Aegir Watches relocating to Australia.

Discussion of Ægir watches.

Moderator: t20569cald

caesarmascetti

Re: Aegir Watches relocating to Australia.

Post by caesarmascetti » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:32 pm

t20569cald wrote:Originally we were going back to Germany and then moving out to Australia when Aegir was truly established.
Due to an accident I suffered in the water some 2.5 years back, I have been semi inactive and under the circumstances , there is nothing holding my family here except watches.
With the pace of the watch industry, relocating to Germany wont help much, except to give some type of imagined credibility to Aegir by being there, or Switzerland of course.

Given that all parts are made in Switzerland and Germany anyway, I don't feel it will have any significant impact.
Given also that Australia is a beautiful, warm, fantastic place with white sand and blue water, relocating to Perth Western Australia seems like a trade off I am willing to risk.
It is not the best of timing maybe, but while the CD-2 is being produced and not expected to be ready until April/May due to lead time on the movements, then we thought we may as well go ahead and do it now.
It may add a couple of weeks to the date for shipping the watches, and may not, but it would be a minor delay in this industry.
We are planning the move during the Basel fair, as i plan only to attend for 2 days.

The prototype work continues well and soon i will start a thread on its production.
I am only waiting to have a series of pictures and posts to keep a smooth flow to it.
The first prototype Aegir knife, handmade in the UK by Stuart Mitchell arrived yesterday and we are taking some pictures of that today to add to our website.
A diving knife design, to be handmade as well, is being worked on now and that will more than likely be an Australian knife, due to supporting a local maker when it is possible.

Todd, good luck on the move. How far after the CD-2 do u think the CD-1 will be available?

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Todd - BTW you can leave that beautiful baby girl of yours here with us in the states so Luigi can start his courtship..

orite ;)
Pasquale

NSC

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Post by t20569cald » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:46 pm

caesarmascetti wrote:
t20569cald wrote:Originally we were going back to Germany and then moving out to Australia when Aegir was truly established.
Due to an accident I suffered in the water some 2.5 years back, I have been semi inactive and under the circumstances , there is nothing holding my family here except watches.
With the pace of the watch industry, relocating to Germany wont help much, except to give some type of imagined credibility to Aegir by being there, or Switzerland of course.

Given that all parts are made in Switzerland and Germany anyway, I don't feel it will have any significant impact.
Given also that Australia is a beautiful, warm, fantastic place with white sand and blue water, relocating to Perth Western Australia seems like a trade off I am willing to risk.
It is not the best of timing maybe, but while the CD-2 is being produced and not expected to be ready until April/May due to lead time on the movements, then we thought we may as well go ahead and do it now.
It may add a couple of weeks to the date for shipping the watches, and may not, but it would be a minor delay in this industry.
We are planning the move during the Basel fair, as i plan only to attend for 2 days.

The prototype work continues well and soon i will start a thread on its production.
I am only waiting to have a series of pictures and posts to keep a smooth flow to it.
The first prototype Aegir knife, handmade in the UK by Stuart Mitchell arrived yesterday and we are taking some pictures of that today to add to our website.
A diving knife design, to be handmade as well, is being worked on now and that will more than likely be an Australian knife, due to supporting a local maker when it is possible.

Todd, good luck on the move. How far after the CD-2 do u think the CD-1 will be available?
CD-1 will be in the next production.
There is a 6 month wait on movements from order, and i wont order them until this first production is sorted out completely-ish.
So will be 2011, but not soon i am afraid.
Having said that, all other work will be completed on the watch, so it would ship right away.
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com