Quick and dirty review of watch gecko straps

Discussion of straps and bracelets.
streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Quick and dirty review of watch gecko straps

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:59 pm

I wanted to pass on a quick review of a company that was new to me as of this weekend - Watchgecko.com. My overall experience was excellent from start to finish. I placed my order on Monday night, and received my straps on Wednesday shipped for free from Europe via DHS WorldWide Express. My order total was $75...how the hell are the making money using this shipping method?

Anyway, I ordered 5 straps. All straps ship in nice plastic zip lock bags with the watch gecko logo (not shown). The presentation is pretty nice and all were well packaged in a cardboard sleeve inside the cardboard DHL envelope. A nice bonus is all the straps came with 3 free springbars. I wasn't expecting that.

One of the straps ordered is their house brand "zulu diver" (stupid name) rubber strap. I think it's made by BC. The strap I got comes in a ton of colors and sizes .I chose gray for my Sinn T2. It's a perfect match imo.The other straps purchased are nato styled. 2 are bonds with prototype hardware and 2 are other patterns. The prototyped hardware looks great. They're probably not as nice as Terry's stuff, and fail to utilize screwbars, but they're pretty nice. Improvements would be screwbar hardware and a softer fabric. It might break in, but it is stiffer then the other straps I received. The other straps are pretty standard natos..no fancy hardware, but pretty soft fabric. All the straps come with a tag with the name. It's invisible under the strap when worn and doesn't bother me. Actually, I think it makes the straps seem a bit more expensive.

I am really happy with this purchase and will be a repeat buyer. @watchgecko seems like a solid company. Apparently they sell some nice skinny fat Seiko bars, so I'll be buying again soon. If interested, coupon code "postcard" nets you 10% off. Orders over 50 GBP ship free. Thanks for looking.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Quick and dirty review of watch gecko straps

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:24 pm

They are good dudes. At one time we were trying to work together with my company being their US vendor, but I was afraid of trademark issues. They brand everything with Zulu/Nato and they wanted me to use the same names. I couldn't do that.

But they carry really nice products for sure. The rubbers straps are from BC.

Skinny Seiko fat bars are what I carry also. They are called ToxicSLIMfat's, but Gecko doesn't list the tip size, so I can't tell you if they are the 1.10 diameter like the Seiko fatties.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:38 pm

toxicavenger wrote:They are good dudes. At one time we were trying to work together with my company being their US vendor, but I was afraid of trademark issues. They brand everything with Zulu/Nato and they wanted me to use the same names. I couldn't do that.

Skinny Seiko fat bars are what I carry also. They are called ToxicSLIMfat's, but Gecko doesn't list the tip size, so I can't tell you if they are the 1.10 diameter like the Seiko fatties.
Good to know you carry those bars bro. I'll snag then from you.

You should look into the BC straps... They'd be a great addition.

I can't blame you for not wanting to be a US distributor...you would've been sued. That said, I think it would've been a lucrative business.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:33 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:They are good dudes. At one time we were trying to work together with my company being their US vendor, but I was afraid of trademark issues. They brand everything with Zulu/Nato and they wanted me to use the same names. I couldn't do that.

Good to know you carry those bars bro. I'll snag then from you.

You should look into the BC straps... They'd be a great addition.

I can't blame you for not wanting to be a US distributor...you would've been sued. That said, I think it would've been a lucrative business.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
The BC straps are great. I have a US vendor that ordered them for me over 3-4 months ago. They just told me last week they have them now. But still no details on when I can order them. BC wanted me to buy 1600 of them to do business with them directly. That isn't gonna happen.

They carry good products, so I was down on carrying their line of straps also. But the stars didn't line up I guess.

Congrats on the straps.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:35 pm

They are good guys. Going to order a rubber NATO from them.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:50 am

Here is a shot of the WatchGecko seatbelt NATO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Those rubber NATOs are the tits. Dunno how long they'll last, but I'm a huge fan so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk