seatbelt name took off (Terry 😉 ), is not designed to be punctured to begin with and using thinner tape/strap makes it more obvious no matter how "well" you burn-seal the holes

watchmavan

Nato Buying Guide

Post by watchmavan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:35 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
watchmavan wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
watchmavan wrote:

1.2? Ok I must have got it wrong then. I'll check to see what the thinner ones I have are.

Edit: yes. I was referring to the seat belt style which are 1.4 as pictured here.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:59 pm

watchmavan wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:35 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
watchmavan wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
watchmavan wrote:

1.2? Ok I must have got it wrong then. I'll check to see what the thinner ones I have are.

Edit: yes. I was referring to the seat belt style which are 1.4 as pictured here.

You are right, I said I won't do a seatbelt style strap in a thinner material. It is currently at 1.4mm.

The standard Toxic N8O is at 1.2mm. https://www.toxicnatos.com/products/toxicnewcrap

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:21 pm
Agreed! That type of webbing, funny how seatbelt name took off (Terry 😉 ), is not designed to be punctured to begin with and using thinner tape/strap makes it more obvious no matter how "well" you burn-seal the holes
Yeah that shit sucks for sure. :banghead: